davidcastle

Any Fun Firefights?

I had couple good ones just last night.

Was me and a friend both were going by CHERN when we saw a tent in the open field to the north. This immediately did not look right as we saw dead zed bodies by the apartments. We scan the apartments and sure enough we see a sniper on top. What we didn't know was the hell about to wake when we shot that sniper.

We move a little to the NW tree line, both of us line up our DMRs and utterly smash that guy. Not 5 seconds later bullets start whizzing past out head. We tactically retreat back into the trees and head east a little. We look out across the town and spot 3 guys, one on the grain silos, and two on the apartments. What ensued was a 20 minute sniper firefight. I switch to my Mk48 and start laying down some cover on the guys at the apartments while my friend keeps the guy on the grain silo pinned behind what looks like an air conditioning unit. One the guy on top is pinned, my friend turns and snipes one of the guys on the apartment while I keep the 2nd guy on the apartment down. The guy on the grain silo must have noticed because he starts sending rounds at my friend. I switch back to my DMR and repin him. This happens as I start taking shots from the apartment a little closer. It seems there was a 5th person at the apartments who is now peppering my location with direct automatic fire. I quick roll behind a rock call out the guy and my friend peaks behind a tree and ends him. I now look up at the silo and see the guy trying to move to a new spot on the silo. We repin him. We then turn back to the guy on the apartments and nail him too. We then get into a 5 minute peak-a-boo sniper fight with the guy on the grain silo hitting him once. Realizing that he was a little girl and no one could transfuse him up there he DCs.

=)

The other one, I'll do quick, but we pinned a couple guys under a bridge east of chern with my 240 then start taking sniper fire from that huge mountain near elektro. Crazy flanking from 3 teams happen and we kill everyone except a guy called Oogie who DCs. We tell his friends to tell oogie to come back on and die like a man or wed post video and screens of him cheating. He does, and we show him justice.

Sniper fights are lame/over rated...

Me and 3 other people in my group engaged 5 others at the NW airfield (All parties armed with very decent automatic weapons).

To start out our fight, we rigged 2 main/enterable buildings with satchel charges and waited for people to get close enough to use them. Once a Jeep filled with 5 guys arrived, they unassed the vehicle and begane to scavenge. Once the north barracks and the ATC became inhabited we blew the buildings and killed 2. Almost immediately automatic fire errupted and pinned down the 3 individuals covering the scavenging crew. With the three individuals pinned down, my team flanked as I provided supressive fire. The 3 pinned units began throwing grenades at my direction of fire but were unsuccessful, but then one of them unleashed an AT4 and shot it in my direction. It wounded me and put me at 4k blood. As I went down, my team killed all three. We looted their bodies and scored an Mk48, AS50, and an M4SD. We couldn't find the bodies of the people in the tower or barracks. It was an intense firefight. Lasted maybe 3 minutes.

heh.... are AT4's and Satchel Charges even on the loot list?

Yes they are.

Had a good one in Stary, I sat on the hill south of Stary, 600m from the camp while two friends went into town. Ended up engaging 5 people, I got a 800-850m shot as a guy ran over the top of the hill away from stary to the north, my friends picked off 2 each in town, and although they had injuries, got out alive :D

Firefights in this are intense!

Had a nice one yesterday...

Had just woken up on the beach and done a lap through chern. My friends were up at Stary and my goal was to get kitted up somewhat and get to running. However the lack of food spawns put that on hold...

In looking for some beans I came across a silenced mp5 and 2 mags, sweet I thought, I'll just get going now. Thats when the greed kicked in.

On my way out of North Chern across the field, I see 4 players running east. I prone unseen, a few hundreds clicks from them. Creeping closer I ask if friendly, they look around a bit but I get no response.

The hunt begins... I should have just left them but again... the greed. I track them unseen for a good 10 minutes. I watch them kill a survivor in chern, and then huddle down on the back of a building. From my vantage point above them on the hill I can see them derping around.

It takes about 2 minutes, but I am able to find a moment when they all had their back to me. "pop". The one closest to me drops, headshot. They didn't even hear it, and couldn't see me in the grass. Panic sets in, the remaining 3 scatter, my murders go up by 1.

Remaining absolutely stationary I just wait... one comes back to investigate. "pop" he falls, murder #2. Gunfire erupts from the remaining two, zeds rush the scene and they scatter.

I see the third run deep into Chern. Having no idea what was going on or any clue to my position, I assumed the 4th joined him. I see zombies trailing but feel safe enough to loot. This was my mistake... Survivor #4 had been hiding behind a wall waiting for this moment. With zombies running everywhere I catch a slug to the leg, dropping down uselessly crippled.

At this point I just start spraying. Hit him in the legs as well, he drops about 10 yards from me with at least 10 zombies mauling us with more on the way. We both switch to sidearms blasting away at each other and the horde. Needless to say we were both food at this point.

3-1 aint bad, got a bit greedy or I could have escaped with my life. The adrenaline of stalking groups that don't know your position is great, and watching the panic set in as 2 friends drop down dead without hearing a shot was worth the trip back to the beach.

I've had plenty that weren't fun. Mostly ending with the other guy desyncing into a wall, then I drop dead...

Not much of a firefight, but the first one i won. Looting a barn north of Zelenogorsk suddenly had gunfire pinning off the floor around me.

Sprinted a bit and dived to the floor, getting out my...crossbow >.>... luckilly the guy must have lost sight of me in the grass, next thing i know i see a guy in a ghille suit with a shotgun running up on me from my right sight like 20 meters away.

He stops and crouches, I aim. We both fire. He catches me a glancing blow with his shotgun (M1911 or whatever it's called) almost killing me, and my bolt hits him right in the face and he drops :P.

Then a zombie eats him. None aggro'd on me thanks to the crossbows silence :D.

Not an impressive fight but i was pretty elated afterwards, he was waaay better equipped then me.

One time at night in Stary, me and a buddy were investigating the tents; me on the northern ones, him on the southern ones. Then, just as we're about halfway down them, my buddy hears a shot ring out from the hill north of the tents.

We both dive into our respective tents. I'm covered quite well in mine, but he's got an open view of the hill, and thus the sniper.

My friend begins taking shots at the sniper with his CZ 550, while I cover his ass from the swarm of zombies coming towards us and any possible players by with my AKM, since I'm in the tent opposite him.

Then a second guy turns up; I can't see what's going on, but my buddy gets through about three mags worth of ammo as he peppers the two snipers with CZ 550 shots, but the enemy sniper lands a hit.

I have to dash to my buddy's tent, heal him and give painkillers, as well as fighting off zeds with my PDW, while he manages to kill the sniper and send the second guy running off into the woods.

After scouting around for the second guy, we finally loot the sniper's corpse, and my buddy ended up with his very first DMR.