Sign in to follow this  
Homeshlyce

*CRASHES*

Hey guys! When I am playing dayz the game will most of the time crash within 5-30 minutes or never. Everything works fine up until the crash. The screen will turn a color, usually green or brown, and then the audio will keep skipping. Nothing will fix it and i have to unplug my computer. This also seems to happen during a few other system intensive tasks. I am thinking that its my RAM since it's an old computer that I bought and then beefed up the GPU and PSU. I have 3 gigabytes of DDR2 RAM.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

Haunted copy, please contact creepypasta forums.

Could be over-heating. Before you spend any money, use some compressed air to give the fan ect. a good clean, this can solve a lot of issues, if it's an old PC then it's probably well overdue.

• Like 1

Could be over-heating. Before you spend any money, use some compressed air to give the fan ect. a good clean, this can solve a lot of issues, if it's an old PC then it's probably well overdue.

Maybe before doing any effort at all you try a program first that shows the temprature.

You could but I've found that to be unreliable at times. If it hasn't been cleaned for a long time then it will need cleaning to improve performance no matter what temp a programme tells you it's running at.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

frags is right... temp programs are only as good as the probes on the mobo on cheap ones they can be 10 degrees out either way plus that with systems being old dont help . colour change when playing games usually indicate gpu issues. could be helpful if you posted you specs as well as what case you stuffed your new gpu and psu into

frags is right... temp programs are only as good as the probes on the mobo on cheap ones they can be 10 degrees out either way plus that with systems being old dont help . colour change when playing games usually indicate gpu issues. could be helpful if you posted you specs as well as what case you stuffed your new gpu and psu into

I use the progam provided with the hardware.

I use the progam provided with the hardware.

it dont matter the program you use it still reads the variable from the dts and then applies a formula to work out said temperature for amd i believe its value / 8 and intel its tjunction - value

i was saying its unreliable to read dont matter what program is you use to read it

put it this way in one of my pcs i have dual radeon 6870's each one says its running at 60 in the amd software 58 in cpuid hw mon 59 in speedfan and 54 on my nzxt fan controler with the temp probe between the heatsink and the chip

plus that to the fact that older hardware cannot run as hot as newer stuff and that each component cant run at the same temp threshold even if they are the same components ei just to say that one old x6 can run at 80 happily doesn't mean another x6 can

• Like 1

Wow, I might fraps a screenshot of me actually being correct when it comes to something technical. There's a first time for everything. I might go for 3 in a row, this is the dawning of a new era.

• Like 1

Wow, I might fraps a screenshot of me actually being correct when it comes to something technical. There's a first time for everything. I might go for 3 in a row, this is the dawning of a new era.

Were all so happy that era is coming......*gets as50*

• Like 2

well fraggles hang around the tech support section long enough and you pick things up :)... ive seen you giving people correct advice on technical issues before..... well i think it was you. :D

If OP cleans his rig and it works a get I power up and can choose a perk.

Regarding the cleaning thing I just know that one from experience. I cleaned mine recently and it solved loads of issues and the temp wasn't reading very high. I might just start posting it as the answer for every technical issue, it'll improve my right/wrong ratio.

Edited by Fraggle

If OP cleans his rig and it works a get a power up and can choose a perk.

Regarding the cleaning thing I just know that one from experience. I cleaned mine recently and it solved loads of issues and the temp wasn't reading very high. I might just start posting it as the answer for every technical issue, it'll improve my right/wrong ratio.

My advice: watercooling.

• Like 2

BTW. This mainly happens in full screen play, however it still happens in windowed mode. My GPU temp are fairly good at about 40 C. My graphics card is MSI gtx 660 ti OC edition.