Sign in to follow this  
zombiekiller777

Towing Cars

This probally has been said before but just incase it hasnt cars should be able to be towed. It is currently availible in wasteland so it is possible with the arma engine HOWEVER YOU WOULD NEED TO HAVE A 'TOWING PART' or something like that to do this , and the part could be as rare as car wheels or toolboxes. you should only be able to tow 1 car at a time but it will decrease speed, mobility and turning. This would be great for when you find a car when you already have one. The only issue would be that sad people could stockpile every car in the server so mabye this would need fixing, im not sure.

post-141443-0-98845100-1361714432_thumb.

Edited by zombiekiller777
  • Like 1

Yeah, mechanically etc, I see no problem with your idea, but as you quite correctly point out, it would make it even easier for groups of 4-5 players to simply get a pickup truck and then wander round the map towing every single vehicle to their secret camp in the woods where they can repair it and then... well, look at it, I guess. I don't entirely understand hoarders, but there we go.

It's a nice idea, but off the top of my head, I can't see any gameplay reason you'd need to include it beyond 'have one car, want all the cars', and it would make hoarders (already a minor problem) even more of an issue.

• Like 1

Seems legit. Find some player's parked vehicle while driving, get towing cable out of trunk, back up to parked car, hook up and tow it away.

EDIT: About vehicle hoarders. Vehicles do not have a chance of despawning the way tents do, so some players swear by them. Personally, I keep the things I most cherish on my person because I am the single best defense at my disposal and much easier to hide.

Edited by Avelon

This probally has been said before but just incase it hasnt cars should be able to be towed. It is currently availible in wasteland so it is possible with the arma engine HOWEVER YOU WOULD NEED TO HAVE A 'TOWING PART' or something like that to do this , and the part could be as rare as car wheels or toolboxes. you should only be able to tow 1 car at a time but it will decrease speed, mobility and turning. This would be great for when you find a car when you already have one. The only issue would be that sad people could stockpile every car in the server so mabye this would need fixing, im not sure.

nope, we have enough vehicle hoarding without it, just imagine the clans using this thing.

nope, we have enough vehicle hoarding without it, just imagine the clans using this thing.

fair enough but if someone figured out how to stop this then it would be fine, i just hate it when my car breaks down and i have to transfer all the gear into my freinds and wait till they come back to pick me up as we both have pick ups.

Yeah, mechanically etc, I see no problem with your idea, but as you quite correctly point out, it would make it even easier for groups of 4-5 players to simply get a pickup truck and then wander round the map towing every single vehicle to their secret camp in the woods where they can repair it and then... well, look at it, I guess. I don't entirely understand hoarders, but there we go.

It's a nice idea, but off the top of my head, I can't see any gameplay reason you'd need to include it beyond 'have one car, want all the cars', and it would make hoarders (already a minor problem) even more of an issue.

You can't really tow a car if the car has no wheels. At least not off-road nor without making one hell of a rumpus :D

• Like 2

Don't play on a clan server.

If a group finds more a vehicle while already in one, there's nothing stopping them from just having one person get out and drive the car. This would only really change things for people playing alone.

Don't play on a clan server.

by clans i mean large groups too, 3~4 people could hoard a dozen of vehicles if they want to.

There's no point in favoring who already have a car, to get more cars.

Not the most terrible idea in the world, but like you said, hoarding becomes an issue. I have literally found at every point in the game, 99% of players will FIND A WAY to get another car, even if they are already in one. IMHO, it ruins the game mechanic. Yes, in a RL WROL/SHTF/Zed Apocalypse, you'd want a big, heavy duty, fast car to get you places and hold your stuff, but I'm pretty sure no-one would risk their lives to get another car, unless there was more than one person. Even then it is iffy, because most cars tend to have more than one seat. I rarely team play, and usually lone wolf with only a bike. However, when my team actually does set up a camp, we take one car, one bike/ATV, and one chopper if we can find it. I hate ruining the game for other people, so we only have one of each type of transport.

by clans i mean large groups too, 3~4 people could hoard a dozen of vehicles if they want to.

There's no point in favoring who already have a car, to get more cars.

The same thing is happening now. Towing would mostly help people with small manpower and one vehicle, aka. the average player

• Like 1

The same thing is happening now. Towing would mostly help people with small manpower and one vehicle, aka. the average player

why would player have more than one car?

In Wasteland there's real need for it, as you can sell the vehicle, put it at your base, etc.

But on dayZ it will only lead to hoarding, NOTHING more.

why would player have more than one car?

In Wasteland there's real need for it, as you can sell the vehicle, put it at your base, etc.

But on dayZ it will only lead to hoarding, NOTHING more.

They are a great moveable asset where you can store your gear. In a game like this you shouldn't really question people's motives on owning stuff. "Why would you want to survive when you can respawn" ... yeah

They are a great moveable asset where you can store your gear. In a game like this you shouldn't really question people's motives on owning stuff. "Why would you want to survive when you can respawn" ... yeah

yeah, i bet you play in some 1k cars server and shit, when you actually can get more than one car without spending a week searching for one.

No one in its right mind will store gear in cars, as the first thing someone will shot before hitting you, is your car, and you know, it blows up easily, even more easy after the last update.

There's just no point in making a car able to carry another car.

yeah, i bet you play in some 1k cars server and shit, when you actually can get more than one car without spending a week searching for one.

No one in its right mind will store gear in cars, as the first thing someone will shot before hitting you, is your car, and you know, it blows up easily, even more easy after the last update.

There's just no point in making a car able to carry another car.

At my 200+ hours of play, the only vehicle with more than 2 wheel was ural which I had for one afternoon before it disappeared. It was +150 hours before I found moped which me and my friend used to great effect. Playing on vanilla servers only

You seem to having trouble keeping the discussion in the topics and not taking it to personal level. Please maintain your manners

It's possible to tow vehicles in real life, so why is it suddenly stupid in Dayz?

They'd have to nerf it extremely though.

The towing in wasteland mod is and looks stupid, it should actually be towed, not nailed to your car.

Towed vehicles should also have an hitbox, so driving while having a vehicle towed to you will be harder.

• Like 1

It's possible to tow vehicles in real life, so why is it suddenly stupid in Dayz?

They'd have to nerf it extremely though.

The towing in wasteland mod is and looks stupid, it should actually be towed, not nailed to your car.

Towed vehicles should also have an hitbox, so driving while having a vehicle towed to you will be harder.

And expend more fuel.

At my 200+ hours of play, the only vehicle with more than 2 wheel was ural which I had for one afternoon before it disappeared. It was +150 hours before I found moped which me and my friend used to great effect. Playing on vanilla servers only

You seem to having trouble keeping the discussion in the topics and not taking it to personal level. Please maintain your manners

well, you're the one provoking me with matters of other topics, not me.

If you had to play 200 hours to find a damn car, why you want to make hoarding more viable? there's just no logic there dude. It would make everyone's life harder on the game just for the sake of bigger groups hoarding the vehicles.

• Like 1

well, you're the one provoking me with matters of other topics, not me.

If you had to play 200 hours to find a damn car, why you want to make hoarding more viable? there's just no logic there dude. It would make everyone's life harder on the game just for the sake of bigger groups hoarding the vehicles.

My apologies if you get the feeling that I'm provoking you, was not my intention

They are doing it already and towing seems like a great feature to fit in the game. Even thoug I don't wish to catch any of the diseases they are planning to implement I still think they are great features as well. I don't need to be using them actively to enjoy them being in game

As said, hoarders gonna hoard. I feel like towing would actually encourage teamwork. Someone with a car capable of towing can even help someone esle out if their car gets stuck somewhere! :)

Edited by Uuni

Maybe the answer should be something more along the lines of a winch then. Something that will let you move a car from A to B, but only 10m or so at a time. You park your car, grab the winch cable, attach it to the car to be towed (also use it to tear down fences? it would save damage to your ride by not needing to bash them down.) go back to your car and use the winch to pull the car. This way you could make road blocks from wrecked cars (set up an ambush), or hide a wrecked car in nearby brush for later repairs. But you wouldn't have peeps just towing every car they find back to their base.

• Like 1

My apologies if you get the feeling that I'm provoking you, was not my intention

They are doing it already and towing seems like a great feature to fit in the game. Even thoug I don't wish to catch any of the diseases they are planning to implement I still think they are great features as well. I don't need to be using them actively to enjoy them being in game

As said, hoarders gonna hoard. I feel like towing would actually encourage teamwork. Someone with a car capable of towing can even help someone esle out if their car gets stuck somewhere! :)

The point is that the feature adds nothing to the game other than just make hoarding easier. Cars dont get stuck on dirt in dayZ, they dont have inoperable engines, if the engine breaks, the car explode, there's just no utility in it than facilitate hoarding, that's the point.

It's like adding a minigun to the helicopters, would only make the clans/bigger groups lifes easier and make the new players gameplay harder, even impossible when it comes to getting a car.

The point is that the feature adds nothing to the game other than just make hoarding easier. Cars dont get stuck on dirt in dayZ, they dont have inoperable engines, if the engine breaks, the car explode, there's just no utility in it than facilitate hoarding, that's the point.

It's like adding a minigun to the helicopters, would only make the clans/bigger groups lifes easier and make the new players gameplay harder, even impossible when it comes to getting a car.

Hoarding cars is already easy. Hell, I mainly play solo and I have two. If you have 2 people all you need to do is drive around, find a car and convoy back to base. Adding a tow rope just levels the field a bit for solo players. If they made it so cars didn't explode in water (which BTW they don't) you could use this to tow a stuck car out.

Helicopters are already pretty cheap as is. I met a guy who used to just fly around with his clan looking for camps, steal all their gear and vehicles, then wreck the camp. I think heli's should be removed completely. I mean really, show of hands; if the Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow, how many of you could fix a wrecked helicopter and fly it away?

Edited by Jeremiah Cross

It would really only make it easier for lone players. If there's a group, it would be way easier and safer for a person to get out of the current vehicle and drive the new one. Anyways, while we're talking about moving vehicles, I'd like to suggest pushing cars, both repaired and destroyed, so I can do things like this (skip to 1:20):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga_r6AGZ2eU

Edited by Clumzy