Dagana

Why do I run faster?

Hey I've been playing for a few months but I've never been able to figure out why I run faster than my buddies. I always play with one other guy and since the beginning my character has always ran faster than his. He just became a hero today and I still can outrun him. Im not complaining about it cause running faster is better when escaping Zeds but I'm still curious. I'm not a hacker or anything like that. It's also possible that he's just extra slow for some reason. If anyone can explain this that would be awesome

1. Are you double tapping "W" (forward)? This will make you sprint for a short period.

2. Have you macro'd a key for "W" (forward)? If so, and you have set that macro on repeat in a short interval (ie every 10 millisecond) you may experience that you go alittle faster then other players.

Edited by smokeeye

Hi,

Me and my friend get this all the time.....we have tested EVERYTHING! Myself carrying heavier weapons and or loads and backpack, one of us with less food and water and vice versa but all we found out is that it's just a random merry go round. I'll be faster for 10mins then he will.......WEIRD

Either lag or your connection to the server. +80 ping and your gonna have a bad time.

Hero Skin give you a bullet proof vest (only for 9mm) and makes you faster for a short time and if you have a pistol then you walk faster than with a primary weapon.

Its not that im sprinting i look down at my feet to make sure. Also im usually running with a rifle. Its really that im just faster than him. We have the same cpu and use the same internet (we are roomates). I also havent macro'd W. He doesnt look laggy when he runs so i dont think its connection. Thanks for the answers though

I've had this happen a lot it can vary on lots of things like blood, weight your carrying, guns you have in your hands, humanity ( not completely sure ) but mostly connection I think