Sign in to follow this  
khalimerot

Administration is impossible....

Hello everyone ,

I'm the administrator of EU9 server.

First when we rent this server , there was the Crazy Pepper.

We hunted them because there was already a post about their suspiscious way of playing by cheating. After a few days of hunt we found enough proof, got them banned and two of them was banned from this forum.

But later...they changed their nickname ,and we don't think about writing all of their GUID, but we think they were gone. And the topic was gone too (the password is strong with this one) with the rollback.

That was a win , and that was pretty fun to hunt them anyway. We lost all our great stuff , but that was for the good of everyone.

Yesterday , we have just done the same with the A2G . That's a long and awesome story to tell but i will not tell it here. At the end, there were 3 A2G men with M107, killing people coming behind their back at 1km , nice movement predictions skill... and use of server hopping. We found their camp at the same time (as they found the camp of our allies), and there was a lot of duplicated weapons (weapons you can't have in so many numbers by playing, even for an "organized group" like the CrazyPeppers were).So after the 3 M107 precog mens, and this camp , we banned them all.

Today we just found another duplication camp. We managed to kill some peoples from this camp, again with M107 and top gear...and when I was about to ban them...I see that the A2G weren't ban anymore...

I contact the host, Soppa, and he told me he has unbanned them because he was fearing a blacklist because we banned them without posting proofs on the forum.

So , what am I supposed to do ? Just ignore those cheaters and people who are duplicating, server hopping and everything else?

Trying to hunt them with my proud flashlight ? Just taking all of my free time to hunt some fucking cheaters and taking proofs, to protect the gameplay of this mod ?

If it's the last proposition. which we have done until now , you just have to now that's impossible. We are two allied team against cheaters...and we barely managed to get rid of them (it's more of a Pyrrhic victory), when we get informed they are no longer banned.

They are too much , and cheating is just too easy.

I know this mod is only an alpha test , but alpha test do not mean let everyone do anything just for test purpose.

Rocket, if you want to do a stand alone game from this mod , you have to know that you will not succeed with this way of managing ban.

The idea of this game and the game are really awesome , that's why so much people pay to administrate a server and play with other peoples. But administrators want to play too...they just don't want to lose their times hunting cheater, making screenshot, youtube videos, and post everything of this forum and get spit on the face when they are not (I'm talking about the fair admins, not the ones abusing each time they get killed or whatever), when cheaters are just laughing making streaming videos of them cheating.

So if you take too much times at making something about that , you will just come to your editor with a good games but no-one to play on it.

And if you tell me , that it is a privilege for me to host a server with your mod...I will come to you and slap you until you die, because yes we have this privilege, but the very most important thing is that you have the privilege to have people paying to run your mod on some servers, having people helping you to find bug, and coding this mod to make it workable to be a stand alone a day.

Don't forget the community that support you, your team, and your work.

And please, stop crying about cheaters, that is just a shame, crying will not help. I'm hunting , so do something. And yes , here is a potatoe for you.

24534.jpg

I'm belgian , so it's free.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with this thread? That you want to ban people without having to spend time collecting evidence to back the ban up?

Because unfortunately, that's the way it's got to work right now. There's no way around it. Rocket can't allow people to ban left right and center without proof, because people are going to end up abusing it.

And don't get me wrong, I fully understand the pain in how much playtime this robs of server admins. I've had to stop playing countless times to to sort out issues between players on my server, and to ban certain players. It sucks when you're in the middle of raiding the NW airfield and you have to stop to do admin duties, but unfortunately that's just one of the responsibilities we server admins have. It's something we'll just have to live with.

Also, you don't have to make a thread here every time you ban someone. Just save the evidence somewhere and if someone appeals a ban here you have evidence to back it up with.

I had the proof, and still have it.

I will just not lose all of my time encoding, uploading videos, reading logs, take screenshot, upload screenshot cause some cheaters are here, you can't imagine how much time it takes to do that properly in order to have solid proofs. Oh yes, you can imagine, because it takes an entire day for two teams of 10 players to be able to do that.

I never ban someone for no reasons, if i want to do that I just have to ban all russians talking people on a french server where everyone but them are talking english, or just no talking.

The purpose of this post is just to remember this mod is slowly dying everyday, because we do not have anything to make the work easier. That's all I want, something to help the global administration, and not a free ban hammer time on the server.

We need some readable logs at first, with all the information in it, or at least a way to read it easier, it is possible (at least a tutorial in that case).

At least if the logs were readable , I just had to take a screenshot of the 100 blue on blue / friendly fire i have on the chat with time , and make it in relation with the logs. We tried isolating the log parts of the duplicating, and we ended up nowhere.

I don't ask him to balance the game , cause at each update he unbalance it more and more (but hey, it's an alpha, gonna try something new). I just want to be able to play on my server without cheaters coming back from the ban.

If he continues to work this way , it will be easy for everyone to launch his own server with the solo mod of the dayz mod...we already tested it, it's working like a charm after a few modifications. It would be the solution to all of our problems, as we would have gotten rid of all the cheaters and duplicators. But that's not what i want ,as I want to help making this game running.

Also' date=' you don't have to make a thread here every time you ban someone. Just save the evidence somewhere and if someone appeals a ban here you have evidence to back it up with.

[/quote']

Well, apparently, if there no thread, Soppa, our beloved administrator [/sarcasm], don't accept it and will unban them.

and we still don't know what acceptables proofs are. Because it's damn hard to get proofs without dying several times, we learned that the hard way. For me, when 3 players have a M107, 2 have M4SD, with full GPS, NGV and Coyote Backpack, when they server hop and magically know where all our vehicles are (and know where we are too), it's enough for me to ban them. But it's hard showing proof of that without running Fraps 24/7 (which I'd love to do if you buy me a 2 To HDD and the computer able to run it smoothly).

May be your own server with the solo mod of the dayz mod is rigt way for you ?

Because you can`t put the obvious evidence of cheating, and only show how your well-equipped group kills another well-equipped group on video.