ShokeR (DayZ)

Suggestion - Coming back as zombie (please read)

When i say coming back as a zombie i don't mean you can play as a zombie.

In the standalone you can change your clothes and things like that, so it will be cool after you die, your body will raise up as a zombie(computer zombie, like all the zombies) with the same clothing you had and same gear.

So if you don't take the gear before the zombie raise, you will need to kill him.

By adding this , players will have chance to make risk plays, like shooting a zombie in a city which can cause some problems.

This could be very funny to see, someone you just killed now become a zombie trying to kill you :P

p.s

Sry for my bad english

Edited by ShokeR
  • Like 1

That would be cool. Rocket doesn't want player controlled zombies. I would think there would be some extra stuff to code for something like that.

However as the story has it all the people that are not a zombie are immune to the virus, so they wouldn't turn into zombies. At least what I understand.

Yea it doesn't as of now. Rocket has stated he's working with his brother (a viroligist) to create a virus for the game to give it some backstory. I know people have stated all left alive are immune to the virus. I think that was what Rocket said.

It's a cool concept, but other features that could be added in place of this one would be entertained instead. I mean there's no real reason to add it except it's cool.

Rocket has stated that the 'zombies' aren't really dead, they're just 'rabid' (think 28 days later, or a tweaking meth addict). Which is why you can take one out without destroying the head/brain. As stated before, we (the survivors) are immune from the virus (otherwise we'd be zombies). So this is pretty much confirmed as a no, both that we will never be able to 'play' as zombies, and player's bodies will not reanimate.

As big said, the 'zombies' aren't dead, they are just infected people. If they die they're dead and if we die we're dead, no coming back for either side.

As stated before, we (the survivors) are immune from the virus (otherwise we'd be zombies).

Then why do we get infected in the game, start coughing, need antibiotics, and die from the virus? Is this a different infection that the zombies give us?

Then why do we get infected in the game, start coughing, need antibiotics, and die from the virus? Is this a different infection that the zombies give us?

Yes, yes it is

Sorry, buddy, but I hope you realize there are *other* bacterial/virological illnesses than just zombie-virus.

Otherwise we'd be screwed.

Yes, yes it is

Well, that backfired...

There's a difference between having an infection an THE Infection. Rocket has confirmed, all survivors are IMMUNE, All Survivors are IMMUNE, ALL SURVIVORS ARE IMMUNE. The infection we occasionally get and the infections Rocket talks about players getting are the kinda things that come around due to poor hygiene, since the 'Zombies' aren't very concerned with brushing, being bitten would result in an nasty infection (the human mouth is loaded with bacteria on a good day) but not the 'zombie virus'. Congrats you just got HIV, smallpox, and strep from being bitten, time to go get some penicillin.

From your own topic on the exact same subject.

That would be cool. Rocket doesn't want player controlled zombies. I would think there would be some extra stuff to code for something like that.

However as the story has it all the people that are not a zombie are immune to the virus, so they wouldn't turn into zombies. At least what I understand.

^Exactly what I heard too. Therefore this topic is invalid :P JK, I really like the idea. Infact a tougher, meaner zombie than the others would be even better! Maybe make him loud too, nice and scary >:D

How many times is this going to get suggested?

Do i need to get my shovel?

Edited by GOD™

Use the search button, been suggested a-many times.

i dont think people get that these arent zombies. these people didnt die. and then came back. they just got the virus and became whatever they are. as rocket has been trying to say. so dying and coming back isnt really an option.