-ozzy-

Primary weapon disappearing.

Same happened to me, lost m249 & 3 belts to it, m9sd (was replaced with makarov & 3 mags), bandages, food and gps.. What's going on?

People you got to remember this is an Alpha and the devs do not have to give your items back.

I know this happened to a member of my group twice earlier.

I've been avoiding logging in today mostly to avoid it happening to me - I'm working under the assumption it will be patched quite soon.

Date/Time: 06/18/2012 21:13 GMT+1

What happened: Logged into server, my M4 CCO SD, NVG, Revolver, hatchet + ammo is gone and replaced by makorov.

Where you were: Near Berenzino

What you were doing: Loaded in.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.2

*Server(s) you were on: EU 21

*Your system specs: not relevant

*Timeline of events before/after error: Nothing special but logging out and logging back in after a few hours

Date/Time: 06/19/2012 ~21:40 utc+3

What happened: Logged into server, my m249, gps, m9sd, hatchet + ammo is gone and replaced by makorov.

Where you were: Berezino appartments near the general store

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.2

*Server(s) you were on: Norway 1

What happened: Logged into server, my DMR and M1911 are gone, replaced with a single Makarov. Also lost bandages and all ammo for both guns.

Where you were: South Berenzino Market

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.4

*Server(s) you were on: US server, forgot number

*System Specs: Irrelevant

Same thing happened to me last night. Already posted a bug report but I will throw in what happened real quick.

What happened: Logged onto a server to find my M4 CCO, M9SD, all equipped bandages, and all of my food missing. Also had these items replaced with a Makarov and 3 mags.

Where were you: South of Zelenogorsk in the wilderness

What were you doing: Trying to find a stable server with all the 1.7.1.2 glitches taking place.

Current version: 1.7.1.2

Servers: US Chicago 49 I believe.. Logged in to an EU server when things went missing.

System specs: Very good.

-Malzahar

Logged out yesterday after having played 1.7.1.2 for a while.

Had basically everything.. M14, Colt 1911, rangefinder, NVG and all gadgets (matches, hatchet, GPS etc). Ghillie suit that never bugged on me. Plenty of steaks and water..

Applied patch 1.7.1.4 and spawned.

Now I'm still in the ghillie suit and still in my rather secluded location of choice where I logged out from but all weapons are gone and replaced with a Makarov. Rangefinder and NVG are gone and replaced with binoculars.. Some of the meat is still there though in the coyote bag that spawned instead of my ALICE.

Rather boring way to lose your stuff.. Any way to revert?

It's because during the loading in' date=' your character stands in the debug zone. People can see your character there and loot it freely. I lost a GPS, nightvision and an M14 today because of it.

[/quote']

This is NOT true. It would be hypocritical for me to debunk these assumptions without knowing the facts so I won't bother.

I doubt it this shit seems to be getting worse and The DEVS seem to be only worried about fixing The PVP aspect of this mod i dont think this should be called a Zombie apoc game or a Zombie survival game but more like Arma 2:Call of Duty

Don't be a mindless tool throwing out Call of Duty in a BUG REPORT thread. The DEVS have no responsibility of fixing this MOD as it's an ALPHA and not a game presented for your enjoyment yet. This is the experiment that leads to the product. YOU are counter-productive and therefor should not be part of a productive process. Please go away until official release.

I would like a word from the devs whats causing this issue' date=' im scared shitless of even attempting to enter a server.

[/quote']

Where do you get your sense of entitlement from? Read my above response to Dalereo.

I am okay with all bugs in this mod incl. swimming 15 min trough the ocean but THIS is SHIT.

Oh are these bugs not ACCEPTABLE for you in this mod? Glad to hear that YOU are OK with the other bugs, we all can get some rest now. It's an alpha, you haven't even given him proper time to resolve it, not that he HAS to please you in the ALPHA STAGE.

YES I'm being a dick and over using ALL CAPS words. I feel like these points have been made politely by other people and you guys still don't get it.

LASTLY to people getting their gear replaced with a Makarov, and people getting more than their rifle and associated ammo erased: I'm not convinced this is the same issue as mine. I definitely understand you guys posting in my thread in case I left that part out but I would recommend you guys create a NEW bug report thread (if there hasn't been one already) because I feel my bug report is unique to anyone getting the Makarov issue.

Thanks to people using some sense!

This exact same thing happened to me twice now.

I just now logged in for the first time playing 1.7.1.4, last time i played was yesterday running version 1.7.1.2.

Logged in to find my PDW with 3 magazines and my M4A1 CCO missing + some other stuff in my inventory i don't recall. All my stuff in my Alice pack however seems to have survived. And somehow a Makarov with 3 mags has been replacing my previous setup.

3 other persons playing on the server (Norway 2) so i doubt someone jacked my gear while in the debug forest as suggested earlier in the thread.

Screenshot: http://bildr.no/view/1209217

The funny thing is this happened to me a day earlier aswell. I found a L85 CWS and a FN Fal at a heli site which i kept in my backpack for safemeasures since it was 30min to server restart and i didn't dare put em in my tent before untill after the restart. Logged in 5min after it had been reset, and to my surprise neither of those guns were in my backpack, but i still had my m24 primary and 1911colt sidearm.

No need to feel sad, just gotta keep on lookin for them good stuff :)

I can report upon connecting to North Carolina 4, with 1.7.1.4, my primary weapon was gone along with any throwing weapons/flares/etc I had.

Date/Time: 06/19/2012 10:35PM CDT

What happened: Loaded into server, lost all equipped items, save for my backpack. Replaced with makarov, ammo, and other items.

Where you were: W of Zelenogorsk.

What you were doing: Loading.

*Server(s) you were on: Don't remember.

*Your system specs: Core2Quad Q9450 3.2GHZ / HD4870 / 8GB DDR2 / 300GB WD Velociraptor

*Timeline of events before/after error: Looking for server. Joined one, open backpack, and I'm missing all my items.

Date/Time: 06/19/2012 4:55PM CST

What happened: Loaded into server, primary weapon missing along with it's associated ammo in my main inventory. Lost secondary weapon and all associated ammo. Lost all gear in main inventory. Secondary weapon replaced with Makarov and 3 magazines. Main inventory wiped except for blood bag, painkillers, morphine, a can of beans, and a pepsi.

Where you were: NE of Pustoshka

What you were doing: Loading in.

*Server(s) you were on: US 25

*Your system specs: Q6600 2.4GHz / 5770HD / 4GB DDR3 / 500GB HDD

*Timeline of events before/after error: Spawned this character in the newest 1.7.1.4 patch I believe. After losing all gear, proceeded to cry and be sad about life in Day Z

Date/Time: 06/19/2012 5:32 PM CST

What happened: I updated DayZ to v1.7.1.4 and then Loaded into an EU server. My primary weapon(MP5), secondary weapon(G17) was gone along with their ammos in my main inventory. Also my NVGs, GPS, and Hatchet was missing from the tools inventory. I also lost all gear in main inventory. Secondary weapon replaced with Makarov and 2 magazines. Main inventory wiped except for blood bag, painkiller, morphine, a can of beans, and a pepsi. The others tools I had stayed the same were the same also was my ALICE backpack, it kept everything in my backpack.

Where you were: South of NW Airstrip

*Server(s) you were on: Some EU server

*Your system specs: i7 3.4 GHz / GTX560 / 16GB DDR3 / 600GB HDD

*Timeline of events before/after error: Log off at 12:30 A.M. on 6/19/12 DayZ was still v1.7.1.2. Login and Spawned character in the newest 1.7.1.4 patch. I saw that my main inventory was missing items since I couldn't used my NVGs. I then log out and tries other servers.

Date/Time: 06/18/2012 7:00 PM CST

What happened: I updated DayZ to v1.7.1.4 and then Loaded into an SE 3 server. My primary weapon(M4SD), secondary weapon(M9SD) was gone along with their ammos in my main inventory. Also my NVGs, GPS, and Hatchet was missing from the tools inventory. I also lost all gear in main inventory. Secondary weapon replaced with Makarov and 3 magazines. Main inventory wiped except for blood bag, painkiller, morphine, and a pepsi. Also M24 and ammo is missing from my coyote backpack

Where you were: South of Petrovka

*Server(s) you were on: SE 3

*Your system specs: AMD Phenom II x4 965 / GTX260 / 8GB DDR2

*Timeline of events before/after error: Log off on 6/18/12 DayZ was still v1.7.1.2. Login and Spawned character in the newest 1.7.1.4 patch. I saw that my main inventory was missing items since I couldn't used my NVGs. I then log out and tries other servers.

My team and I had several Urals full of various weapons. After installing 1.7.1.4 all but the food and medical disappeared out of the Urals. It was a collection that took 9 people close to three weeks to get. We are talking close to 600 game hours. We didn't have every weapon, but I felt really comfortable about having several of most every weapon. Even had an SA50 stored with three mags!

I know it's alpha, but losing all that hard work is very frustrating. So frustrating that two of the people who bought Arma2 on my advice will no longer play, even after explaining how alpha works, or does not work. Their frustration regarding the loss of the gear really hurt their desire to continue playing the game.

The experience of these people can role over into bad advertisement. Which can decrease client investigations into new games, which equals low sales, regardless of the fixes and additions during development.

I'm starting to feel that there needs to be an advisory warning on the game to help people understand the trails and tribulations of alpha/beta testing.

I personally wont be logging in until weapons stop disappearing and zed don't agro you while laying down. My gear took me a long time to acquire and I'm not giving it to bugs!

Not too sure if it'll be in the logs or not but whats to stop people from saying they have an awesome kit say, m4sd m9sd with full coyote backpack full of cooked meat blood-bags ammo drinks NVG and so on When all they had was a makrov?

I lost a ak kobra from this too once but i wasnt too upset seeing as i always have luck finding another good weapon fast

so i doubt that anyone lost their stuff would get any back so might as well suck it up and curse the bug/hacker and go find another weapon guys >_<

Logged in this morning and lost 4 Stanag SD clips and the DMR in my backpack. I am definitely sick of this bug. It has gotten me twice now. It only seems to happen when you DON'T want it too.

how do you actually deal with swapping weapons that are in your pack?

tried dropping a primary wep to equip primary wep from bag then tried putting dropped 1 into bag, didnt work, m24 magically disappeared when dropped it along with ammo :/

tried straight swap of AN-FL with night sight with pp-19 silenced making sure there was enough slots on both sides for their ammo, AN-FL completely disappeared along with ammo :/

what is the procedure or is just completely bugging out at the moment?

wrong thread tbh will post in a new :D