In my opinion the running zombies should be a bit slower and not zig zag so damn much. How are you supposed to hit them when 10 zombies are coming at you running like people trying to break the 100 meter record zig zagging like there is no tomorrow and then teleporting to your side. It's hard already aiming in ARMA with clumbsy aiming and not so stable connection.

The crawling/hopping zombies are cool I really like them. Maybe some different kind of zombies when the time is right?

The zig zagging is due to arma 2 pathfinding and afaik cannot be changed

You have to take shelter when followed by the horde, or just look behind and if they stop to perform their 2 second meelee animation stop and kill em. Thats how i do it.

Run up a hill mate. They start shuffle walking. or if in a city, into a building and/or up stairs.

I'm usually for speedy zombies but it just doesn't work so well at this speed with all the zigzagging, teleporting and wall ghosting. Should be made a bit slower, not much, just a bit.

I use to rage over them, but then I learned all the tricks and now it's just a matter of jogging to the right area, then taking my sweet time and popping their heads off with the makarov. As others have said, hit up a building, stairs, or hill (I didn't know about that one, good to know) and you can laugh as they become claustrophobic nursing home patients.

After a while when u know how to deal with the Zeds with the hints given above it comes too easy to kill them. Some tweaks should be done to the system, if possible. I am more scared of ladders than Zeds.

Make them classic zombies, they can only walk but they can only die through headshots.

I'd like to see more of the classic zed... I dunno the restriction of number of zombies but in the classic sense a few zeds are not the issue, it is their numbers which are the threat.

Base it more off the Left 4 Dead system (not the zeds themselves) where you have random loner zeds walking about in small numbers. If enough alert is given a huge number of zombies suddenly appear.

So even though you are faster than the massive horde (50?-200?) they seem to come from all directions slowly encircling you, boxing you in.

If you escape the horde now there is a massive 200+ group sitting in an area. I dunno...

I agree the zombies move way too fast. It not that they're too hard to hit, it just looks very strange in combination with the zig-zagging, while the rest of the world is so realistic. It's like they have no mass at all, zipping around.

Is it true the zig-zagging is unchangable? Dodging bullets is not what a brainless and raging zombie would do.

I think at a basic level the zig zagging is coded into the AI as far as Arma 2 is concerned. I think, but am not certain, that even if you set a unit's AI skill to 0 they still do that. I wish it could be changed, or a 'new' AI just for zombies.

I think what happens is that they sprint at full speed when they're after you, combined with Arma's buggy path finding = the tiny adjustments they make to get on your ass makes them move erratically.

I like making missions using a mixture of the "infected" and "zombies" using The Undead mod. Maybe 5/2 ratio of regular zombies to infected sprinters

I'd like to see shambling zombies that can only be killed with headshots, as mentioned before... However then the number of zombies would have to be increased to around 2500 per server in order for it to be a challenge.

I have a solution for this. One, reduce the player sprint to a slow run. Sprinting for a limited time then go into a slow run. Two, spawn on avg 3 zombies together. Three, headshots only. Four, zombies should be able to run to a point, about half the speed of the player when he is worn out of sprint. Five, unless the player is a far away, have the zombies follow until A) an new target appears or B) the target has "hidden" from them. This should be easy to get into the game and should make for a more traditional feel of zombie horror.

Limiting the sprint and making players get headshots should allow for slower zombies. No need to make them super slow, but the should not instawarp to you. Remember, you may outrun them at first but you have to stop to eat, drink, scavage, deal with jerks while zombies never rest.

I don't think the zigzagging can be fixed - but the speed I am pretty sure can be changed and should be.

Yeah, there are many ways to deal with them, but they're still too fast. You're in trouble if you try engaging even ONE runner in the open. You will usually just waste bullets until they stop to stand in front of you, at which point you'll have already taken damage.

It shouldn't be THAT hard. Enough of them in the open, say three or more, should be serious cause for concern, but one or two should not be such a pain to deal with.

tl;dr - slow em down!

run backwards, wait for them to take a swing, shoot