Sign in to follow this  
Jum

Ideas for standalone when it comes to staying 'humane'

Now, I feel that there is a big part of DayZ that needs to be addressed, the fact that people kill on sight. If a real apocalypse event happened, I don't think that most people could pull the trigger on someone who is innocent and unarmed. Now I know its a videogame so there is less repercussions when a player is shot, but I was thinking that there could be a way where the player was rewarded for not killing as much. I don't know if this would work or how, my idea was that, how much humane you had left when you died, adds up and after a while you can use what you had to spawn with certain items, not like an AS50 straight away, more like 4 tinned food cans and a water bottle, it would mean that the humanity system would need to be redone to manage this idea, but hey, its a long shot but who knows.

No this is a bad idea!

Its better to remove the humanity system completely!

• Like 1

Humanity system should definitely go. What we need is encouragement for cooperation like fortifications, clan activity and less high-end military loot. Anything that spawns out of thin air just because I didn't shoot someone sounds terrible. Only humanity we need is the one we already have, the only reason I ever went and sniped people in elektro was because there were literally nothing better to do

Humanity works as a simplified cross server reputation mechanic.

I don't think we can avoid people treating DayZ as a game, where they have no inhibitions towards violence. The repercussion for firing an anti-material rifle near a horde of zombies is easily easily negotiable, as it takes very little to lose aggro. Maybe if bushes didn't reset aggro and zombies started running through buildings, we'd see a little more restraint in cities.

However DayZ will always need both survivors and bandits, because any mechanic will become predictable at some point.

Edited by Dallas

Most of the players including me would disagree with your suggestion.

Humanity is fine the way it is for me, they just need to perfect the current system now.

I recently made a suggestion in another thread, could be added to the system

What about a system, where you are able to "offer confederation"? When you see someone, you can offer confederation. If he agrees, a timer starts, let's say 10 minutes. In this time you are still able to kill each other, but that would show a "fraud" somewhere in some statistics. This system would really give you an idea how trustworthy someone is.

Of course, the timer/the confederation could be renewed.

I agree with Uuni, high-end loot should be nearly impossible to obtain or at least very very difficult.

Edited by LeonsenPartisani

people just want a CoD with zombies, not a minimum realistic game where your actions actually change you.

So this wont be implemented, and humanity system will probably be removed.

So shoot on sight, cause everybody will do the same.

thank the 12~16 year old kiddies that think killing other people is fun, military weapons should be found everywhere and play on [500 vehicles + NVG/GPS/AS50 ON SPAWN] servers.

Edited by lipemr

Oh dear, I tend to disagree with some of you.

I like the humanity system but it would need a lot of balancing and encouraging behaviour in the gameplay.

My way of getting around this was to create a, albeit complex, system of story and gameplay elements surrounding Journal carrying, you can read about it here: http://dayzmod.com/f...k/#entry1169308

Edited by shadowleaper

Just enabling players to do something other than just scavenging, fighting or driving around the map in a vehicle should drastically reduce PvP. For example once/if player bases are implemented, just managing the construction and security of the things should keep people busy enough so that the amount of PvP should drop.

I'm also still not convinced that having some sort of key control points on the map, for example the radio tower on Green Mountain, that players would need to maintain to keep radio transmissions working would be a bad idea. Having essential facilities that need to be maintained by players in order for something like radio transmissions or transportation by train to be possible on a server would also keep players busy and give them something else to do, other than fighting. Players would be encouraged to band together to form factions, since these things would of course require more than 3 people to maintain and guard against sabotage by bandits/rival player factions or rampaging zombies.

It would be a win-win for bandits and survivors alike to have more things to do and manage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. Get rid of the humanity system. All it does is enable a change of skin, that is going to become obsolete anyway after SA is released, and gives heroes magic sprinting capabilities.

Edited by TheSodesa

Adding some semi-quests and events to the game would already cut a LOT of the unecessary pvp of the game, but people dont want it, cause as i said before, they just want a CoD with zombies.

Check what are the most populated servers out there and see for yourself.