Sign in to follow this  
Tunusa

Random ideas

I havent had the chance to play the game yet, as I have been waiting for the standalone. I have watched a ton of vids/streams tho and noticed there seems to be a communication barrier between players that can take all too long to figure out.

So just as an idea to throw out there...how about a flag patch for clothing representing the players home country? Could be removable, possibly only on military clothing and something to help identify others easier.

A "turning point" where a player can get infected by a zombie and slowly change over after hours/days. Then once turned can play as a normal zombie (no weapons) where he must kill a player a day for blood to continue or decide to suicide and respawn.

Also would like to see more maps. Like an American map where you start out with a high powered, fully automatic assault rifle, several grenades and a ton of food :)

Plus a Canadian map where you start out with a bong... and the american military's phone number.

• Like 1

I havent had the chance to play the game yet, as I have been waiting for the standalone. I have watched a ton of vids/streams tho and noticed there seems to be a communication barrier between players that can take all too long to figure out.

So just as an idea to throw out there...how about a flag patch for clothing representing the players home country? Could be removable, possibly only on military clothing and something to help identify others easier.

A "turning point" where a player can get infected by a zombie and slowly change over after hours/days. Then once turned can play as a normal zombie (no weapons) where he must kill a player a day for blood to continue or decide to suicide and respawn.

Also would like to see more maps. Like an American map where you start out with a high powered, fully automatic assault rifle, several grenades and a ton of food :)

Plus a Canadian map where you start out with a bong... and the american military's phone number.

Somebody didn't read the sticky.

Don't make jokes aboot us. How would you feel if we made the Americans start out with special "international dunce" caps, eh?

• Like 3

1. Starting with gear other than the usual bandage/painkillers/coyote patrol pack is not what Rocket was aiming for in this mod.

2. You are not in a position to make suggestions for a game if you haven't even played it yet.

3. Even if you haven't played the game yet, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be following the devblogs, which pretty much contradict most of what you're saying.

4. "Throwing an idea out there" is not making a well-thought-out suggestion that people would actually consider implementing. Clearly you have zero common sense.

Edited by FlamingDefibs

1. There are going to be a lot more clothing options in the standalone, so I'm sure there will be some options for identification.

2. All survivors are immune.

3. Nah.

Guys you are taking it too seriously. This is comedy and it's quite brilliant, the build-up was great for the punchline! :lol:

Guys you are taking it too seriously. This is comedy and it's quite brilliant, the build-up was great for the punchline! :lol:

:)

Of course I was joking for the most part but also meant to imply more of a diverse map rotation allowing us to see and experience elements of cultures other than what's already being played. I love the current locations and idea of being dropped into a country I know nothing about with street signs I can't read. The unfamiliarity adds to the suspense and helps pull you in. I would like to see the flip side to that as well.

The flag idea was kinda legit, it would be nice to know what someone's language is before spending 5 mins trying to talk to them.

The infection thing... I get that survivors are immune but.. eh I feel like even with the improved zombies they will eventually lack a certain lasting fear which is inherent in this type of game. but yea, thrown in just as build up to take a playful dig at my country as well as my brothers to the north. :)

why do you care about the dayz mod if your not playing it?

starting with an assault rifle? omg...

I stumbled upon some vids of gameplay (Frankie, Lewis and a few others) and was sold instantly. Love everything about it.

At the time (early Dec) the stand alone was supposed to be released right around the same time I discovered the mod, so I just figured I would wait. and am still waiting... I dont know if its worth buying arma2 and downloading the mod now (and putting up with all the bugs) when the stand alone is just around the corner from release.

Edited by Tunusa

I dont know if its worth buying arma2 and downloading the mod now (and putting up with all the bugs) when the stand alone is just around the corner from release.

If I were you, I'd just wait for the standalone. I was going to do the same after I stopped playing last september or something when I heard that the standalone was coming out december. Well, It didn't so I went and playind the arma2 version and boy, things had gotten a lot worse. Got killed by a hacker thrice in a day while playing in a server with less than 10 people, different servers. It's not worth the time anymore at least not for me, standalone will fix so many things that make dayZ as it is unpleasant

Throws dollar bills at screen after spitting out pepsi.

Logged on just to say this.

Canadian Military is a joke to you, eh?

"What they do is infiltrate into dangerous areas behind enemy lines, look for key targets, and take them out. They don't go out to arrest people. They don't go out there to hand out food parcels. They go out to kill targets."

Whats so funny aboot us?

Edited by Daemonkid