Sign in to follow this  
MrONEBADDUDE (DayZ)

I'm new, where should I start?

I'm not COMPLETELY new because I've watched DayZ videos from FRANKIEonPCin1080p and a couple others, but never played it. The reason I have not played it yet is because I wasted my money on WarZ. But back to main topic, When I get ARMA 2 I plan on getting the mod from steam. Is there any specific server that I should play on to make my experience on this game even more fun than it already looks from the videos (Which made the game look ridiculously fun)? To avoid hackers or other complaints (to many weapons, vehicles, or etc.)?

Welcome :)

There are a ton of servers out there hosting many different versions of DayZ. You will just have to try them to see what you like.

Edited by Hempy Hustle

Hey dude, first off, I noticed you said that you were going to get the mod from steam, unless something has changed recently you do not get the mod from steam. Just download a program called DayZ commander. EXTREMELY simple application. Once you get Arma2, if you want to, Id be glad to help you out! My clan and I have our own TS3 server, and DayZ server. You don't need to join our clan or anything, but I'd be glad to help you out for a little while! PM me when you get Arma2, Ill be glad to give you the TS3 IP and everything!

Hey dude, first off, I noticed you said that you were going to get the mod from steam, unless something has changed recently you do not get the mod from steam. Just download a program called DayZ commander. EXTREMELY simple application. Once you get Arma2, if you want to, Id be glad to help you out! My clan and I have our own TS3 server, and DayZ server. You don't need to join our clan or anything, but I'd be glad to help you out for a little while! PM me when you get Arma2, Ill be glad to give you the TS3 IP and everything!

Something has changed, and it happened a day or 2 ago. The mod is now downloadable off of steam, but I'd personally go with what you said here. I've heard there are a few small issues with the steam release. DayZ commander is great for new maps anyway.

• Like 1

Arma II is a good game and even if you are just getting it for DayZ, no one knows when the SA will be released and people will still play the mod.

• Like 1

Arma II is a good game and even if you are just getting it for DayZ, no one knows when the SA will be released and people will still play the mod.

ARMA is definately worth it, but not everyone has money for both. I personally would wait for the SA if I didn't already have the mod.

I agree ARMA 2 CO is amazing on its own and if you grow a little tired of DayZ there is the really awesome WASTELAND mod aswell for Arma.

Wait for a STEAM sale grab whole BUNDLE everything you need for 9.99$-14.99$ IT IS ALWAYS ON SALE for one of these prices. I also see 17.99$ for it sometimes.

Edited by Hempy Hustle

I'm not COMPLETELY new because I've watched DayZ videos from FRANKIEonPCin1080p and a couple others, but never played it. The reason I have not played it yet is because I wasted my money on WarZ. But back to main topic, When I get ARMA 2 I plan on getting the mod from steam. Is there any specific server that I should play on to make my experience on this game even more fun than it already looks from the videos (Which made the game look ridiculously fun)? To avoid hackers or other complaints (to many weapons, vehicles, or etc.)?

First off; http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/124927-current-problems-with-the-steam-version-of-dayz-mod/

Personally I recommend that you download DayZ Commander instead of using the Steam version. My reasoning is all in the link above.

This is where you can get DayZ Commander. It's at the very bottom of the page: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Thanks Everyone! This community is way more helpful and nice xD I'll PM those who want me to when I get ARMA 2 along with DayZ. And to everyone else, good luck surviving out there!