rocket

IMPORTANT: Crashed Heli's killing people

The latest patch introduced crashed helicopters, spawned randomly around the map, that have some uber loot in them. They will look like smoking wrecks. It was supposed to be an Easter egg. Unfortunately, I forgot about my anti-hacking scripts. As such, do NOT get inside the crashed helicopters. You will be instantly killed and/or turned into a wild boar (perminantly) and/or ejected into the sky at 100m/s (or any number of other fun ways I deal with hackers in the scripts).

So, until the next patch, please ONLY get inside the UH1H (green) helicopters. Do NOT get in the grey ones! Please pass this onto others in game.

• Like 2

Is it possible to tell green and grey apart at night with out a white light? are there any other distinguishing features?

Found one last night killed a friend but i could not see any loot guess i was missing something.

Wait' date=' can we gut and eat boar players?

[/quote']

I see no reason why we cant. Wouldn't it fit the punishment?

If you were killed, contact dayzdevteam@gmail.com with playerID/playername

And if you're a hacker, and you suddenly find you can't join any server. Please email us also, we have a great laugh about it.

Is it possible to tell green and grey apart at night with out a white light? are there any other distinguishing features?

Found one last night killed a friend but i could not see any loot guess i was missing something.

They are pretty obviously supposed to be an unrepairable wreck. The blades are bent and a little twisted, it's buried in the ground a little, and you can only enter the door gunner position.

Wait so, if you get into one of the helicopters can it think you're a hacker, and if this happens, just because you got into the helicopter, you will be banned permanently? Even if you weren't hacking?

They are pretty obviously supposed to be an unrepairable wreck. The blades are bent and a little twisted' date=' it's buried in the ground a little, and you can only enter the door gunner position.

[/quote']

I guess you mean then that the difference is that the wreck one has bent rotors and can only be entered through the gunners position, while the repairable one does not have bent rotors and can be entered from other positions? thanks for being helpful, i like many have not seen a repairable Helo yet so am unable to compare hence why i asked for the differences..

Gray one - UH-1Y "Venom" of USMC.

Green one - UH-1H of US Army.

I was on the airfield and there was a damaged A-10 and crashed huey... went to check the huey, maybe i can shoot from the gatling guns... NOPE, died... respawned, doubletimed it to the airfield again, looted a bandit who tried to enter the A-10 and experienced the same thing, and then looted my body. So, im good and no problems.

I died because of this, was just south of The North West air field, thought i'd pop over to have a look at the wreck got an option saying "Save the UH1-H" (summet like that its called) anyway it didnt do anything when i pressed enter, so went round the side and seen the option for the door gunner thought hey-ho il get in here the BANG! "YOU HAVE DIED" i was like FUUUCCKKKKK at first because i had so much decent gear and was so far north. But i got over it after a ciggie and now im not too fussed about getting my gear back and so on but if your feeling Generous then my ID is 7286406 and player name is Pte Tweddle. Cheers ;)

same happend with me but ill come back and pick up all my gear for 15 min

Thats great thanks.

The latest patch introduced crashed helicopters' date=' spawned randomly around the map, that have some uber loot in them. They will look like smoking wrecks. It was supposed to be an Easter egg. Unfortunately, I forgot about my anti-hacking scripts. As such, do NOT get inside the crashed helicopters. You will be instantly killed and/or turned into a wild boar (perminantly) and/or ejected into the sky at 100m/s (or any number of other fun ways I deal with hackers in the scripts).

So, until the next patch, please ONLY get inside the UH1H (green) helicopters. Do NOT get in the grey ones! Please pass this onto others in game.

[/quote']

I want to be a boar

The latest patch introduced crashed helicopters' date=' spawned randomly around the map, that have some uber loot in them. They will look like smoking wrecks. It was supposed to be an Easter egg. Unfortunately, I forgot about my anti-hacking scripts. As such, do NOT get inside the crashed helicopters. You will be instantly killed and/or turned into a wild boar (perminantly) and/or ejected into the sky at 100m/s (or any number of other fun ways I deal with hackers in the scripts).

[/quote']

Could've added this in the changelog :|

I actually died from this lol

So I was one of the idiots who just happend to see "get into gunner" on the crashed UH-1Y and died, derp for me...

Also I made it back to the UH-1Y and spent maybe half an hour trying to get the gear menu, the gear menu is a lie...

Thats great thanks.

sensing a little bit of sarcasm here so just to be nice

UH-1H :

4arma2pl050.jpg

UH-1Y :

arma2update2.jpg

google needed 0.53 seconds to find the pictures, also it took me maybe 20 seconds to open the editor place the 2 birds and spot the difference.

best way to tell them apart for people that are not familiar with them is by the rotor section and the engine exhausts. i suggest you open the editor yourself, place em and look at them

and you`re welcome :)