Sign in to follow this  
lindey

Something that you will never forget.

You know, there's a moment in game when you realise something. Something important. About yourself, about people, about entire real world. Something that you learnt right in the game, few seconds ago. Since Dayz has a huge difference compared with any multiplayer FPS's you perceive everything happened in this game much deeper...

A story happened when I had M14 AIM (I don't like killing people, but couldn't resist not to take M14.), M1911, vest pouch full of food.

I was carefully walking in Elektro looking for some loot. Avoided zombies here, there, then to the firestation, church, and was going to the supermarket. Okay, primary weapon is ready to shoot, church is already far away and I'm starting to enter the supermarket's main entrance.

There's some trash inside, some food also and so on. Proceeding to the supermarket's back door... And while I was going through narrow place between counters and wall, survivor appears right in front of me. He probably entered the supermarket from the back door. So, there's a survivor in a meter in front of me, aiming with Winchester. He has Czech vest pouch on his back, and he's not a bandit also.

We're sitting on the knees, face to face, aiming each other with high-damaging guns... Even aiming wasn't needed, every bullet is lethal in this distance. Don't think that was more than 10 seconds, I thought it was 2-3 minutes long.

There was something to think. May be I'm just perceiving this game close to my heart, but it was more than just meeting an enemy in BF3. It was rendezvous with fate.

Do I need any loot in supermarket? No, I don't. Do I need any loot in Elektro? No, I've already looted the whole town except 1-2 buildings. Do I want him to live? Yes, I want. He didn't do anything to me. But do I want me to die?.. No, of course.

I made one step back still aiming his head. He was still sitting in front of me. So what's now? We're blocking each other's ways, but we both want to avoid the worst result of the situation...

I'm getting crazy, he doesn't move, I don't want to shake my aim too. My thoughts are starting to be amoral, I'm already so exhausted in these 10 seconds so I want just to run away from the supermarket only to avoid him. Zeds are stalking in 15 metres to me, I already hear them...

The Trust. You are making a duel with person. No witnesses. Two pistols. Ten steps. One turn. One shot. What will you do? Turn after three steps? Eight? Or you are so honest so you will go till the end, making you a target for a coward?

The Choice. There are people around the whole Chernarus killing each other, stealing everything people were stalking for, betraying and shooting in the back, stabbing you only for food. The only I think is how to behave like... a coward? Shoot him right now? Or a survivor? Step back, let him go... But he can shoot while I am sneaking 3-4 steps back. Or run away? I would be like a target in shooting range, there's a meter between us. One meter.

And then happened something I will never be proud of. I shot him. With stoneface, zero emotions, I shot him five times... And read something in the left down corner of screen half a second after. He said "Hey" in the direct communication. Damn, he just said Hey, and I shot him five times while he was writing the message. Ten seconds are over. Long ten seconds.

I did not loot him. I just ran to the back door from crowd of zombies... I don't even remember his nickname, but I still remember this disappointing moment.

So, Dayzvivors, storytime. Do you have some stories that taught you something?

Edited by lindey

Congratz Dayz has eaten your soul and you've become like everyone else!

o3o

It hasn't got me yet....

Edited by GOD™

Don't feel so bad.

I was playing on taviana , was kinda fresh spawn get some basic gears, i had some troubles with zombies so I was low on blood.

Had nothing to lose ,I ask on side chat "Can someone give me blood ? I only have basic gear unarmed", someone answered and tell me to come to airfield.

Again I had nothing to lose so i drove to fire station in the airfield with a car i just found (200 cars server), that guy gave me blood and food and we decided to stay together.

After, like 15 mins we enter a city he start shooting with his rifle in the air , zeds start coming , then he shot my leg to break it and watch me die by zeds.

I laughed when that happend, becasuse I don't care it's just a game.

so again, don't feel so bad.

Edited by ShokeR

.... And another bandit is born.

Nice avatar

Edited by Brave.arse