Can we please get rid of them? They make it far to easy to plot a route into and out of towns. They persist when the zombies are walking on the other side of objects( ie a wall) to me this ruins the tension and nerves of bumping into one or missing one when you scope the place out.

Not a huge deal but one I would like to see fixed, other than that awesome job and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Stop playing on Recruit difficulty servers.

Awesomely constructive response

Stop playing on Recruit difficulty servers.

Awesomely constructive response

He has a point. Go to a server that has a higher difficulty and you won't have that issue. It seems like you're complaining about something that is your own fault. :/

Obviously the OP did not know about server difficulty. Thats no reason to jump his shit.

No one was. Freek314 just pointed it out and he decided to be a smartass. :/

On the flipside, I think the "halo's" as you call them were introduced by the ARMA2 developers to better simulate that sense of peripheral vision that FPS's don't have by nature of their tunnel vision view. Granted you can free look (I do it constantly with and without Track-IR), but it does try to make up for all of the little sounds and cues that are missing in a PC game (like cruching gravel, a broken stick, smell or just a sixth sense).

In the end, I personally think it need to be reduced 75%, but I do still like it. Of course, as has been said, you can opt for veteran or expert servers where the setting for halos is turned off.

Lol. So that's what that is-- I can't really see them when I play at home, because there's a bit of overscan on my DLP TV-- the "halos" if I am thinking of the same thing, are just under the bezel. I can sometimes see edges of some effect flicking around the sides of the screen-- I thought they were lens flares.

:D

OK I hold my hands up , did not know that I was on a recruit server. The "smartass" comment was since a lot of responses are just trolling, which I thought this was. Once again I apologise for being a doofus and appreciate the help.