Sign in to follow this  
badclown

Hack/Cheat Situation ?

This isn't true, I play purely on public hive servers and I haven't encountered that many hackers. The public hives aren't controlled by hackers at all and you apparently haven't played on any for a while.

The reason i say that is not because the amount of hackers that play on public hives but because of what they have the ability to do on public hives. I might not have played on many public hives recently but on the servers i have played on, there's been thousands of battleships, hotels, and planes. There's usually a few jets, apache's, and tanks somewhere in that cluster f**k aswell. Anyway all of that is of course possible to do on a private hive but its a lot easier to do on a public hive since all of that has been released to the public and is in 5 out of 10 hacker's menus.

In my experience, there aren't many hackers, there are just persistent hackers.

I experienced servers, where 10 people got banned for the same violation, before a hacker finally took over. I really don't think that were 11 different people, where one got lucky, I think it was 1 hacker, testing the server, until he had everything set up to achieve his goal. I had a public server for 1 month myself, i had 2 Incidents of hackers in that time that I know of. Both didn't return after server-reboot.

I think, compared to the number of players, there is not a large amount of hackers. But the ones there are, are a huge problem. It only needs 1 hacker to destroy a whole server.

Whenever a battle-eye update comes out, you will find a notice that it has been hacked on the hack-forums, before you will find a notice about the new patch on battleeye.com; On youtube, about once an hour a video advertising free hack tools for dayz is released. And so far I learned more about how battle-eye and authentication in arma works accidentally while searching for BE-update, than I could ever find searching for it... If I got it right, hackers will always trick BE by inducing a change into the running process, effectively silencing battle-eye from calling for help, so if there is any chance of controlling the situation, it has to be over server-control, as any program that monitors what the client does locally, can be manipulated by people with enough knowhow to do so.

I hardly encounter any hackers.

Maybe one every month if I am unlucky.

One every three months on a good day three months.