Sign in to follow this  
Brack (DayZ)

A story..

I was a fresh-spawn, just spawned to Elektrozavodsk, or, Elektro. I decided i'd head to Hospital since i spawned to the west side. I had no idea what would be coming... I heard a helicopter, and climbed up to hospital roof to get a better view. Then i saw it. An UH-1, approaching me. I heard shots. Someone fell out, and i saw a death message. "George" was killed. Then, the chopper approached me, quickly landed in the hospital roof, even without hovering, and almost crash landed, it was still working though. They told me "To get in fast" and i got in, without thinking a second. They told me to take weapons from the gear of the heli, and i still wasnt aware of what was going on. Suddenly, i heard LMG and AS50 fire, multiple, and the tail rotor was out. We started spinning. We were too low to eject, and the pilot crash near the dam north to Elektro. We all survived, except the pilot, who got shot when he got out. I was bleeding, orange blood, i was wounded from the crash, or then i had got shot, im not sure. The 2 ghillie guys who were passengers in the heli, told me to follow them. We ran into the woods, when we started taking fire. The other guy said that "Im going to cover you, run for it" after he had finished saying that, i saw him getting gunned down. Even if i didnt know him ,i felt sad, because it felt like he was a hero, staying behind, covering me and my new "friend". Anyways me and the ghillie guy kept running north west, and we kept taking fire. He told me to stop, that he would put a ghillie in my backpack. Took it, wore it on, and we kept moving. Some time after that, he told me to put my weapon in my backpack, (they had given me an Alice pack) and stay down near a tree, and take out my binoculars. We saw them. 1 camo clothed guy, 2 ghillie guys and 2 bandits. I told him that theres no way we could take them out with what we had. They had 1 LMG, 2 snipers, which i think were AS50's, and the rest had assault rifles, if i saw right. He told me to take out my brand new DMR from my backpack, to run away from them, get in position, pick a target, and fire when he would say so. I chose the camo AS50 guy. They stopped for some reason, and 1 of them started aiming at me. Assault rifle, i immediatly switched my target, and even without him telling me to start firing, i opened fire on the assault rifle guy. He died from 1 shot. The others started taking potshots at me, since they didnt exactly know where we were, its surprising, because the assault rifle guy spotted us too. He cursed and asked me why i didnt open fire when he said so, i told him it was self defence... he sighed, and told me to run when he said so. I ran, he kept suppressing them. Then it was his turn. He told me to cover him. I started suppressing the enemies, and he ran to me. I emptied my mag, reloaded, and we both ran deeper into the woods. After about 20 minutes of running, we heard a car, truck and a what i think was a sedan, UAZ. We saw them approaching in a road. He told me to keep running. Suddenly the truck, which was a ural, turned at us, and chased us. He told that he would lay a satchel charge in the ground, and told me to keep on running. After running, i saw the Ural coming directly at him. Then i saw an explosion. And a death message saying "Dave was killed" Seems like he had sacrificed himself for me. I felt moved, since i had traveled with him for a little while. Then i saw the UAZ coming. I took the driver out, and the other passenger with 4 shots. After that i just kept running, running, and running north. I finally found myself a car, hid it, and decided to tell this story to you guys. This is DayZ, and its just epic. Things like this would have never happened in a other car. Those 2 guys reminded me of Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart, 2 Delta snipers who kept covering a shot down pilot in Mogadishus battle. They died covering the pilot, and the pilot was later rescued. They got the Medal of Honor, posthumously. Anyways, thanks for reading my story, and tell me your thoughts about it in the comments.

Edited by Brack
  • Like 4

Yeah, unfortanely i cant look for them, because their names were real names, Dave and George as far as i know. And theres thousands of names with Dave and George.

Yeah, unfortanely i cant look for them, because their names were real names, Dave and George as far as i know. And theres thousands of names with Dave and George.

You never know, you might meet up again but this story is kinda rare I'd say but very entertaining and cool story

I was a fresh-spawn, just spawned to Elektrozavodsk, or, Elektro. I decided i'd head to Hospital since i spawned to the west side. I had no idea what would be coming... I heard a helicopter, and climbed up to hospital roof to get a better view. Then i saw it. An UH-1, approaching me. I heard shots. Someone fell out, and i saw a death message. "George" was killed. Then, the chopper approached me, quickly landed in the hospital roof, even without hovering, and almost crash landed, it was still working though. They told me "To get in fast" and i got in, without thinking a second. They told me to take weapons from the gear of the heli, and i still wasnt aware of what was going on. Suddenly, i heard LMG and AS50 fire, multiple, and the tail rotor was out. We started spinning. We were too low to eject, and the pilot crash near the dam north to Elektro. We all survived, except the pilot, who got shot when he got out. I was bleeding, orange blood, i was wounded from the crash, or then i had got shot, im not sure. The 2 ghillie guys who were passengers in the heli, told me to follow them. We ran into the woods, when we started taking fire. The other guy said that "Im going to cover you, run for it" after he had finished saying that, i saw him getting gunned down. Even if i didnt know him ,i felt sad, because it felt like he was a hero, staying behind, covering me and my new "friend". Anyways me and the ghillie guy kept running north west, and we kept taking fire. He told me to stop, that he would put a ghillie in my backpack. Took it, wore it on, and we kept moving. Some time after that, he told me to put my weapon in my backpack, (they had given me an Alice pack) and stay down near a tree, and take out my binoculars. We saw them. 1 camo clothed guy, 2 ghillie guys and 2 bandits. I told him that theres no way we could take them out with what we had. They had 1 LMG, 2 snipers, which i think were AS50's, and the rest had assault rifles, if i saw right. He told me to take out my brand new DMR from my backpack, to run away from them, get in position, pick a target, and fire when he would say so. I chose the camo AS50 guy. They stopped for some reason, and 1 of them started aiming at me. Assault rifle, i immediatly switched my target, and even without him telling me to start firing, i opened fire on the assault rifle guy. He died from 1 shot. The others started taking potshots at me, since they didnt exactly know where we were, its surprising, because the assault rifle guy spotted us too. He cursed and asked me why i didnt open fire when he said so, i told him it was self defence... he sighed, and told me to run when he said so. I ran, he kept suppressing them. Then it was his turn. He told me to cover him. I started suppressing the enemies, and he ran to me. I emptied my mag, reloaded, and we both ran deeper into the woods. After about 20 minutes of running, we heard a car, truck and a what i think was a sedan, UAZ. We saw them approaching in a road. He told me to keep running. Suddenly the truck, which was a ural, turned at us, and chased us. He told that he would lay a satchel charge in the ground, and told me to keep on running. After running, i saw the Ural coming directly at him. Then i saw an explosion. And a death message saying "Dave was killed" Seems like he had sacrificed himself for me. I felt moved, since i had traveled with him for a little while. Then i saw the UAZ coming. I took the driver out, and the other passenger with 4 shots. After that i just kept running, running, and running north. I finally found myself a car, hid it, and decided to tell this story to you guys. This is DayZ, and its just epic. Things like this would have never happened in a other game. Those 2 guys reminded me of Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart, 2 Delta snipers who kept covering a shot down pilot in Mogadishus battle. They died covering the pilot, and the pilot was later rescued. They got the Medal of Honor, posthumously. Anyways, thanks for reading my story, and tell me your thoughts about it in the comments.

Sry, i made a few mistakes in it. Sorry about spelling mistakes, english isnt my native langauge. Edited it now, all mistakes should be gone now