r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

Right just to clear up none of the Mods had anything to do with the cans being implemented, ultimately not R4Z0R nor Derpy are to blame for their implementation. Everything has to be passed through myself and Rocket.

• Like 4

You seem like a nice bunch of mods-dews, why not make people vote about thinghs you plan to implement in game.

My idea: when a person logs in theese forums he gets a warning screen -dear play, to continue on theese forums cast your vote about blah blah blah anything

--->click for or against button, than you are free to continue.

Thats simply to be sure al who read forums vote on the matter.

Than you might get a real picture how many like your changes and how many dont.

Think about it ;)

You seem like a nice bunch of mods-dews, why not make people vote about thinghs you plan to implement in game.

My idea: when a person logs in theese forums he gets a warning screen -dear play, to continue on theese forums cast your vote about blah blah blah anything

Think about it ;)

You can't really create a game through socratic method, you would never get anything done :)

r/DayZ - Take a look for yourself, there's a lot of brony hate in the top few threads.

What do you mean 'what's the difference?'? I don't understand why you think people have to like Reddit?

You missed my point entirely. Look back a few pages and it isn't a matter of not liking Reddit, people are doing the exact same things that you say they're doing to bronies on /r/dayz to Reddit. Even if they were discriminating against a certain group of people, does that make it okay to accuse /r/dayz of contributing nothing? (We came up with the idea of the prison on Utes as well as a lot of early cans when Rocket first asked for them) the community as a whole was basically declared to be "shitty." Discriminating against a group is one thing which shouldn't be happening in the first place, but discriminating against part of your own community based off of another website based on one day's activities?

Like I've said, I came here from /r/dayz a while back and have stayed on both, and during any normal day the communities are exactly alike, but this one issue comes up and the two are at eachothers' throats. Orlak was getting on us earlier about personal attacks, is that not a personal attack? We have members of /r/dayz over here trying to make peace and are blatantly ignored and attacked for being on Reddit. Really?

Edited by Col Brown

Think about it ;)

Voting should only be a voluntary action. Voting is a democratic right and would be completely ass-backwards if it were forced upon people against their will.

I knew this would happen. It's a serious case of nerd rage.

This mod will never run smoothly, deal with it. The only thing left to do is to add a bit of misguided glitter. We just have to relax and wait for the SA.

I knew this would happen. It's a serious case of nerd rage.

This mod will never run smoothly, deal with it. The only thing left to do is to add a bit of misguided glitter. We just have to relax and wait for the SA.

haha this coming from a guy named "Intensity" :P

Edited by A Lumberjack

r/DayZ - Take a look for yourself, there's a lot of brony hate in the top few threads.

What do you mean 'what's the difference?'? I don't understand why you think people have to like Reddit?

The funniest, and also saddest part, is that you're using a grumpy cat avatar... which of course is from.. reddit. Foot, meet mouth.

Hell, even when there were a few of us only trying to voice our opinions it took, again, 4 pages before anyone stepped up and put a stop to it so we could actually get a word out without having it skipped over and having some generic "answer" thrown at us.

Hell, even when there were a few of us only trying to voice our opinions it took, again, 4 pages before anyone stepped up and put a stop to it so we could actually get a word out without having it skipped over and having some generic "answer" thrown at us.

And you used that to Strip well deserved Recognition from the people who supported this Mod from Day 1.

Congratulations you are Truly an Asset to the DayZ community.

Edited by sirinon

And you used that to Strip well deserved Recognition from the people who supported this Mod from Day 1.

Congratulations you are Truly an Asset to the DayZ community.

Like I said, nobody has been reading our posts. I've said, what, 4-5 times that there are other ways to recognize the staff other than throwing in 10-15 new food and drink items.

Sorry can you pm me with these generic answers please, does my post on the last page answer some of your concerns?

Sorry can you pm me with these generic answers please, does my post on the last page answer some of your concerns?

Oh yeah, I never blamed any of the mods, I was just getting angry that for 4 pages we got drowned out because we had differing views to the rest of the community members before Orlok finally stepped up and let us get a few words out.

I have a request

Try playing and testind the update before crying and bitching

When i read that new food breaks the immersion, i laughted hard

You know the new names of the foods only appears in the description of the item in the inventory ? the description that no ones reads.

When you pick a can you pick Can (pasta) or Can (beans) or something else and you eat a Can (pasta) and a Can (beans) you never eat Curgon's chicken noodles soup etc

So please ? A drama for this ? for 3 lignes of text in the description of an item IN THE INVENTORY ???

I can' t understand this. This is hate for hate and tears for tears. Don't you have anything better to do ?

Personally, I think the issue is that developers tend to prefer developing new content than bug fixing existing content. Considering the amount of flak from 1.7.5.1 I'd have thought this update should have been solely focused on fixing problems rather than introducing new content.

Why doesn't a mod make a poll and see what the results are?

Personally, I think the issue is that developers tend to prefer developing new content than bug fixing existing content. Considering the amount of flak from 1.7.5.1 I'd have thought this update should have been solely focused on fixing problems rather than introducing new content.

Most of the work involved in the patch was for bug fixing. The cans were completely done by an outside source.

There were bugs fixed, but there needs to be a healthy balance otherwise people will then complain that there has been no new content. Invariably though a few of the significant bugs can't be fixed due to the mod being a mod. As A Lumberjack points out the work on the cans was done by an outside source so took very little time away from fixing bugs and such.

Oh yeah, I never blamed any of the mods, I was just getting angry that for 4 pages we got drowned out because we had differing views to the rest of the community members before Orlok finally stepped up and let us get a few words out.

I can understand, inevitably the mods can't be everywhere at once and people can be very aggressive in their views when it is something that they enjoy like games.

The issue is rather than pushing this all on us, maybe a better route would have been adding one or two things, judging the community reaction then adding more in.

Well, the decisions have been made, so I guess there's no use in arguing about this anymore.

You can't really create a game through socratic method, you would never get anything done :)

Well, if you asked the comunity in advance if they want food named after mods, than you would get a clear answer and would save somebody from wasting the time it took to create those new cans.

Get it?

Well, if you asked the comunity in advance if they want food named after mods, than you would get a clear answer and would save somebody from wasting the time it took to create those new cans.

Get it?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121763-3d-model-different-food-qualities-215-update/

The mod references are kinda cool but they aren't exactly...subtle. There should be mod-named food but the names should make a bit more sense and they shouldn't be as obvious. Also, what on earth are canned muffins? They're the only real thing that I find "immersion-breaking" in the new canned stuff.

Edited by Nuubio

The mod references are kinda cool but they aren't exactly...subtle. There should be mod-named food but the names should make a bit more sense and they shouldn't be as obvious. Also, what on earth are canned muffins?

canned muffins are muffins, which are canned

• Like 1