Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

How to bring an Axe to a gunfight..

So I am still new to this game, and of course at first was scared out of my mind of Zombies until one day I squaded up with some random guys and I noticed how they would just run around paying no attention to them. I learned, patches came and I learned again.. but my best initial lesson was the Hatchet.

So Im like an American Psycho with my Hatchet these days, and loving it.. Zeds run from me at times ;) and one time this guy ran up to me and tried to hack me up, so I shot him and was shocked at his bravado.. almost impressed at how ballsy he was. Then I thought, no that was just stupid.. never bring an axe to a gunfight.

But last night.. I was in Cherno gathering goods for the trip North I was planning. I started to hear shots ring out.. and see players dropping dead on the text feed. I though to myself, lets stay away from that area.. but got turned around and found myself in the shooting grounds of 1 very skilled bandit. He was at the military tents "hospitals" in the middle area of Cherno. The one with the tall tower right there with them.

This Bandit had taken out some 14 guys with his CZ50.. catching them all as they tried to gather loot. Total ambush type bandit, and killing JUST FOR SPORT. So I happen to see him, scoping in on me.. get very lucky that I did. So I use my flanking skills and fake left, but then pull right when he goes around the building all the while not even realzing I have spotted him, spotting me. So I sneak up next to him, hack my axe and SWING AND A MISS!.. off he goes running scared out of his mind, as I swing away like Babe Ruth on him.. finally I get tired of the cat and mouse so I duck behind a wall and he losses me again.. Im laughing now. A guy with a ton of weapons and gear versus a noob with an Axe and he is running scared. So I stalk him.. he spins in circles panic stricken looking for me, and finally decides to climb the huge tower to get a vantage point on me. So I follow.. quietly. Wait for him to reach the top, then I climb the ladder after him. At the top I hacked him to death, stole all his awesome loot, climbed down and started north..

2 minutes later, I died for no reason at all. Just dropped dead. No one around, no shots. Instant death.

Best game for me so far.. and that is my "How to bring an Axe to a gunfight" :P

• Like 6

Good little story, good on you for killing a Bandit: Sport Edition.

• Like 2

Thanks man.. it was my first genuine Bandit kill and it felt damn good

• Like 1

My hatchet is basically my favorite weapon in the game. I have NO IDEA how I miss 90% of my targets (mainly zs) but it's my favorite weapon. And i'm still a newb, but Dayz is quickly becoming my favorite game. Will buy the CRAP out of the S.A. :lol:

• Like 1

You should try the machete. It's pretty much the same as the hatchet, just more badass.

• Like 1

You should try the machete. It's pretty much the same as the hatchet, just more badass.

I want it now! ..where do I find them, deer stands? or ?

where do I find them, deer stands? or ?

Yeah, they spawn in deer stands. I've yet to find one though, the database says they have a 0.56% chance of spawning.

• Like 1

Yeah, they spawn in deer stands. I've yet to find one though, the database says they have a 0.56% chance of spawning.

Ill probably get to one, only to find a stack of toilet paper and 2 straight razors.. >:(

Axe kills are definitely the most satisfying! I had some muppet try to kill me with a CZ550 when i had just spawned in near Solnichniy. He missed me and i took cover. I couldn't see him, but the Z's that his shot had aggro'd flushed him out for me. I used some bushes and dead ground to cover my approach to him and I got really lucky in that he ran down the hill to try and use the same bushes to lose the Z's. One quick side-step and a couple of swipes and his legs are broken. The Z's did the rest. It ended up being the quickest tool-up i ever had in the game, from just an axe to scoped rifle, side-arm, food, drink map etc, only one bullet fired, and it wasnt even by me!

Axe kills are definitely the most satisfying! I had some muppet try to kill me with a CZ550 when i had just spawned in near Solnichniy. He missed me and i took cover. I couldn't see him, but the Z's that his shot had aggro'd flushed him out for me. I used some bushes and dead ground to cover my approach to him and I got really lucky in that he ran down the hill to try and use the same bushes to lose the Z's. One quick side-step and a couple of swipes and his legs are broken. The Z's did the rest. It ended up being the quickest tool-up i ever had in the game, from just an axe to scoped rifle, side-arm, food, drink map etc, only one bullet fired, and it wasnt even by me!

lol.. nice man. I would have been in a similar scenario yesterday, but did not have a hatchet yet so had to book it out of there like a trackstar.

Out of all the "noob" guns I like the revolver. Finding them when freshly spawned makes me feel more confident when I journey into the wilderness

Out of all the "noob" guns I like the revolver. Finding them when freshly spawned makes me feel more confident when I journey into the wilderness

Its funny, I feel more safe with just an Axe then I do with any other weapon. I really wish you could switch from your primaries to your axe easily. Would make this game ten times easier on me.

I feel bad because I just shot the shit out of some dude who came in the control tower wielding an axe, I was in there looting when he appeared in the door way, scared the crap out of me