ThatGuy (DayZ)

We're gunna need a bigger boat...

Whelp,

http://kotaku.com/5908753/this-might-be-the-greatest-zombie-game-ever-made

First Reddit/4Chan, now Kotaku, it's only a matter of time before this blows up even bigger and Rocket gets bought out only to be sent to Siberia. Might I suggest that if a player has joined and is not part of the database that the game tells them to play the ARMA II tutorial? :P

Anyways congratulations and all that...

Whilst it isn't immediately great for the mod itself (server load, alpha state and what not) it's absolutely incredible for PC gaming and its modding community.

Well done Rocket, I hope this doesn't make you lose your original vision for the Mod but you deserve the success that you're going to achieve from this.

As I said before, there is only so much Pepsi and Pringles a man can eat!

And I didn't put ArmA2:CO into the top three on steam - you guys did. You're sending a message to the big studios about modding so well done.

It does concern me a bit though, this is a very early and very buggy alpha. There is still a long, hard, way to go. Hopefully people understand that when I say this is alpha, I do mean that. It really IS alpha. There's no meat there yet, playable content and replayability just hasn't even been considered.

• Like 2

It does concern me a bit though' date=' this is a [b']very early and very buggy alpha. There is still a long, hard, way to go. Hopefully people understand that when I say this is alpha, I do mean that. It really IS alpha. There's no meat there yet, playable content and replayability just hasn't even been considered.

Right now it's not very clear it's in alpha version if you go to the main website. There is only a red alpha logo in the header, the introduction text doesn't say anything about alpha version.

Maybe make some kind of info/announcement text box above the intro text with different color and a text explaining the current state of the mod etc. :)

""playable content and replayability just hasn't even been considered. ""

I can't wait until those things are considered because so far it has been fantastic.

on the other hand it could screw things up :D

As I said before' date=' there is only so much Pepsi and Pringles a man can eat!

And I didn't put ArmA2:CO into the top three on steam - you guys did. You're sending a message to the big studios about modding so well done.

It does concern me a bit though, this is a [b']very early and very buggy alpha. There is still a long, hard, way to go. Hopefully people understand that when I say this is alpha, I do mean that. It really IS alpha. There's no meat there yet, playable content and replayability just hasn't even been considered.

Rocket, this is why Dayz Mod is so great and everybody loves it. You are a gamer at heart and develop this mod with the communities best interest. You take criticism and suggestions well and it shows in your Mod. You have such a level head and a great mindset it's outstanding.

I wish big studios would think the way you do but in all reality, they aren't gamers, they are business men. They don't care about the community all they care about is how much money they put in their pocket.

What I'm trying to get at is you are doing an excellent job and we all greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into this mod for us.

How about a prominent "DayZ Arma2 mod - Alpha version - work in progress" followed by smaller "if you are new to Arma2, please play the tutorials to get you acquainted with the controls" on the loading screen? :)

Very exciting times for Arma.

Good PvP netcode [1.60] and a persistent gameworld mode is mind blowing in its posibilities.

The Arma3 release may far exceed sales expectations. Can't buy this kind of buzz.

Great job!

You should probably be shoving the fact that its in Alpha down everyone's throat all the time, because even if you do, there will still be hoards of people coming to the forums complaining about every little bug (even if its an Arma2 bug not a DayZ bug). Everywhere the name DayZ is mentioned, tack Alpha onto it, in the updates, put "DayZ Alpha Build 1.5.6. The next few days will probably be rough after that Kotaku article and the top promoted comment, which perfectly describes part of the heart of this game.

P.s. I agree that Arma2's bootcamp should be mentioned somewhere and highly recommending it, stressing that controls can be confusing if you don't. Spend half the time in game explaining very basic controls and mechanics to people who promptly ask the same quest a few minutes later because they weren't paying attention.

Sorry if that was a little OT lol

More people = More overloaded servers = Technical problems and huge ass waiting times everywhere = DayZ doesn't have the infrastructure for so much popularity.

A lot of people wants to play DayZ, but only a very few of them wants to pay and add new servers to " contain the flow ".

And they even whine like shit when the admin, paying for their asses, takes decisions. Like if the server belongs to them.

It sends a message for sure, but what about the people who wants to play " decently " ?

You know where i am going with this.