Mountainhigh (DayZ)

Diving, Underwater Bases/Caves and Water Vehicle's

Hey there Dayz community,

I have a couple of sugestions for the Dayz standalone.

I try to keep it short!

1.) Diving system (from the ARMA3 engine) dive with 0xygen tank.

2.) Fish to hunt on with a harpoon or other underwater weapons such as the ARMA3 trailer shows.

3.) Underwater base (caves) possibilities, a cave underwater where you have to dive and search hard for the entrance.

Far distance caves in the open ocean hard to find and some close to the beach in the coral reefs.

Good for some secret tent bases.

4.) Ship and plane wrecks with loot on it, close and far from shore,

So you can scavenge while you travel/look for a secret base!

4.) Under/above water transport. Small and big submarine's, Boats, (boat)airplane's.

Maby a chinook or V-22 Osprey, handy for fast pick ups and drop offs with there cargo hatch?

And the MH60S Knighthawk official in the game?

5.) And ad least, three suggestion off topic.

A big army/civilian weekend bag (extra invetory), you can carry in your hand inplace of a weapon.

You can have one of your friends carry/transport some extra loot, while you cover him?

6.) Fuel barrels, so you can stockpile some extra fuel.

Off corse it takes lots of invetory and a vehicle to transport it.

7.) Crate's for your invetory, possible to load on a

, airplane's or under a heli.

Transport some extra loot to your base!

Example picture's:

Link 1: Scuba gear.

Link 2: Harpoon fishing.

Link 3: Underwater cave.

Link 4: Cave/tunel entrance above water.

Link 5: Cave/tunel entrance under water.

Link 6: Ship wreck above water.

Link 7: ship wreck under water.

Link 8: Plane wreck under water.

Link 9: Small Sub.

Link10: Big sub.

Link11: Small (boat)airplane.

Link12: Big (boat)airplane.

I have noticed that Some of these idea's already have been posted, but not all together in one topic that's all about the under/water possibilities(ARMA3 Engine).

Personally i think this are all some nice idea's.

But i noticed on the internet, that a lot of people don't get the possibilities of a underwater world in Dayz.

Let me know what you think about this ;) ?

little bit about my self:

I kow the game for a while now.

But this will be my first Dayz forum topic/post, why?

Because i am Dutch, have a bad english gramatica(so if you notice some mistake's please pm me and i can correct it.)

And i always played alone on Dayz.

greets,

Mountainhigh.

P.S. her is a

where somebody's show us how the looting underwater works in ARMA 3. pritty intresting if you ask me!

It gives us an idea how all of this could work.

Edited by Mountainhigh
  • Like 7

A lot of these ideas are great. I can't wait to see how standalone will treat it's flexibility, there are so many things that can be implemented.

Edited by Mitunzz_
  • Like 1

I'd like to see this too, but I'm from what I've read, Day Z SA will not be using ARMA 3 engine. Instead they're chopped up the Arma 2 engine and modified the crap out of it to form somekind of 2.5 version. So don't hold your breath (oh the pun) on this one just yet.

• Like 1

I'd like to see this too, but I'm from what I've read, Day Z SA will not be using ARMA 3 engine. Instead they're chopped up the Arma 2 engine and modified the crap out of it to form somekind of 2.5 version. So don't hold your breath (oh the pun) on this one just yet.

It's the Take on Helicopters engine that hey ended up modifying.

But yes, this would be awesome. I'm still very disappointed about how Minecraft still doesn't have any underwater content even with the huge sea biomes. What's the point of having those if you're not going to do anything with them?

Edited by TheSodesa
  • Like 1

No submarines or underwater vehicles, but I like everything else :beans:

• Like 2

Im aware of that,

But what i have read is that the ARMA 2 engine is going to be rewrited tottaly.

And they are gonna use some aspects from the ARMA 3 engine.(not only the helicopter mechanism)

So i thought why not used the scripts they already have writen for the diving diving system.

The scenery shouldn't be to hard to make.

Yust have to make a couple of square scenery's, then copy and paste them together all over the underwater area's.

And finish it of with some polishing, overflow the ground hight lvl's and put in some of my suggestions spread over the underwater bottom.

If i think to easy, correct me and putt me back on my place.:P

It's the Take on Helicopters engine that hey ended up modifying.

But yes, this would be awesome. I'm still very disappointed about how Minecraft still doesn't have any underwater content even with the huge sea biomes. What's the point of having those if you're not going to do anything with them?

Thats what i like about Dayz and the upcoming SA.

Its mostley made by the community.

Al the games these days only develop on grhapics and that kind of ***.

To be onnest, in don't care about the graphic's, sure i like it when it looks good.

But what i like to see in games are more possibilities!!.

Yust like in Dayz it gots a big map, lots of possibilties, nice graphichs(more than happy with it) and much more.

This is one of the resons why i hope the Diving system wil be used in Dayz. Water system's never geting used properly by any game!

Good example for me, im a big!!!!!! Grand Theft Auto(sandbox games) fan and loved there games so far!

But i really felt screwed when they realesed GTA 4, after san andreas,,,,,really??? they release that shit????(it was fun, but stil).

The PS2 was less capable in everything then the PS3 and stil they released a GTA 4, with much less possibilties as San Andreas.

Now Rock* got the message's and skips Vice City and realeses GTA V.(stil afraid it wil be boring after you compleet the game) whe shal see!

And by the way, Nice to see that every body so far gives positief message's and up building criticism.

Edited by Mountainhigh

Mmm in that case, I'd say start by keeping it simple. Create a swimming mechanism that's not clunky and take it from there after release: more content.

• Like 3

...and then slowly rebuild rapture ;)

+1 with shadowleaper

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

...and then slowely rebuild rapture ;)

+1 with shadowleaper

Can you please explain me what rapture means? in the sentence you use it?

Can you please explain me what rapture means? in the sentence you use it?

The giant underwater city in Bioshock, "Rapture City".
  • Like 1

Aaahaa didn't know that, played it once for 5 mins.

Thanks for the explain.

WHAT? you didn't play Bioshock!? do it!

• Like 2

This /\, you should play it! Then play the sequel!
  • Like 1

This /\, you should play it! Then play the sequel!

Hahaha ok :blush: i have it for free on my PS3+ Account should try it then :D !!

Back on topic.

I forgot to mention some thing.

How cool would it be to lie down in a lake ore the new swamps and wait there to ambush some bandit/bambi's

• Like 1

Back on topic.

I forgot to mention some thing.

How cool would it be to lie down in a lake ore the new swamps and wait there to ambush some bandit/bambi's

that could be soo bad to do a some kind of spec-ops assault and trap people

bean for you

as a certified SCUBA diver i feel the need to say that diving with pure oxygen will result in disaster.

on a more serious note, do you have any idea of the weight of SCUBA gear? i have a single 10l 300 bar DIN bottle and only that weighs about 22 kg. you may think "that's probably the extent of the weight" but in conditions portrayed in DayZ makes it very likely that you would need a drysuit to dive comfortably. that makes the lead weights to probably need to be let's say 6 - 10 kg more. add in the anti-material rifles that some will inevitably carry and you are set for not being able to walk more that 20 metres. (add in the bottle being a potential missile and you can see why this would not work.)

EDIT: forgot the ) at the end :P

Edited by radivmoe

also you would need to power compressors with electrics.

would be awesome if possible, but i don't think it is.

as a certified SCUBA diver i feel the need to say that diving with pure oxygen will result in disaster.

on a more serious note, do you have any idea of the weight of SCUBA gear? i have a single 10l 300 bar DIN bottle and only that weighs about 22 kg. you may think "that's probably the extent of the weight" but in conditions portrayed in DayZ makes it very likely that you would need a drysuit to dive comfortably. that makes the lead weights to probably need to be let's say 6 - 10 kg more. add in the anti-material rifles that some will inevitably carry and you are set for not being able to walk more that 20 metres. (add in the bottle being a potential missile and you can see why this would not work.)

EDIT: forgot the ) at the end :P

also you would need to power compressors with electrics.

would be awesome if possible, but i don't think it is.

I understand what you mean!

I have 2 small diving experiences, not much but inuf to know what you talk about.

But in the topic i tried to keep it short and let the imagination to you guy's.

i thought, if you put some of my suggestions together(Submarine, Boat Airplane, Heli, Boats invetory crate,s and weekend bag's)

Then it would be "realistic" posibile, right?

once again i tried to stay short, but your right about the oxygen and drysuits. (I know it's cold in Chernarus)

But i never said it shoult be a diving system with possibilities only for wetsuits.

If you think im wrong, please give me some feedback. ;)

I understand what you mean!

I have 2 small diving experiences, not much but inuf to know what you talk about.

But in the topic i tried to keep it short and let the imagination to you guy's.

i thought, if you put some of my suggestions together(Submarine, Boat Airplane, Heli, Boats invetory crate,s and weekend bag's)

Then it would be "realistic" posibile, right?

once again i tried to stay short, but your right about the oxygen and drysuits. (I know it's cold in Chernarus)

But i never said it shoult be a diving system with possibilities only for wetsuits.

If you think im wrong, please give me some feedback. ;)

i see why you want this, hell i want this! but the weight of the equipment is extreme, and that is my major concern about this.

• Like 1

i have a possible solution for the compressor problem: there is a chance to find air bottles. these bottles have a randomized capacity and there is a random amount of air in the bottles. you can also get rebreather systems (extremely rare) which uses smaller pure oxygen tanks and the air you breathe in and out. this makes it more realistic to dive for a long time, while still using a reasonable amount of tanks.

btw, rebreather systems exist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebreather

Just wait for someone to make DayZ on ArmA III. :P

Edited by DayzForumer

At some point we are going to have to assess the main issue of DayZ, is that we have technologically advanced goods popping up from nowhere all the time: gas, bullets, rifles, cars, packaged food, etc etc...

While i suppose we can portray a neverending "early outbreak", we should consider that all this ready to use equipment should be extremely rare and/or gone by now, because leeching over the remains of society is fine, but this isn't long term survival, a bag MRE should be seen as a rare delicacy, much better than eating grubs gathered from under a rock.

Scuba bottles are the typical example of a modern "luxury" equipment, pumps to cram 250-300 bars of air into a diving cylinder are loud and/or require lots of energy.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have them, but that it should come at a serious cost. After the outbreak, energy production is a problem, especially to power equipments coming from an era such as ours, where energy cost very little and is used very inefficiently.

Rebreathers :/ It's another example of a high tech system that is only possible in a society that can extract and bottle pure gasses, since rebreathers use pure oxygen and co2 scrubbers to refresh the exhaled air.

Now i'm not against the ideas, but i think we should figure out more involved ideas of maintaining advanced techs "by hand" rather than adding constantly more and more 'lucky finds' .

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 2