Sign in to follow this  
Dishy

Invalid Cd Key

Whuddup Playerss,

Everytime i try to join a server it says Wrong Cd Key/Invalid Cd Key. I've bought ArmA 2 & OA off of Steam. How do i fix this? :/

I forgot to mention that i've never downloaded anything or installed hacks n shit :P

Edited by Dishy
  • Like 1

I aint accusing you of anything but have you downloaded any hacks, frame rate increasing programs or anything DayZ related that isn't from a trusted source?

I aint accusing you of anything but have you downloaded any hacks, frame rate increasing programs or anything DayZ related that isn't from a trusted source?

No i haven't

No i haven't

Have you let anyone else on your computer or steam account? If not then there is a really small chance your key has been sold twice and you're gonna have to contact steam about it.

Have you let anyone else on your computer or steam account? If not then there is a really small chance your key has been sold twice and you're gonna have to contact steam about it.

I haven't let anyone use my steam account, i'm reinstalling both games atm to see if that'll fix it but it probably wont

• Like 1

I think your fucked

Quote of the century right here, folks.

As for the OP's problem, try going into your registry files and deleting your ArmA 2 OA folder. To get to the registry, go to "Start", find "Run", and enter "regedit", and click run. Once there, navigate your way to the ArmA 2 OA folder. Here is the path- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SOFTWARE → Wow6432Node → Bohemia Interactive Studio → ArmA 2 OA. Right click click on the folder and delete it. If it is saying you do not have permission to delete it, go though the steps below..

To delete the ArmA 2 OA folder from your registry*, highlight the ArmA 2 OA folder, go to the "edit" tab, click "permissions...", and then click advanced. Find your computer's user name, highlight it, and click "edit". From there you should see a table of checkmarks. Where it says "Full control", highlight allow. This will grant you complete control, thus letting you delete the ArmA 2 OA folder. Once you do that, be sure to click "apply". You should return to the window called "Permissions for ArmA 2 OA". Look for the box that contains "Full control" "Read" and "Special permissions". Checkmark "Allow" for full control, then click apply. You should be able to delete ArmA 2 OA. Reinstall the game and verify it's integrity cache via Steam.

*Editing your registry can cause permanent damage to your system. I will not be held responsible for any damage you cause.

I sincerely hope this fixes your problem. I've been in the exact situation you're currently in and it definitely was not fun.

• Like 3

Run steam as administrator. This is the first thing you should try.

Run steam as administrator. This is the first thing you should try.

Already did that.

For some reason, im global banned now.

Yep, your key was stolen. The only way a key could be stolen, is through software. You or someone else must have downloaded some nasty software which is designed to log and steal keys. The next step you take, is to contact Battleye. They may tell you to contact Bohemia Interactive, and Bohemia will decide if you are eligible for a replacement key.

Yeah...deleted the key wondering to myself how getting rid of it will help AT ALL! Deleted it, can no longer play the game.

You.....deleted you're own game key...for no reason..(dammit i can't get it.)

Edited by RekliSnipez