Xyphien

Master Computer just to use

As much as I love the game, and the concept it is just impossible to play on if you do not have a top notch few thousand dollar computer with all the latest stuff on it. My computer I I just purchased is $1,000 and cannot even run it. Like I said, it is amazing but the fact that you have to have the best computer out there is ridiculous.

Im running ArmAII - CO just find with my shitty laptop.

Heres my Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Memory: 30499MB RAM

DXVers: DirectX 11

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I can barely run most of the games i play, i get 25-30 FPS max on any game, with all settings at lowest.

ArmAII is a recourse hog, it uses up 80% of my CPU wile playing it. All settings are on Very Low, and my View Distance is set to 50,000. I get about 10-20 FPS regularly. 10-15 in cities or dense forest.

If your Comp is any better than mine, you should be running ArmA without any issues. If you do, theres something wrong with the game or your comp.

Hope this helps.

post your specs , run the benchmark mission present in vanilla ARMA II. And maybe we could be able to see if there is a problem. because my 1000€ and almost a year old PC, runs ARMA perfectly smoothly with most settings set to high.

Depend on the server! i have a phenom x4 965 BE and a sapphire HD6870, sometimes i have 20-15fps sometime 60-50fps all on normal no filters 1920x1080 3d 1920x1080

Wow you must have been ripped off. I got an approx. 1000 dollar machine and it runs the game just fine at 1920x1080 with most settings on high/max and the machine is already 2 years old.

Heres my Specs:

I can barely run most of the games i play' date=' i get 25-30 FPS max on any game, with all settings at lowest.

ArmAII is a recourse hog, it uses up 80% of my CPU wile playing it. All settings are on Very Low, and my View Distance is set to 50,000. I get about 10-20 FPS regularly. 10-15 in cities or dense forest.

If your Comp is any better than mine, you should be running ArmA without any issues. If you do, theres something wrong with the game or your comp.

Hope this helps.

[/quote']

Processor: Intel Core i5

Memory: IDK how to check

DXVers: DirectX 11 (I guess)

Video Card: IDK How to check

You can't run DayZ with a new $1000 computer?

Search this forum/Google for some configuration tweaks.

How do you not know what you paid for? And my PC runs just fine as long as AA is disabled.

Sounds like you got ripped off.

I spent 900$ after taxes and my machine chews through everything I toss at it.

phenom II x6 4.1ghz

4 gigs ram

two 6850s in crosfire

Heres my Specs:

I can barely run most of the games i play' date=' i get 25-30 FPS max on any game, with all settings at lowest.

Hope this helps.

[/quote']

Processor: Intel Core i5

Memory: IDK how to check

DXVers: DirectX 11 (I guess)

Video Card: IDK How to check

open the start menu, type run and press enter, then type dxdiag, post the details about your graphics and ram here, but with an i5 you already got ripped of if you payed 1000$

and dont asume you have DX11 its still pretty new if you have an older GPU you most likely have 10, but dont worry about that at all caus arma(or allot of games) stil only use DX9

and the best computer isnt even near 1000$ :P just having 2 mars 3 cards will run you at 3000$, and then you only have 2 graphics cards :P, also dayz can run with horible FPS, this is a mod issue, not your computers or the game itself

Did you buy your PC in Nigera or something? 1k$ is a lot of money,one could easily build a dreammachine that is good for all new games to come with that amount of wingwangs.

Im playing on an old Phenom dualcore with 4gb DDR2-RAM and a 6870 and the game runs flawless

moral of the thread - dont buy crappy computers of the shelf in your supermarket.

The main thing that is going to determine how well a graphics intensive game runs on your PC is your graphics cards. My computer is comparable to the typical midrange PC bought today, couldn't run the game for shit even on lowest graphics settings and reduced resolution with non-essential processes turned off there was a noticeable delay. Went and bought a new graphics card, HOLY SHIT. Full res, all graphics settings maxed out, no problem.

Computers have changed a lot from the old days, most computation intensive graphics work is done on the GPU (back in the days it was usually a RAM issue). If you buy a $1000 computer with a shitty graphics card it's still not going to get good performance.

thats a laptop..

a dell one too..

people in the shop must of seen you coming...

get a refund .. build a desktop if you want any chance to run any game..

thats a laptop..

a dell one too..

people in the shop must of seen you coming...

get a refund .. build a desktop if you want any chance to run any game..

I can't I purchased it long enough to not be able to get a refund and never had a warranty on it. So I take it, it cannot run it no matter what I do?

i7 920 D0 CPU @3.6GHz.

Gainward GTX 580 "GOOD" edition GFX card.

6GB DDR3 1600MHz memory

I also have a 120GB Corsair SATA III SSD but that makes no difference in playing games.

Im running the game at 1920x1200 with AA at x5 and post processing disabled ... I average at around 50FPS with the latest nvidia drivers installed, Latest days mod & latest ARMA II beta patch.

Some servers i go in though for some reason i get like 15 FPS ... Luckily thats only the odd one, Most are fine.

I suppose it would annoy the hell out of you that I'm getting 70 FPS at 2560 x 1440 with everything maxed? (other than post process, which makes my eyes bleed) Game looks amazing too.

Downside is that when recording it drops to a horrendous 40 FPS and I have to call my butler in to rage smash another Fabergé egg for me.

#1 Issue is probably going to be the crappy intel integrated graphics chipset on that thing. You need dedicated video memory*(edited) to play heavy memory intensive games worth a damn on any machine. Sometimes, the price of a laptop, doesn't ensure its quality, or ability to do what you want it to do!

You can still make your PC descent for playing games but you'd have to do some tweaking.

Buy a new graphics card and install it if you can.

Overclock your CPU or get someone you know to do it. But be VERY VERY VERY careful so you don't just destroy your computer.

EDIT: Don't overclock until AFTER you get a new graphics card. Chances are it will run fine with a decent graphics card.

If you get a new GPU, make sure you get a new PSU too if the GPU needs more wattage than the last. Which it probably will...

You can still make your PC descent for playing games but you'd have to do some tweaking.

Buy a new graphics card and install it if you can.

Overclock your CPU or get someone you know to do it. But be VERY VERY VERY careful so you don't just destroy your computer.

EDIT: Don't overclock until AFTER you get a new graphics card. Chances are it will run fine with a decent graphics card.

If you get a new GPU' date=' make sure you get a new PSU too if the GPU needs more wattage than the last. Which it probably will...

[/quote']

The thing is his computer is a laptop which you can't really upgrade the graphics card.

As much as I love the game' date=' and the concept it is just impossible to play on if you do not have a top notch few thousand dollar computer with all the latest stuff on it. My computer I I just purchased is $1,000 and cannot even run it. Like I said, it is amazing but the fact that you have to have the best computer out there is ridiculous.

[/quote']

if you spent 1000$ on a pc you built in the last 4 years you fucked up your build cuz there aint no reason a 1k rig cant play this game my 700$ laptop that is 3 years old runs this game at 60 FPS LOL

if you bought a prefab that still no excuse i went into future shop said show me the most expensive computer and bought ntheyre FX series 2200$ and it works just peachy

( before anyone says why didnt you make your own well i was to lazy and had 5 grand sitting around so wouldnt you do the same :P )