Sign in to follow this  
ishootcats

Why is everyone shooting on sight today?

I know the number 1 rule of dayZ is not to trust anyone and survive but this seriously getting fucking anoying. What I love about dayZ is the fact that you have determine wether someone is friendly or a bandit now don't get me wrong I know bandits are what make DayZ a more of a challenge but it's seriously annoying how players in general now are shooting everything that moves it makes the game in general frustating(also boring) and forces a player to avoid big towns all together and just scavenge around in small towns. This is just rant I know a lot of you will disagree which is fine but I just felt I had to rant about this.

• Like 1

I was unarmed and shot by someone known to be friendly today... He knew I was a medic too, and had confirmed I had to no weapons either. Strange.

Anyways he didn't check my body so he forgot to pick up my GPS and when he left the building my friend who was waiting in case this happened popped him twice with the SVD. I need to stop helping people and go back to my old bandit ways.

• Like 1

It's one thing when you're ranting and people may agree or disagree with you, it's quite another when the exact same thread has been posted literally hundreds of times.

However, I think that why most people shoot on sight is that people they come across can:

a ) wound or kill them

b ) destroy/damage the vehicle they're in, if any

c ) wound or kill teammates, if any

d ) run off and alert enemy groups, if any

e ) provide some nice gear

Edited by FlamingDefibs
  • Like 1

I was unarmed and shot by someone known to be friendly today... He knew I was a medic too, and had confirmed I had to no weapons either. Strange.

Anyways he didn't check my body so he forgot to pick up my GPS and when he left the building my friend who was waiting in case this happened popped him twice with the SVD. I need to stop helping people and go back to my old bandit ways.

I was killed by someone I just gave a blood transfusion to..

"Why is everybody shooting on sight today?"

- Because you are running around like a fool with a train of zombies behind you clearly not bothering to watch out for other players. You may as well just stand in the middle of Elektro and shoot a makarov once and admire the zombies that come and eat your face off.

I was killed by someone I just gave a blood transfusion to..

That was why I went there, he asked for a blood transfusion. Free of charge I went across the map to help him. What a chump.

I don't and my brother doesn't. I've also run into a few people who didn't. It's not completely hopeless.

I actually went the other way today - was a fresh spawn, so figured I had nothing to lose by going to a Fire Station in Elektro. As I got there, saw a guy with an AK going in before me, so I announced on Direct Chat I was unarmed, just looking for early-game loot like maps and hatchets and was going to be coming in behind him.

When I found an MP5 on the top floor, I offered it to him first out of politeness - he declined and simply asked that I didn't pick it up until he was out of the courtyard outside, which I complied with.

So yeah. The last place I expected to find a reasonable and friendly survivor was the fire station in Elektro. Next I'll be finding friendly snipers on the NWAF!

The paranoia mentalilty is out there. I spawned and visited Elektro (nothing to loose) found a few basic stuff and decided to leave - I had enough to carry on my journey.

Before leaving, since I had a L-E with ammo and an M-16A2 without ammo I decided to leave the M-16 near the barn NW of the power station and I typed on the chat a message to everybody explaining where it was so anybody could have collected it. I moved further away and I waited maybe 15 minutes looking at that barn.

Nobody arrived.

_Anubis_

It's just that there is very literally nothing to gain from being a good guy. Becoming a Hero is so tedious that it's not worth it to do, especially since people will STILL kill you regardless.

The only reason I don't KOS is because holding people up is oh so much more fun.

MUST RESIST SPELLING MISTAKES...

But on a more serious note I do agree. Most of my encounters are either hey I'm friendly BANG them asking for almost anything (help,guns,supplies) BANG and once maybe 10 lives hey bro I'm friendly... How did he log out so fast?