mbcb

Private Hive Server Setup - Errors on Connect

I've been trying to setup a DayZ server with a private hive for some friends and I to play on and I'm running into some issues. No matter what I do, when I connect to the server I first see an error message telling me "Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!" error message, then if I click on the screen I get "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff."and it just hangs there. I've set up the server a few times, trying to use both pwnoz0r's setup and the stapo/lite dayz server setup on different occasions with the same results.

Here are the exact steps I'm taking, maybe someone can see something I'm doing wrong. All this is being installed on a Win 7 x64 box.

1) Download Arma 2 and Arma 2 Op Arrowhead from Steam.

2) Copy Arma 2 folder to new location called "DayZ Server"

3) Copy Arma 2 Op Arrowhead folder contents into DayZ Server, overwriting anything that prompts me to.

4) Download and run the latest beta patch (102285). Since that patches the official game in my Steam folders, I grab the "Arma 2 Op Arrowhead\Expansion\beta" folder and copy it into "DayZ Server\Expansion"

5) Download and Install the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 distro and copy msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll into DayZ Server folder (kept getting an error that they were missing).

6) Download the DayZ server files (@server-1.7.5.1-full.rar - http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/1.7.5/) and place all the files (@dayz, @hive, cfgdayz, keys and other files) into DayZ Server folder, overwritting as necessary.

7) Follow the directions and go through the process to install one of the following, overwriting files as necessary:

- Stapo's Lite Dayz (https://github.com/Stapo/Lite-DayZ-Private-Server)

- Pwnoz0r's Private Server (https://github.com/Pwnoz0r/DayZ-Private-Server)

8) Edit Dayz Server\cfgdayz\server.cfg to update password, server name, etc.

9) Launch DayZ server.

10) Lanch DayZ client (downloaded through Steam) on another machine with Arma 2 OA.

11) Go into multiplayer/server browser and I see the server listed. Join it with the correct PW.

12) DayZ loads and drops me to the Multiplayer Setup Screen. Choose a slot and hit OK.

13) DayZ loads some more and then drops me to the brown Briefing Screen. I hit continue.

14) I see a DayZ loading screen with a message that says, "Server responded, creating character' and a number starts counting up in the bottom right corner. When it hits 40 I get the "Something went wrong! disconnect and try again!' error message, then if I click on the screen I get "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff."

I'm not really sure where things are going off the rails as I think I'm doing everything correctly. Maybe it's the Steam version of DayZ? Maybe I did something out of order. Regardless, I need to make it dead simple for my players to setup and connect since some of them aren't the most tech savvy folks.

Anyone have any thoughts whatsoever?

Make sure you also have C++ 2008 redist.

EDIT: Also make sure your not loading anything such as rMod etc... into your client (Arma2OA.exe)

Also, there might be a setting in your configs for the version which is possible set to 101480 or something which could generate the error.

If THAT doesn't work you could try moving Arma2server.exe out of expansions/beta to the base Arma2 - Operation Arrowhead directory

Either way, make sure your server config is pointing at the correct arma2server.exe

IF THAT doesn't work, try DayZ Control Center, it's dead simple and so far the best we've found. Their support in unmatched.

Edited by Nuds

Well, tried C++ 2008, made sure no client addons but dayZ and teh requiredBuild is set low. Also moved the Arma2server in the root folder, all with no luck.

I'll give DayZ Control Center a shot. I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid or wrong. :)