Sign in to follow this  
Bone218 (DayZ)

Undergroud places

Some of these or all of these have been suggested begore but I thougth I'd put them all in one.

Underground stuff:

Spider holes

Metro/subway

Sewer

basements

secret crawly tunnels/pipes

etc.

you get it right?

Some of these or all of these have been suggested begore but I thougth I'd put them all in one.

Underground stuff:

Spider holes

Metro/subway

Sewer

basements

etc.

you get it right?

Tomb for stupid ideas

• Like 1

Underground stuff:

Spider holes

Metro/subway

Sewer

basements

etc.

you get it right?

Object AII is the most famous (and one of the only) underground installations in the game. And everybody camps that all the time to an extent that it's impossible to get loot. Good idea, but it just won't work.

Hi. This is my first post. I know the implementation of different kinds of player built structures and different spawn points has been done to death. Rather than start a new topic, I think it is appropriate to just expand on the idea of underground locations here. I haven't found a post with my specific idea. Though, some may have touched on it.

Why not have random building spawns? Either a log cabin in a remote location, or an underground installation. Much like the helicopter crash sites, they could be randomly placed in any number of predetermined locations. This would allow for a constant value in a given server/map. This is a better solution to building an infinite number of structures which encounters server limitations. Players may eventually learn of all the different possible locations, but it still presents a challenge getting from one possible location to another.

This would help satisfy some of the players "wants" surrounding establishing a base. It could offer a temporary solution. Obviously, with server resets and the building location switch, it creates a problem for weapon storage. However, bases only need to be temporary. Or on the other hand, they may not be a static defensive position that players would want to stay, but rather a unique item spawn. Underground randomly spawning bases are a little harder to spot than a helicopter crash site spewing smoke and flame. Rewards the player a little more. Or perhaps, it could be an underground food store, made by conscious survivalists in preparation for the virus outbreak. Complete with bandages and other basic survival gear. This would contrast with military items found at a crash site. It could serve as a spawn point (without loot). This would aid in the disorientation of players. Always having to figure out exactly where they are emerging on the map.

My other idea for building use could feed some sort of endgame. Not story driven, but collectibles to be found between server resets. It presents some short term goals to survivors alongside simply surviving. I've yet to determine how this would become beneficial to the player. It really depends on whether the developers wish to implement a skill tree or points system of some kind.

One other additional advantage to this concept is that the buildings don't have to be very big. Like a sewer or metro network. It becomes quite manageable, I think...!

Thanks, developers :) Excited for the standalone release. I am actually building a new high end rig to play many upcoming game titles this year :D