FieldMedic

Anyone tried the Double-Barrelled Shotgun yet?

I've seen it a few times but I have a decent primary weapon already and so haven't given it a try yet.

I picked it up and tested it out.

It's a winchester with only 2 shots per mag.

I don't get people who are saying it's loud. It is the exact same sound as the winchester.

I don't get people who are saying it's loud. It is the exact same sound as the winchester.

From my experience, it brought all the zombies to the yard, sans milkshake.

The two shots really make it only useful as one of the first guns you find. First time I used it was on a bandit that thought he was sneaking up on me, two shots in the chest got me the insta kill. I've one shotted most zombies with slugs at range, thought a couple of time I've seen zombie straight up ignore close range shots from it.

I picked it up and tested it out.

It's a winchester with only 2 shots per mag.

Yup, this is pretty much how I feel about it. Another thing to note, you cant shoot both barrels at the same time.

I asked a friend of mine about it and he said that in real life you dont shoot both at the same time. So I guess its to be more realistic but still I wish I could shoot both slugs at once. Or pepper the hell out of a zombie horde with buckshot lol

Edit: It looks cool. Nice detail on the back of the gun when ADS'ed. Other than that I say Winchester is better and less rare(?)

I found one but for some reason couldn't pick it up :huh:

I have used one, its powerful alright, though is spary damage implemented? Or it works as a rifle?

I tried it in the armory. I've got a remmington, so no reason to try the new shotgun :/

I dunno how great an idea this is but I'd actually replace the Winchester with the Double-Barrel completely or perhaps with a real life pump action. The Winchester 1866 isn't actually a shotgun :P

I remember thinking, "Awesome a Double Barrel! :D"

Then I remember shooting zombies with it... "FUCK IT'S A DOUBLE BARREL!".

Moral of the story, one mag has two shots. My three mags totaled 6 shots. NOT GOOD.

Yeah might not be so bad if you had a box of, say 10 shells, that took up one inventory space that you could draw from.

some dude snuck up behind me and shot both barrels into my back. I turned around, switched to my m16 and unloaded a whole mag in his face. Yeah the new shotgun sucks

Yes. It's instant kill but the ammo is two per slot. So you will need loads of ammo to fully use it. Perfect newbie weapon.

some dude snuck up behind me and shot both barrels into my back. I turned around' date=' switched to my m16 and unloaded a whole mag in his face. Yeah the new shotgun sucks

[/quote']

BS

Good for a initial start/barn raid but other then that no good... Found one after spawn in nearest barn was like oh shit son! Double barrel! then in same barn found the good ole Winny and well... bye Double barrel... however later on I died and rushed Cherno and found one on a corpse and climed station ladder and one shot blasted a guy camping inside so.. meh not bad but ammo sux.. 2rnds per slot and limited rounds makes it pointless other then a initial gun..

I don't know, i shot someone with both the slugs at a close range and he didn't die, figured it was lag, but am never lifting the gun up again.

We really need a tacticool version. Ris rails, vert grip with flashlight, red dot sight and sawed off, just like seal team six.

Since you can turn the 2rnd slugs to 8rnd (for the other shottys) mayhap you can do it the other way around, and then have 8 rounds per slot until you need to break it down to 4 different? Havent tried it though.

But yeah, it's good for the start. A little less range then the Winchester and a lot less ammo.