Sign in to follow this  
Kra

How would you like your foodstuffs in DayZ Mod presented? (Multiple choice)

Foodstuff naming in DayZ Mod  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want your foodstuffs presented in DayZ Mod? (Multiple Choice)

• Coke, Pepsi and Heinz forever!!! (Keep it the way it is)
    • Kofola! I choose you! (Regional based names)
    • Мы в России .. (Cyrillic typeset)
    • Fictional "knock off" brands (Made to look like real, serious brands)
    • Fictional "knock off" brands (Silly/Jokey takes on real brand names)
    • Fictional "knock off" brands (Naming in tribute to contributors to the mod)
    • Lil' of column A & B (Have the boring/serious stuff as common, silly/tributes as ultra rare easter eggs)
    • "FOOD" "SODA" "WATER" (No-name bland plain packaging)

So I looked around and couldn't see a recent poll of this, and considering the recent turn of events, thought it might be appropriate. Lets get the ball rolling on this one :thumbsup:

Feel free to link this to other threads/communities to get their opinions as well, as I don't frequent anything other this site for DayZ related stuff.

Please, comment to elaborate on your choice or if you think the poll should be modified in anyway. I was thinking I should make it multiple choice for instance, but decided there should be enough options for everyone.

EDIT: If you have already voted and wish to vote for others as well, feel free to delete and re-do your vote. I don't think it would skew the results as all changing it at this point. Some may still only choose one.

The poll is multiple choice now, feel free to choose as many (or as little) as you'd like.

Edited by Kra
  • Like 1

Either the current name brands (I don't think the mod will have copyright issues, so they should be fine) or any of the 'fictional "knock off" brands' options sound good to me. :)

'Lil' of column A & B (Have the boring/serious stuff as common, silly/tributes as ultra rare easter eggs)' sounds cool too.

Edited by mZLY

First time i have thought about the cyrillic typeset and i like that idea.

But since i also favor some of the other names i will abstain from voting. (You should have made a multiple choice poll.)

Have a chance to sit back and think, I agree about the multiple choice and I shall go ahead and change it (if it allows).

So if you have already voted and wish to vote for others as well, feel free to delete and re-do your vote. I don't think it would skew the results as all changing it at this point. Some may still only choose one.

you left off the changing the names of everything to DMC14 from your poll.

Edited by DMC14

Why are idiots still voting for "real" brands, last I read is they never gave Rocket and Co permission to use them. Deal with it and move on folks.

Thats the standalone you're thinking of, its going to be sold to make a profit so permission required whereas the mod is free so the copyright doesn't apply there.

Thats the standalone you're thinking of, its going to be sold to make a profit so permission required whereas the mod is free so the copyright doesn't apply there.

i wouldnt be so sure about that. coke can be very protective.

There is NO PLACE for humour in DayZ!

I disagree.

I'd personally like some silly knock off brand names, I have seen that ArmA II does that in itself, like the white off-road (the car brand is Coyota, rather than Toyota).

Edited by Mitunzz_

I disagree.

I'd personally like some silly knock off brand names, I have seen that ArmA II does that in itself, like the white off-road (the car brand is Coyota, rather than Toyota).

Don't leave out the Landie. Instead of a Defender it's an Offender.

i wouldnt be so sure about that. coke can be very protective.

I suppose, the law never stopped commercial bureaucracy in the past did it lol.

Edited by Kra