Sign in to follow this  
BuLLDOG771

Dynamic Weather

Dayz is a great game but I feel as if the weather needs something more to it besides rain ,swimming, Namalsk ,and Snow etc.There should be a temperature meter so you can read the weather your able to change from Fahrenheit-Celcioues and a number displaying the temperature. Back to the weather system weather should affect lots of things then just making you cold and shake.

For instance if its very windy and cold then it can drain your stamina there can be hurricanes and droughts depending on the map. Cars and buildings can warm you up maybe adding AC to warm you and everybody in the car up. If it's cold you can see your breath (already in namalsk). If it's raining traction on tires and landing/flying anything becomes more difficult. Laying on the ground when the ground is wet can make you cold if you lay on it for a long period of time. I don't know how the engine for dayz could do this but cars have windshield wipers. If cold breathing becomes heavier and faster. Warm clothes self explained (in Namlask) Ski masks looks cool and keeps you warm. The next idea would add alot to the game but it would be a neat aspect. If you have a hunting knife you should be able to skin animals for there hides to keep you warm. But if thats the case then bears and wolfs should be added. Last but no least hypothermia after very long periods of time in the cold your player can experience symptoms of hypothermia and it can kill you if untreated. Also vise verse for heated maps.

(keep in mind lots the things I named my be a little hardcore but some of these things of weather happen daily or very rarely)

post-121856-0-74119800-1361906250_thumb.

We'll see what rocket brings up in the temperature department. I assume we need to gear up in warm clothes for night time sitting activities at least

I definitely want this aspect of the survival game to be fleshed out. I don't want to die just from zombies and players, I want to die of exposure. Hypothermia? Yes. Heat exhaustion/stroke? Yes. I'd want to go a bit farther, and loot fuzzy hats or make them from dead rabbits in order to stave off the cold. I want to leave my ghillie suit and Czech pack at home on a hot day and take the patrol pack because it's lighter and breezier. I want cars to be tough to start, and big diesels to be kept running lest they become unusable.

I'd also like to see more options for buildable shelters. Get a tarp and a stick and make a little lean-to next to your fire. Wear a raincoat or thermal underwear or a hat to keep the sun off your face.

And why does the weather have to be the same map-wide? Why can't it be raining at NWAF and sunny in Berezino? I want to see clouds forming on the horizon and start thinking about getting my rain hat out of the car. Wind direction should be variable, all these Westerlies get boring.

• Like 1

I definitely want this aspect of the survival game to be fleshed out. I don't want to die just from zombies and players, I want to die of exposure. Hypothermia? Yes. Heat exhaustion/stroke? Yes. I'd want to go a bit farther, and loot fuzzy hats or make them from dead rabbits in order to stave off the cold. I want to leave my ghillie suit and Czech pack at home on a hot day and take the patrol pack because it's lighter and breezier. I want cars to be tough to start, and big diesels to be kept running lest they become unusable.

I'd also like to see more options for buildable shelters. Get a tarp and a stick and make a little lean-to next to your fire. Wear a raincoat or thermal underwear or a hat to keep the sun off your face.

And why does the weather have to be the same map-wide? Why can't it be raining at NWAF and sunny in Berezino? I want to see clouds forming on the horizon and start thinking about getting my rain hat out of the car. Wind direction should be variable, all these Westerlies get boring.

Yeah, that sounds good and maybe frozen glass that gets foggy.

Wait, so you want a thermometer so you know the temperature at any time? The current temperature icon is enough, we don't need to know any more.

• Like 1

Wait, so you want a thermometer so you know the temperature at any time? The current temperature icon is enough, we don't need to know any more.

It was an idea although I think it would be cool if they added the temperature meter so you know if its good conditions to fly or go hunting etc. I never said the Icon was bad and maybe you could add to the realism by removing the meter although that might be a little much. Like I said it was an idea alot of the things might already be in the game. so just correct me if its in the game already. Also personly I like the idea maybe it can tell the wind or tell meters ran or check if food contaminated.

The current thermometer is just how you feel. A real piece of loot thermometer could tell you the actual temperature.

The dev team is going no HUD, so I doubt the temp icon will survive the purging!

The current thermometer is just how you feel. A real piece of loot thermometer could tell you the actual temperature.

The dev team is going no HUD, so I doubt the temp icon will survive the purging!

Wait, are you agreeing with me or? just stating that?