Sign in to follow this  
UnarmedCiv

[CLOSED] Becoming a Zombie (Not playing as zombie)

APPARENTLY. WE ARE IMMUNE TO BECOMING ZOMBIES. I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS INFO IS, BUT ITS NOT ON THE DAYZ MOD MAIN PAGE. I suppose this is a topic for a different game.

YOU HAVE BEEN BIT!

Its only a matter of time before the infection fully takes over your body. You need to find antibiotics. There is still some time to go looting.

There are several signs that show your progression towards being a zombie:

Stage 1 - Coughing (exists): You cough randomly

Stage 2 - Trembling and Visual changes: Shaking as with pain. All objects become shadows. Different than blood loss visual changes.

Stage 3 - Gazing: When you are within 10* feet of a visual player, you randomly face you body towards them them for 5* seconds. The hunger is setting in.

Stage 4 - Walking: When you are within 20* feet of a visual player, you start walking towards them for 2* seconds. You stop. Stage 3 timers run out. Luckily, You were able to snap yourself out of it.

Stage 5 - Zombie: You can no longer control your body's urges. You are now spectating an AI. Active weapons drop, all other items stay on the body.

"YOU ARE DEAD" screen pops up after being zombie for 10 seconds. Your body still roams as an AI (full of nice loot). Player-turned zombies should be stronger and more aggressive to balance the potentially nice loot.

Each stage should have special animation so that nearby players know your state. Ie. Stage 3: left arm raises up in a bent manner. Not fully extended. Head tilts

*Timing and distances are only for a general reference.

Edited by UnarmedCiv

Congratulations. You are the 10th person to post this today. Seriously... This is posted like twice a day at least. I don't usually mind people re-suggesting things, but come on. This is seriously posted every day.

Congratulations. You are the 10th person to post this today. Seriously... This is posted like twice a day at least. I don't usually mind people re-suggesting things, but come on. This is seriously posted every day.

I think there is still another in the recent chatter thing.

Edit: Yup: http://i.imgur.com/3Nkxc9g.jpg

Edited by MacabreLlama99

Both of you just assumed. You didnt even read my post.

Edited by UnarmedCiv

Both of you just assumed. You didnt even read my post.

It's basically the same thing as the one that was posted an hour earlier. When in doubt, just use the search function.

I started to post over an hour before i posted. Life happens. Couldnt do it all in one sitting. He and i probably started near the same time..

either way... mines more about the path to being zombie.

"Becoming a zombie" and "Becoming a zombie" can mean 2 completely different things.

EDIT: Think im going to change the title so that you actually read before saying its been suggested already.

Edited by UnarmedCiv

"Becoming a zombie" and "Becoming a zombie" sounds exactly the same to me. Maybe I'm just dumb or something and can't see the difference.

I started to post over an hour before i posted. Life happens. Couldnt do it all in one sitting. He and i probably started near the same time..

either way... mines more about the path to being zombie.

"Becoming a zombie" and "Becoming a zombie" can mean 2 completely different things.

EDIT: Think im going to change the title so that you actually read before saying its been suggested already.

That's fine, but you should still search for similar topics before starting a post. This has been posted countless times, and the response is always the same: All of the survivors are immune. I think it says so on the main DayZ mod page.

No zombies. All survivors are immune.

/thread

whats with coughing and antibiotics?

Edited by UnarmedCiv

That's fine, but you should still search for similar topics before starting a post. This has been posted countless times, and the response is always the same: All of the survivors are immune. I think it says so on the main DayZ mod page.

I was under the impression thaat when you get that cough, its the start of the infection when you were hit by a zombie. and you need antibiotics to cure it.

I don't know actually I don't have the game, or a computer to handle it. I just watch videos for now.

Antiobiotics are usually for sick people. You can get sick from weather in this game, so I assume that's what they're for. Coughing? I don't know maybe again sick from weather? Also they want to add diseases, or something along the lines of the survivor being sick. Not infected as they're immune to the virus.

Metal Gear Solid you could get sick from being out in the weather for too long. You would sneeze, and alert enemies. They even had some kind of pill, or antibiotic to keep you from sneezing.

There's a difference between having an infection an THE Infection. Rocket has confirmed, all survivors are IMMUNE, All Survivors are IMMUNE, ALL SURVIVORS ARE IMMUNE. The infection we occasionally get and the infections Rocket talks about players getting are the kinda things that come around due to poor hygiene, since the 'Zombies' aren't very concerned with brushing, being bitten would result in an nasty infection (the human mouth is loaded with bacteria on a good day) but not the 'zombie virus'. Congrats you just got HIV, smallpox, and strep from being bitten, time to go get some penicillin.