Sign in to follow this  
Encrypted (DayZ)

Geared up with epic kit... afraid to play now!

Like the title says I am geared right out.

Gillie suit, camo svd and the FN FAL with the night sight.

It's all good but I only really play with a couple of friends and they aren't on all the time. Without some people I trust to watch my back, I do not want to play I'm so afraid of losing this stuff and yet it is all I want to play. :-/

Go forth and risk it..thats the fun, pressure makes the game so much better. I've lost count of the amount of times i have lost good stuff. Currently running with the big coyote pack, first time i have found it, loaded it up with goodies and risking it all!

Like the title says I am geared right out.

Gillie suit' date=' camo svd and the FN FAL with the night sight.

It's all good but I only really play with a couple of friends and they aren't on all the time. Without some people I trust to watch my back, I do not want to play I'm so afraid of losing this stuff and yet it is all I want to play. :-/

[/quote']

you can't be afraid to lose everything. half of the fun of the mod in its current state is scratching and clawing your way back.

Just log on and have fun with the gear while you have it. You will lose it sooner or later (sooner if you enjoy it, later if you just don't play).

When I'm kitted out I get a bit afraid of playing aswell. But I'm trying to learn that the fun part of this game is the adventure of getting the items and using them, not having them.

It's a permadeath game, don't get attached. The FN FAL is a great weapon, but it's useless if you don't connect, or sitting in a tent hidden away. Just go in, do whatever you want to do, raiding NW Airfield barracks, killing others who try, whatever your preferances might be.

If your friends aren't around you run a high risk of dying, even with the best kit. But then you start over. There's no endgame, there's only a choice to enjoy it while it lasts, or hide in a forrest.

I recently died with a well-kitted guy. I was bummed and took a few hours break. Spawned in Balota, went to the airfield and got all giddy when I found a handgun and an AK and started making my way north.

People need to realize that you don't play the game to collect loot. You collect loot to make it easier to play the game.

The goal of the game is survival. The equipment you find are just means to that end.

Where do you get Fal mags? Never seen any.

Wondering that as well now that I have the gun. Unfortunately I think you would only get them at downed helis :(

Look, you WILL lose them either way, sooner or later, 1 unlucky hit and you are unconscious and being eaten or some guy will snipe you from 500m, so why to worry about your items? It's not like they are the only one in server, even if you die you will find other, maybe even better so I say just go and enjoy the game for what its made, surviving and scavening goods :)

some of the best times in this game is trying to survive cherno/electro and coming out of them with a decent gun and supplies to head North.

not to long ago i was making my way to Cherno when i found a grenade inside a dock warehouse in kamenka. When i got to Cherno i saw a ghillie suited guy run into the church carrying an AKM and being chased by zeds. i go to the door way and asked in DC if he was friendly and then i talked and asked. No reply. So i assumed this meant he was hostile. Being only armed with the hand grenade i made the decision that he must be a bandit.

I then proceeded to unpin the grenade and tossed it into the church. Apparently he wasnt directly near the grenade but he was close enough to where it knocked him unconcious, bleeding, and broken. I got to watch him die and then loot his corpse.

This is also why I like, and prize the common guns.

The Enfield is my favorite out-the-jump go to weapon, and the 1911 or revolver.

Plus, besides the noise, I trust it more than the M4s based on bad experiences.

Listen, i will keep saying this and i will never stop saying it.

Lee enfield > rest. It ALWAYS gets the shit done, apart from the fact that it will attract every zombie for 3 miles...

Ive shot people from 500m WHILE they were running.

I shot a guy camping on top of the highest building in cherno, when i only saw his backpack.

And i've never played Arma2 since dayz.

Having fancy weapons will in most cases... only make YOU weaker.