Sign in to follow this  
badclown

Hack/Cheat Situation ?

hi guys!

Im an old player who stopped playing a few months ago because of the increasing number of hackers ruining everyones fun in this mod. I just wanted to ask:

Is the Hacker/cheater situation better or worse nowadays ?

Is it worth it to play again ?

greets

Edited by badclown

Worse, unless you get on whitelisted servers.

I moved out as well, goodbye DayZ welcome Wasteland :)

From my experience, I have only encountered one Skiddie so far and I managed to swarm him with Zombies and get him killed ... yeah he wasn't very good. :) I have found that it is dependant on the servers you play on.

I run a Public Official Hive and a Private Whitelisted Hive and I do my best to keep on top of the Skiddies. Last night I banned 3 from my server before they could cause any issues and the players online were quite appreciative. So I am not sure the problem is much better, but I think admins are trying their best and the tools are getting better.

I hope you come back and play ... and find a server that you enjoy playing on. :)

• Like 2

Its significantly improved for private hives which is great but public hives are basically controlled by hackers now. So the answer to your question is yes, its gotten better and imo its worth giving the game another shot.

thanks for the quick answer, maybe I should just wait for the standalone.. hopefully there wont be any hacks :0(

Worse, unless you get on whitelisted servers.

I moved out as well, goodbye DayZ welcome Wasteland :)

In comparison to mid to late last year? It's 10x better now, but still bad on public servers.

I agree with a couple of people it's nowhere as bad as it was... Probably got bored or a handful realised how sad there lives are.

From my experience it was worse the last time I played (January) than it was previously (August-September). Back then I died twice over the course of two months to a hacker, the last time I played I died more than 4 times in less than a week by a random person who joined in, killed all and changed server

hi guys!

Im an old player who stopped playing a few months ago because of the increasing number of hackers ruining everyones fun in this mod. I just wanted to ask:

greets

there has never been a hacking situation...just a few players that got unlucky and voiced their opinion on the forum about making it look like thehacking was a big problem...which it never was

there has never been a hacking situation...just a few players that got unlucky and voiced their opinion on the forum about making it look like thehacking was a big problem...which it never was

Lol.

• Like 1

Apparently, some DayZ scripts got released publicly for free. That of course caused a jump in the amount of skiddies. I can barely go a few hours without running into at least one.

Tell me yourself:

2013022500009.jpg

Anyone can make a house explode, although it will take a while unless you have a rocket launcher or a satchel charge or something with HE rounds or a heli to crash into it or some grenades or something like that.

Lol.

rotflol

u ppl need to find urself a decent server...that is all it takes. Ive encountered two instances of hacking the past 4 months

Edited by svisketyggeren

public hives are basically controlled by hackers now.

This isn't true, I play purely on public hive servers and I haven't encountered that many hackers. The public hives aren't controlled by hackers at all and you apparently haven't played on any for a while.

• Like 1

what we have going on is players drawing general conclusions about hacking on all the servers based on their own limited experience with hackers on the few servers they play on....

the fact is that that many of us dont experience a surge of hackers on every server we play on, which indicate that the situation is not as bad as some want it to be....and saying hackers controll the private hives is just a exaggerating

Wanna test how bad hacking is?

Get dayzcommander. Sort servers by amount of users. Look at the servers at the top. With over 30 people.

Now wait five minutes, and refresh the server list. If you see a server that previously had 30 people on it suddenly have only a handful, guess what? It got hacked! :D

I would only comment that I have been killed by hackers more on public servers, than on private ones. I have been playing DayZ for around three months now, and the first full month or so, I never encountered a cheater; a cheater that was obvious at least. Then my luck changed after the 1.7.5.1 patch when a friend and I were forced to seek a new "home" server. We died to hackers three or four times in a few week period. At the moment I rent a private server and have thus far had a hack free existence once again. A final comment would be that on the public servers where hackers did mess with me, the admins were quick to return my gear and ban the offenders. Overall, DayZ is far more worth playing than not - from the standpoint of fear of hackers.

Edited by Saethkept

what we have going on is players drawing general conclusions about hacking on all the servers based on their own limited experience with hackers on the few servers they play on....

the fact is that that many of us dont experience a surge of hackers on every server we play on, which indicate that the situation is not as bad as some want it to be....and saying hackers controll the private hives is just a exaggerating

...and there you are posting from your personal experience only. That's the best anyone can do so you shouldn't claim that someone else's experience is less worthy than your own. For the week I played last january the game was unplayable as in the ~20-25 hours of play I got killed 4 times by a hacker who just popped in and out of the server. I met four other hackers, one of them running around with an axe and playing horror movie music, one playing as a bunny and the last two were just using godmode

Edited by Uuni

When everyone was moaning about hackers a while ago I never saw any, had a couple of incidents when I came back to the mod a week or two ago, so I play on the AWA whitelisted servers now and get no problems*

* Other servers are available.

Edited by jk_scowling

...and there you are posting from your personal experience only. That's the best anyone can do so you shouldn't claim that someone else's experience is less worthy than your own. For the week I played last january the game was unplayable as in the ~20-25 hours of play I got killed 4 times by a hacker who just popped in and out of the server. I met four other hackers, one of them running around with an axe and playing horror movie music, one playing as a bunny and the last two were just using godmode

I am clearly saying "many of us dont experience a surge of hackers on the servers we play on"...this is me and all the other players on the forum that dont share the notion about hackers taken controll over the hives...and its not me drawing any conclusion on the basis on my own personal experience with hackers...

Im also not claiming that someones experience is less worthy...how u manage to get this information from my post I dont know.

Read my post again, and properly...or ill dickslap u in the face

Edited by svisketyggeren

I am clearly saying "many of us dont experience a surge of hackers on the servers we play on"...this is me and all the other players on the forum that dont share the notion about hackers taken controll over the hives...and its not me drawing any conclusion on the basis on my own personal experience with hackers...

Im also not claiming that someones experience is less worthy...how u manage to get this information from my post I dont know.

Read my post again, and properly...or ill dickslap u in the face

You sir are a skidmark.

The guy asked people's opinions on the hacking situation people are giving them, there will be conflicting opinions. Some players have had a different experience to you. Last time I played in January it was rife on quite a few servers.

You sir are a skidmark.

The guy asked people's opinions on the hacking situation people are giving them, there will be conflicting opinions. Some players have had a different experience to you. Last time I played in January it was rife on quite a few servers.

and u sir are a birthmark

damn...its hard to get the message across here...im gonna state this as simple as possible...

some say there are lots of hackers, some say there are not...im saying the truth is likely somewhere between "lots of hackers" and "less hackers"...is it clear enough for u now?

Edited by svisketyggeren

Anyone can make a house explode, although it will take a while unless you have a rocket launcher or a satchel charge or something with HE rounds or a heli to crash into it or some grenades or something like that.

He blew up half of the airfield, and don't forget about all the vehicles he teleported.

If you want to play without scripters , all you need is a good server, I play on UK 172 for 2 weeks haven't seen one hacker even when there are 40 people on the server, and one day someone tried to nuke the server, but failed becasue it have good anti hack protection.

Edited by ShokeR

saying hacking is not a real problem is ridiculous

i for myself was involved a few weeks back in the admin team of a private-hive server and dear god you would not believe how many hackers come online each day

i think we banned 30 people in three days at the worst times, after that the obvious hackers vanished, which made it a bit harder

unfortunately we never knew how to track the scripts being executed to the server, so all we could do is banning people with illegal items, and people who were hacking very obviously with scripts (killing people while being invisible for example, or spawning a medical box with all DayZ weapons in it)

there were days in which we sat all the time at the server database to ban people who just changed their guids and came online with the same name after being guid banned, until they ran out of guids seemingly

when i didn't have the time for this anymore because i had to go to work after my week off, and the server was one day uncontrolled, there were hundreds of bases spawned into the ocean, all cars were teleported into water, all boats were teleported to the land, and every few minutes a instakill wave rolled the server

if you found a safe haven every hacker wont play on, be glad and keep to yourself which server it is, or you just can't tell wether hacks are going on or not

the only way to not encounter a hacker every few hours nowadays is to go on a whitelisted and watched server with active admins

and u sir are a birthmark

damn...its hard to get the message across here...im gonna state this as simple as possible...

some say there are lots of hackers, some say there are not...im saying the truth is likely somewhere between "lots of hackers" and "less hackers"...is it clear enough for u now?

until now, it seems you are the only one stating there are no hackers on public servers... weird

Edited by Zombo