Mountainhigh (DayZ)

Diving, Underwater Bases/Caves and Water Vehicle's

Problem here would be the submairnes i would really say small but not the large submarine ones but maybe those small motorized things under water like in that movie act of valor had or the showcase in the arma3 or the begining of MDW3 plus the underwater caves i wouldnt mind put a few sand bags or as rocket said its a whole new world under chernarus and would take a diffrent loading time so you could build a proper base plus adding in whole new areas and stuff would need to be optimized to ensure no fps drop

Edited by TacticalLeaf
  • Like 2

Yes to all

Thank you sir!

Rocket needs to put this in the game. http://www.amazon.co...n_il_tl?ie=UTF8

Hahaha awsome, i wouldnt mind it!

Problem herew would be the submairnes i would really say small submarines or large ones but maybe those small motorized things under water like in that movie act of valor had or the showcase in the arma3 or the begining of MDW3 plus the underwater caves i wouldnt mind put a few sand bags or as rocket said its a whole new world under chernarus and would take a diffrent loading time so you could build a proper base plus adding in whole new areas and stuff would need to be optimized to ensure no fps drop

Cool man, You have some nice thoughts here!

I do have one more question would any weapon and the aomunt of stuff you have on your character effect how fast he would swim or dive? because i do know that the amount of stuff you carry in dayz now will matter because now more weight wil mean your charter can run shorter distances before getting tired

I do have one more question would any weapon and the aomunt of stuff you have on your character effect how fast he would swim or dive? because i do know that the amount of stuff you carry in dayz now will matter because now more weight wil mean your charter can run shorter distances before getting tired

i need to stop you here. if you get the buoyancy right, you never feel the weight of the equipment. this is due to the air in the BCD (buoyancy control device) or potential drysuit lifting the equipment for you.

• Like 1

i need to stop you here. if you get the buoyancy right, you never feel the weight of the equipment. this is due to the air in the BCD (buoyancy control device) or potential drysuit lifting the equipment for you.

Yeahh. Simply put, things are lighter under water.

Yeahh. Simply put, things are lighter under water.

nope, you actually adjust how light the things are using air.

Edit: manually

Edited by radivmoe
  • Like 1

i think it will be introduced in stand alone version of the game based on arma 3.

Yup! :rolleyes:

I swear, if it were, it would be the best game of all time.

It would become my new most favorite of all time game, beating Donkey Kong 64 (I've loved that game to death ever since I bought it when I was 4.)

• Like 1

You understand what whe are thinking about;)

I swear, if it were, it would be the best game of all time.

It would become my new most favorite of all time game, beating Donkey Kong 64 (I've loved that game to death ever since I bought it when I was 4.)

Same here:) i hope, it will be in the game!!

now we are getting a bit more advanced here, but in addition you have to adjust how much air you have in your BCD/drysuit because of the air pressure being variable proportional to the depth. this can cause a very dangerous scenario where air in your BDC/drysuit expands faster than you can empty it, causing you to pop straight up to the surface at dangerous speed.

oh, and seeing as how DayZ is following a strict reality protocol, i expect that if this does get implemented you will get decompression sickness if you do it wrong.

• Like 1

now we are getting a bit more advanced here, but in addition you have to adjust how much air you have in your BCD/drysuit because of the air pressure being variable proportional to the depth. this can cause a very dangerous scenario where air in your BDC/drysuit expands faster than you can empty it, causing you to pop straight up to the surface at dangerous speed.

oh, and seeing as how DayZ is following a strict reality protocol, i expect that if this does get implemented you will get decompression sickness if you do it wrong.

Sounds really cool to me!

"Decomprasion chamber" in the big subs maby? for safe and fast climbing to surface level.

damn that would be cool to see this in the game an I hope, If the map is expand, I hope that on the sea part of the map there would be island some huge with town some small but with some basic loot or just nothing soo people would build on top or under those island with the all the new cave that could make. Plus people look more for boat and water vehicle making the sea a whole new place and challenge for the player.

Right now if you find a boat it amost useless since there is nothing to do with it... (excluding if you at the 2 island available (witch you can react by swiming))

• Like 1

by the way there are al readysome shipwrecks spread around dayz, for sure not possible to dive in it! but still maby somespecial loot:p

I should check it some time when i am around!

I'm pretty sure they are past adding additional locations to the map. At least initially

that may be true, but they don't have to do that, only modify the already present ocean.

• Like 1

i think the same way.

i mean, there is already a massive ocean, so how much would be changed on the surface? not a lot. the underwater terrain though, that would be completely remade.

i mean, there is already a massive ocean, so how much would be changed on the surface? not a lot. the underwater terrain though, that would be completely remade.

But it should still be possible i think!??

can there be turtles?

I posted a Youtube link in the topic, so whe can get an idea of how the dayz diving could work in the standalone.

And radivmoe, check some where around the 4:27 Min, You can see your beloving turtle you want so much:P

• Like 1

Ive been thinking of the underwater cave base idea for a while now but these other dudes are scary me now with how you say its a "2.5" arma engine and not arma 3 WTF

I don't think underwater bases would be a good idea. It's not really possible to have unless you're like the guys from Sealab 2021 or have a place like Atlantis.

I do think Spearfishing would be great and a possibility of having some type of sporting goods store which could possibly have scuba gear for you to wear. Something like from the ARMA 3 Alpha lite :)

• Like 1

Ive been thinking of the underwater cave base idea for a while now but these other dudes are scary me now with how you say its a "2.5" arma engine and not arma 3 WTF

sorry dont understand what you mean?

I don't think underwater bases would be a good idea. It's not really possible to have unless you're like the guys from Sealab 2021 or have a place like Atlantis.

It wast my idea for a underwaterbases, but underwatercaves( small ones) where you can pitch one tent and maby stand next to it nothing more.

So nothing to futuristic with underwaterbases like in the movies, but yust a cave where YOU can make a base, with your tent and stuf!

And the entrance must be underwater, so the cave is like a airbubble and some caves with entrances above water.

• Like 1