kwebb12@gmail.com

US|228|229|230|231 Community Thread & Reports

We are looking to run some various specific server types/styles for everyone so there's a large selection of "Game Styles" people may want to be apart of... here's a few things we had in mind. Remember, we can't break the rules and terms that DayZ enforces on the servers; but hopefully, with some specific changes to the difficulty... we can customize some settings and make some 'Unofficial' servers for various game experiences. Here's what we had in mind:

DayZ Server Considerations:

#1 A [Hardcore] Server - The hardest and roughest difficulty there can be. Everything is off, can you survive in the toughest conditions?

#2 A [Noobie] Server - The easiest settings with everything pretty much turned on.

#3 A Large 70 Slot - This size of a server is just asking for a heavy amount of bandits! Form your own 'Death Squads' and kill Survivors; or form up a posse and hunt Bandits!

#4 A [Regular] Server - What we current run - Your 'middle of the road' difficulty and realistic settings.

#5 A Unofficial [PvP] Server - Like the 70 slot server yet only 40-50 players; with an 'Unofficial' declaration of various 'PvP Areas' near the coastline.

#6 A [Regular] Server No 3rd Person - As it states, our normal 'realistic' servers with no 3rd person enabled and crosshairs on.

#7 - Community Decision! - You make the call!

I hope you keep 231 the way it is, and any new servers have what ever variant you like.

Oh lord, how I hate the hive.

Currently moving our stuff off of US229. From regular rules to "noobie" rules: every option on. I understand you want to provide different rule sets, but jeeze. Server is down for days, it comes back up and runs good for a day or two and then it's a week of crippling lag, then "hey everybody, "noobie" ruleset!".

Thanks for all the fishes!

@Ganzor - The Ruleset Changes were provided/announced on July 19th - If you don't like what that server was turned into you can certainly just go over to one of our other ones; since all 'Styles' are being provided. All our servers were running "Regular" difficulty which is what "Noobie" is based upon; with changes to one or two things like Crosshairs being enabled

I'd appreciate it if you could correct your statement. Our servers have never been down for 'days' from an issue on our sides of things. Nor has there ever been a 'Week of Crippling Lag' on our servers; I'd know it because I have a lot of people that report to me directly about the state of the servers on a daily basis (Yes, they play every day and on multiple servers). There has only been one case of recent 'lag' and that was yesterday and was unrelated to our servers; it's related to an issue/exploit in the server configs that DayZ Supplied; which we believe is now corrected but it's a fresh fix so we're monitoring the effects. The one time our servers did go down for a length of time was because of slow DayZ Support when it comes to Whitelisting new server IP's - Totally out of our hands and with how busy the DayZ guys are you just have to understand it takes time.

Also, I hope you realize that no matter where you go you're going to feel the same things did you do on our servers and vise-versa. About 90% of issues you feel while playing on a DayZ Server are going to be Hive/Beta Patch related. The reason why our servers are so popular is because there's Admins like me that do what I can, asap, to locate the issues in new patches/updates and get a fix out to stabilize the connections.

Good luck on your new servers and I hope you find a home that's overattentive as we are!

• Like 1

I'd appreciate it if you could correct your statement. Our servers have never been down for 'days' from an issue on our sides of things. Nor has there ever been a 'Week of Crippling Lag' on our servers; I'd know it because I have a lot of people that report to me directly about the state of the servers on a daily basis (Yes, they play every day and on multiple servers). There has only been one case of recent 'lag' and that was yesterday and was unrelated to our servers; it's related to an issue/exploit in the server configs that DayZ Supplied; which we believe is now corrected but it's a fresh fix so we're monitoring the effects. The one time our servers did go down for a length of time was because of slow DayZ Support when it comes to Whitelisting new server IP's - Totally out of our hands and with how busy the DayZ guys are you just have to understand it takes time.

There's nothing to correct. The server was down for days. First something about the internet, then apparently waiting for the new hardware to be approved. This continued for at least two days, it's a fact.

Then, when the server reappeared, it was good for about a day, and then the crippling lag I mentioned. We'd open a tent, hit the arrow to take something out, and two minutes later it would appear in our bags. For every 30 seconds of no lag, you'd get 2 minutes of not being able to do anything with your inventory. After a couple days of this, we gave up. When the server was actually playable again,we discovered the "noobie" settings.

We've since moved to a reliable server, only returning to US229 when we want to transfer something out of our tents to the new server. The crippling lag was noticed by all of us, and made attempting to move anything out of the tents an exorcise in frustration, not to mention the often 10 minute black screen to enter the server.

I'm not saying the outage and lag that followed was your fault or even under your control, but to imply that I'm making it up is disingenuous of you. The server seems to have somewhat stabalized now, but we've already moved on.

Edited by Ganzor

Completely disagreeing with your Ganzor and that's fine if we have to agree to disagree; however you're shoving about a month of time together to sound like it occurred within a weeks period of time. Also I certainly am implying that you've "made up" some of your claims; because you factually have. How can I know? Because I have the resources, tools, logs,monitors and system to know exactly what is going on with our servers. So without a doubt I know that what you stated were implications; not fact. Now if you really want to get technical and nit-pick at everything; then let's have it. With some sarcasm; I'm sure you attempted to play on our servers 100% of the 24 hour period in a day, and took into consideration of new patches/updates/betas, everyone else's responses/reports in the community and took the time and decency to report any issues you were having to our website. Have our servers went down? Certainly. A day or two at a time? Nope. You want a fact? The servers were up, online and running 24/7... the issue was with the whitelisting which is out of our control.

I noticed you've changed your focus of your implications as well; however, you're going to feel that same "30 seconds to no lag, or 2 minutes of nothing" anywhere and everyone else as it's not related to our servers when issues like that arise. According to our logs and activity; the servers have been playable for a very long time now and I'm interested to know why you came here to vent frustrations and 'leave' and not even inform a soul of the issues you were having? You might have realized then it was felt all across the community of DayZ. I'd appreciate it if you took the time to education yourself on our the servers/hive communication works and how to identify when the fault of an issue falls to a server, or to the Hive/DayZ Communication. It's certainly not easy to understand as I've had to explain it to many.

I certainly appreciate you not being a complete tool/troll about the situation; and using the word 'disingenuous' earned you a clap. You certainly could have given us a heads up about your issues/problems on the server; but instead you never got in touch with us and just vent/rant posted this. In the end; you're going to run into the same problems where were you go and I just hope you realize that so you don't end up moving from server to server every time there's an update/release. Oh, and for whoever's server you're on now... they'd appreciate a heads up when their servers have odd things happening.

We work extremely close with Ander and a few others; so our servers are usually one of the 'firsts' to move to the latest updates/patches and try them out for the rest of the community. I won't deny that our servers have been 'crippled' due to bad/unforeseeable issues with updates/patches; but we fix them that same day; if not that same hour.

As I said before - Good luck on your new server and I hope it stays perfect for you forever!

There's nothing to correct. The server was down for days. First something about the internet, then apparently waiting for the new hardware to be approved. This continued for at least two days, it's a fact.

Then, when the server reappeared, it was good for about a day, and then the crippling lag I mentioned. We'd open a tent, hit the arrow to take something out, and two minutes later it would appear in our bags. For every 30 seconds of no lag, you'd get 2 minutes of not being able to do anything with your inventory. After a couple days of this, we gave up. When the server was actually playable again,we discovered the "noobie" settings.

We've since moved to a reliable server, only returning to US229 when we want to transfer something out of our tents to the new server. The crippling lag was noticed by all of us, and made attempting to move anything out of the tents an exorcise in frustration, not to mention the often 10 minute black screen to enter the server.

I'm not saying the outage and lag that followed was your fault or even under your control, but to imply that I'm making it up is disingenuous of you. The server seems to have somewhat stabalized now, but we've already moved on.

Disagree all you like, it won't change the facts.

I and about 5 of my friends had the exact same issue on your server for a period of days. Other servers worked fine, so I fail to see how it was a game wide issue that only had an effect on your server.

I have changed the focus of nothing, and lied about nothing. I simply went into more detail by what the meaning of "crippling lag" meant. My timelines, while imprecise, are accurate.

The only reason I'm still posting about it is because instead of saying "Yeah, the server had problems for a while there.", you decided to call me a liar.

The only reason I'm still posting about it is because instead of saying "Yeah, the server had problems for a while there.", you decided to call me a liar.

Don't think he called you a liar, but I will. Look you are a liar you just butthurt that he made the server you used on a noob server, so you decided to troll him. So not only are you a liar but a troll. If you don't like how a server is run, hit the road, but don't blame the server admin for the lag, even the servers being down, as the servers need to be green lit by someone at dayz. Strikes is on top of his servers, even taking the time, to give people different play options. I hope you find that fairy tale server where there is no lag, and server admin will cater to all your trolling.

Don't think he called you a liar, but I will. Look you are a liar you just butthurt that he made the server you used on a noob server, so you decided to troll him. So not only are you a liar but a troll. If you don't like how a server is run, hit the road, but don't blame the server admin for the lag, even the servers being down, as the servers need to be green lit by someone at dayz. Strikes is on top of his servers, even taking the time, to give people different play options. I hope you find that fairy tale server where there is no lag, and server admin will cater to all your trolling.

Hey, thanks for the personal attacks and the demonstration of your immaturity.

We were already in the procesz of moving our stuff to a different server due to the aforementioned crippling lag when the server changed to a noobie server. But by all means, don't let reality get in the way of your internet trolling.

Hmm, I'll add a bit here. I also noticed what Ganzor is stated about inventory "lag" and the like. Also took like 15min-20min to get in and even would kick me out for "idling" in the lobby for to long when I was actually "waiting for host" most likely due to not restarting properly I guess. After watching things over several days I noticed server 229 and only 229 wasn't restarting mixed with a bad beta release...there-for leaving it full of things that Arma/Dayz does to lag a server...I guess since it was just a hypothesis I had to try to justify what I was experiencing. I joined the other servers 228,230,231 within seconds and was playing with in a min or two with very little inv. lag (mostly due to bad beta). I too was frustrated but I knew from playing on VA's servers for several weeks that it would be ironed out soon enough.

If I'm incorrect please let me know.

Another server I had played reg. this same issue (super long loads, and bad "lag") on was US 264 Formally Dallas 1 by Adrenaline Gaming, come fo find out it wasnt restarted for long periods of time also.....so who knows. Plus they don't keep thier server like VA do...this is a top notch group that I plan on investing my gaming experiences in.

I don't have a dogg in this and just adding something to this.....discussion. Though yesterday and last night I had very solid server performance and fun with little to no broke or solid chains of red and yellow. I've sinced moved my playing to 231 for other reasons than what is being discussed.

Edited by Frogbones

Hey, thanks for the personal attacks and the demonstration of your immaturity.

You are welcome! I didn't really enjoy it, but felt you was unfairly blaming the wrong party.

I'm not saying the outage and lag that followed was your fault or even under your control

Not blaming anybody, just defending my good name. :)

Good name??? HAH! :P

Ganzor, it sucks that you are leaving. I remember your name from when we were playing on 229. I keep a tight chain on Strikes, to make sure that he keeps what is sadly my primary source of entertainment our servers up and running. Whenever we have issues, I bother him (and I do mean bother) about it until it is fixed. Frog was playing on 229, and when he brought it up that it was not rebooting, I let Strikes know asap. There were several days when whatever was going on with the hive had crippled our servers. That coupled with the whitelisting issue, and the fact that we were unaware that 229 wasnt rebooting compounded the issue.

Anyhow, sorry to see any "fair playing" member of the servers leave. If you decide to come back, find which server we are rolling on at the time, and play on it. It would be fun to have a "rival gang" to play against. The last one we had took off.

Trav aka Howler

• Like 1

Good name??? HAH! :P

Ganzor, it sucks that you are leaving. I remember your name from when we were playing on 229. I keep a tight chain on Strikes, to make sure that he keeps what is sadly my primary source of entertainment our servers up and running. Whenever we have issues, I bother him (and I do mean bother) about it until it is fixed. Frog was playing on 229, and when he brought it up that it was not rebooting, I let Strikes know asap. There were several days when whatever was going on with the hive had crippled our servers. That coupled with the whitelisting issue, and the fact that we were unaware that 229 wasnt rebooting compounded the issue.

Anyhow, sorry to see any "fair playing" member of the servers leave. If you decide to come back, find which server we are rolling on at the time, and play on it. It would be fun to have a "rival gang" to play against. The last one we had took off.

Trav aka Howler

Sadly, any chance of us coming back died when the server went to noobie settings. We'll pop on to take stuff from our tents every now and then while they exist, otherwise we don't want nametags giving away our positions while hidden from hundreds of meters away.

I meant on 231!

Server was running fine tonight strikes... But then kinda had some issues that I believe were hive related, that were intermittent.

If anyone has any issues on the servers we host, please post them here, or at www.vigilantaddiction.com. Strikes is working on a standalone forum but for now yell at him there.

Looks liek 1142 maybe off schedule. It didnt go down with the rest of the servers at the 6 reset.

hacker on 231.... we all got kicked for BE script, then on login we got ported around.

Soooo just wondering if anyone knows whats up with the H-barrier military camp in the middle of the NWAF on US229? there is a dead body from doug trapped in there and alot of crazy tents and camoed up towers (had to server hop to get in and out) seriously it is a huge obstruction when camping the strip.

Edited by Rotund-Shogun

huh, must have been a widespread hacking event then. We were in a firefight east on the map, on 231. We killed a couple of ppl, when I got shot in the back, and a dude popped in and killed someone in the middle of an area we "controlled". We hope that my death, and the dude popping up and killing ppl outy of nowhere was just shitty luck. However, righ after that (i was reloading) apparently a bunch (not sure if all) ppl got kicked for something.. then when they got back in, they were all ported to the "maze" in the NWAF. We got fraps n stuff of it, and it has been reported to Strikes. Anytime anything like this happens, please spread the word to report it in this thread, or put it in our shoutbox on our webpage. Strikes is on top of the situation as an admin can possibly be.