Sign in to follow this  
Dbrow

FPS Optimization/Increase Help

I know there are plenty of these around, I've tried a few things to no avail. Wanted to get some individual help.

Under 10fps in cities "around" 30 elsewhere.

Specs:

AMD Phenom X4 975 Quad Core @ 3.6Ghz

8 GB Crucial RAM

HD Radeon 5970 @ 800/1200

Tried on all settings, same shit.

Any tips on increasing FPS in DayZ?

dont use optimizers get a new gpu and overclock your cpu

Edited by beast101

I've always had pretty good FPS but I found a guide on here recently and tried it (just doing my duties as a mod) and was surprised how much it improved my fps, it was quit dramatic. It doesn't use any software, you have to edit some files manually but it works.

Hold tight, I'm gonna trawl through the posts and try and dig it out for you.

• Like 3

Eh, Phenom X4 975 isn't very great of a CPU.

I'd strongly recommend getting something like a i5-3570k.

Your graphics card could use some upgrading as well, as far as I can tell.

Much appreciated, cause I dont really want to upgrade my GPU as it runs BF3 Singleplayer on Ultra and Multiplayer on High. Not gonna upgrade till the 8000 series comes out

Dancing russian, I just got the best Quad core AMD that was out about a year back. I may upgrade to the newer eight cores, but I don't buy intel. Also, hasn't really given me any fps issues in other games, just DayZ. Not even ArmA2, just this mod

i get about 30 fps, and my pc sucks, here is what im rolling, no custom text files :)

HEhNooZ.jpg

also ppaa is on ffaa sharp filtering high

Edited by TMW Se7eN

Ok, check this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...0-on-my-laptop/

Click on the link in that thread (it's clean, don't worry) and follow that guide. I didn't bother changing the field of view but the important bit seems to be turning off the AA for grass and so on. Like I say I was genuinely surprised how much smoother things ran for me although remember you can't polish a turd. Worth a try though. let me know if you get any results or have trouble following the guide and I'll try and talk you through it.

Importantly the game actually looked a bit better too. Weird.

Edited by Fraggle

Ok, check this thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...0-on-my-laptop/

Click on the link in that thread (it's clean, don't worry) and follow that guide. I didn't bother changing the field of view but the important bit seems to be turning off the AA for grass and so on. Like I say I was genuinely surprised how much smoother things ran for me although remember you can't polish a turd. Worth a try though. let me know if you get any results or have trouble following the guide and I'll try and talk you through it.

Importantly the game actually looked a bit better too. Weird.

Defiantly a rise in frames, game seems alot more blury tho, maybe i did something wrong ,still the frames are alot smoother, i will post this over in the TMW forums and see what the boys and girls think, taa Fraggle.

Edited by TMW Se7eN

Nice one, I didn't get the blurriness you mention? That sound like post process effects, not sure TBH. Just double check what you've changed, glad it worked though :)