Sign in to follow this  
Slide885

Showdown at the convoy

We were out for blood. An admin had just acused us of stealing from his camp. Being as we were raiding some one else's camp we assumed that it was his and took off in our Huey. An argument went down in side chat and he threatened to ban us, before we realized that he assumed that we stole vehicles from his camp because we happened to be standing next to them. and the whole server now knew this. We had to act fast. Before the real thieves evacuated that campsite.

We landed and geared up M40 and FnFal in my inventory. Jeff and Ben with M14s and Cam with his Acog. We had a plan. Take the humvee north of their camp, spred out and take them down one by one. Then we would blow up every damn one of those vehicles with our sachal charges. We wanted to take a screen shot and and write them a note, "thanks for the F-shack."

We took to the forest when we saw them. 4 cars in a row, Yellow ural, UAZs, and a Blue Ural all driving along the road. A convoy heading into the woods just south of us. We argued about what to do, How close we should follow. Jeff thought they had spotted us when they stopped but i was positive it was only one man per vehicle. They had to be paying atention to not hitting trees, and I doubted they would see our humvee from a click away. We got out and watched, then they took off. We tried to re-embark and catch them but we lost sight. We had a good idea where they would be. We stopped and tried to come up with a new plan to keep from alarting them. Turned around in the woods and started to double back. Thats when we saw them. Or they saw us. 4 men stepped out of a Black SUV and opened fire. Jeff stopped short and everyone jumped out. Ben died in the first hail of Mk 48 rounds.

"Get behind the Humvee!" not sure who screamed that but I was already hit and sprinting into tree cover. I had no visiblity but those pines saved my life. Jeff and cam both yelled over skype trying to organize. I got mixed reports of "I killed one!" and "I'm dead."

I looked around and just up hill of me was our humvee, I had the perfect ambush set up. They had no idea i was still alive. One walked over by the driver's side. I pulled my Fn Fal out of my pack and shot a 3 round burst at him. Not sure if i hit him or not, he dissapeared into the cab, I did cripple the vehicle though by taking out its tire. He jumped out the other side. I could see two of them. One in a bandit skin, and the other in guillie. They knew I was fireing from them but couldn't figure out from where. They poked their heads out around the cab trying to get a peak. 2 shots at the guillie but i couldn't land one. I finaly got the one in the bandit skin through the windows. He was down. My comrads hooted and hollered from the grave. Now was the waiting game. I could see the other members in their team dieing over and over in side chat. probably trying to get a Kamenka spawn. My team was doing the same. If eitehr of us got reinforcments this was over. I couldn't see him. I Had to do something. As my heart raced I backed up to the other side of my tree cover and was pleased to see that their was an easy to follow cover of trees that would let me skirt around to the front of my humvee. Slow and steady. I turned the the last tree seeing the headlights of my humvee 50 meters off. No one was there. I waited. It had already been 10 minutes. I foolishly assumed he had left. I went to inspect the corpses and take that Mk 48 as my prize when two bullets from 100 meters out pinned me to the humvee. Last time I get impatiant.

I had a similiar moment of impatience myself only the out come was a little better. Let me elaborate and set the scene.

The server was Machomans UK11 private hive on Taviana, my team and I have been playing on this server pretty much since it went live and it is now our home server.

Sunday 0500 GMT, I had set a tent up not far from the barracks at Martin, this is my favourite loot spawn on the map as it has three barracks similar to those on the North airfield in Chernarus. Anyway, I had been looting for maybe 2 hours travelling back and forward to my tent stashing the gear i was finding in Martin, I was the only person on the server so i knew i was safe from PvP.

I just so happened to check the player list and a "Mr White" had joined. so i proceeded to ask him "Hows the looting going?" to which he replied "Not too good, it depends where i go". He then asked where i was so i gave him a false location so that he wouldn't come to Martin. I ask the same of him and he said he was on the West island.

So I am making my approach to Martin again when i see movement in the Barracks. I move in nice and slow and low and behold there is Mr White. Now i could have killed him there and then but i decided it is only the two of us on the server so i will make contact and let this play out. So i anounce that i see him in the 2nd barracks and he delcares friendly, which was all well and good so i also declared friendly.

I let MrWhite know that I'm killing zombies and 2 mins later the ejit pops me with his M4. I asked why he would do such a thing and his response was "Maybe i have been a little too friendly lately". I admit i was a little annoyed but thats DayZ. I made my way back to Martin again being cautious on my aproach, this time its all quiet so i move in. While i was in the 3rd Barracks out of the corner of my eye I see a dude spawn in right in the middle of the barracks courtyard and there HE is............Mr White! I unloaded a few rounds into this dude and he DC'd.

Fast forward to 2130 GMT and I am at the east end of the bridge so i take a look at the player list and look whose name pops up, the one and only Mr White. Now he was sitting in lobby so i suspected that he was logging in and out at Martin waiting for loot to respawn.

I made my way to Martin then to try and end this once and for all. After 20 mins of solid running i arrive at Martin and the place is derelect so i move in to wait for this chuckle to spawn back in when suddenly i hear what sounds like a ural on route to my location. I had a decision to make here-

1) hide in the barracks and wait; or

2) move out of the barracks and observe

So i choose the safer option, that being the latter. I pushed into the trees on the east side of the barrack to wait on the on coming ural. Once the Ural got into the barracks area i performed a 360 degree recce around the Barracks to see what i was up against. When i finally settled into a good position i noticed the Ural sitting empty and two players where running around looting.

At this point my body started to tense up i was doubting my own ability to land the killer blow, when suddenly 2 more players appeared, it was now 4 on 1. So i allowed the guys to go about their looting routines, when they had finished all four of them jumped into the Ural, 3 in the cab and one in the rear. so I zero'd my m24 to 100m as this was my range and moved my scope from right to left across the window screen of the cab delivering a head shot to the driver and the guy in the middle, the 3rd guy bailed out and i managed to ping him in the arse i presume i broke something because he was crawling around and eventually settled under the Ural, I steadied my aim and delivered the final blow. 3 down one to go.

I lay in wait for approx 10 mins waiting for the final guy to show himself but to no avail. So i started to mount another 360 degree recce around the barracks to get a location on the final member of the loot squad but again to no avail. I felt the time was now right to move in and check my spoils. All heavily armed and med supplied up.

Sadly none of the guys were the elusive Mr White, he is still out there but i will have my revenge!

Edited by B()we