Ohly

Bury your stuff

you know, dropping your things into a tent is a way to -- drop your things.. --

but it happend often that iM equiping myself with goods that someone else drop into HIS tent..

btw i dont use tents because i'm stealing them, no need of one.

so i just had this idea 2 min ago, why would'nt we bury some stuff using an entrenching tool

so we could bury little things, like food or something else that fit in a backpack,

i Mean we wont be able to bury a car to keep it just for you !

easy and simple, harder to find,, but remember where you did it !

• Like 18

I actually like this idea, a little mole hole kinda thing where you bury things aswell.

• Like 1

This is honestly one thing that I don't think I've ever seen suggested before.

And it's pretty damn obvious, now that I think of it. If I really wanted to hide someting, and I had a shovel, I'd totally do it.

+1, most original idea I've seen all week.

• Like 1

This is honestly one thing that I don't think I've ever seen suggested before.

And it's pretty damn obvious, now that I think of it. If I really wanted to hide someting, and I had a shovel, I'd totally do it.

+1, most original idea I've seen all week.

To +1 you give beans ;).

Actually, it has been suggested before.

For the life of me, I can't find the thread, but I was surprised at how many people thought this was original. Just trust me on this one.

Not that it's a bad idea, of course, but I think this would make DayZ just a bit (and I honestly mean just a bit, not being sarcastic or inaccurate here) too much like a pirate game rather than a zombie apocalypse game.

I can already picture people making photoshopped images and jokes about pirate-related things and DayZ.

For the life of me, I can't find the thread, but I was surprised at how many people thought this was original. Just trust me on this one.

Not that it's a bad idea, of course, but I think this would make DayZ just a bit (and I honestly mean just a bit, not being sarcastic or inaccurate here) too much like a pirate game rather than a zombie apocalypse game.

I can already picture people making photoshopped images and jokes about pirate-related things and DayZ.

I searched aswell and who cares about pirate photoshops, this is a really good idea :P.

Argh! You land-lubbers trying to take m'beans!?

• Like 2

This is actually a pretty decent ideal. You would need a shovel or a entrenching tool. It would be hard to relocate your stuff. Also metal detectors could be added in the game to find buried sh*t.

Yeah this has been suggested multiple times before, but a brilliant idea it is nonetheless. Maybe you could dig a little foxhole with an entrenching kit, put yer' booty down there, and cover it up with a camouflaged piece of wood or sheet metal.

I suggested this in the big SA suggestion thread a few months ago.

Buried caches could have a small marker on top of them (a wooden steak for example).

Or maybe none at all. It's up to the individual to remember where the stash is or risk losing what's in it.

Maybe add a small chance for items to degrade?

I don't feel like I'm really adding anything to the thread when I say that this idea is actually a really good one! I've never heard of this idea yet, and it's so simple! Maybe to balance it, you could only have a few mole holes around at one time with enough room for say.. 12 slots or so? And you could have the option to mark it via wooden stake, like mentioned above, or camouflaged with leaves or sheet metal or something.. I also really like the chance to degrade idea as well!

I'd really like to see this implemented in the standalone or something.

560509_10200607454777710_610560249_n.jpg

How is it ?

I think it may add to the feeling of the zombie apocalypse.

On a side note, think about how stupid you'd feel if you forgot where you buried your stuff. There should be a marker option :)

I like the idea. I'm sure in a zombie apocalypse plenty of people would be hiding, burying stuff, and avoiding survivors.

I like the idea of not having markers, and just remembering where you buried your stuff. You could jot down how many paces it is from an unmovable object in whichever direction on a sticky note to remember.

That would actually be pretty cool.. Let's say you jot down in-game where your loot is hidden, then if you're killed, whoever killed you can then perhaps go on a bit of a treasure hunt?

The idea is kinda nice, but if you bury things, then tents will lose their value. You could just drop things on the floor also, if you do it in the woods it would probably look like its buried.

don't know how this would affect servers either having buried items all over the map. Unless it has the same 7 days to destroy system.

so burying things must be really limited to simple object that only takes one slut unto your backpack

what i think is that you would need another backpack to to bury stuff such as a coyote patrol pack (12 slut, not enaugh to a riffle )

so you dig your hole you pack up this bag of goods and bury it..

so you have a safe place for your after death respawn, so you got some food, extra bandage and kinda axe or pistol if you want to ?

so burying things must be really limited to simple object that only takes one slut unto your backpack

what i think is that you would need another backpack to to bury stuff such as a coyote patrol pack (12 slut, not enaugh to a riffle )

so you dig your hole you pack up this bag of goods and bury it..

so you have a safe place for your after death respawn, so you got some food, extra bandage and kinda axe or pistol if you want to ?

I like the backpack idea, but I think it would be more balanced to have the stuff you bury maybe disappear after you die.. Just to balance it. Otherwise no one will be early looting after a fresh spawn, they'll just be running to their secret stash.

right.... but when people have a camp and they die , they alerdy just run to their camp ..

it will need some defined limitations !

right.... but when people have a camp and they die , they alerdy just run to their camp ..

it will need some defined limitations !

I guess the trade off for that is that tents are, despite being camouflaged, much much easier to spot and everyone can loot it easily?

I guess the trade off for that is that tents are, despite being camouflaged, much much easier to spot and everyone can loot it easily?

thats the point on having a limited space that is 90% safe

because i say it into the post, me, i'm stealing the others tents, and there is good stuff to steal there !

no no no no

burying stuff is good, great even, but it should degrade after 1-2 days, and disapear completely once you die.

could be used for looting, before you enter a town you drop some stuff, than come back to get it

but tell me, whats the point on having a buried backpack if its going to disapear after you died?

when you put things into a tent, if you died, the things you put into the tent won't disapear, why would this be different ?

if you remember you can only have a limited number of holes(buried stuff)at the same time!

Edited by Ohly