leo235

Walk like a zombie on pressing shift / play dead

could we have a zombie animation on people who are sneaking/slowmoving?

would be even better if zombiekilled players would also get up after death to have more backpack zombies.

I dont know

Whats the scoop on movement speeds of zombies? are the standing ones usually faster or slower than a sneaking survivor?

Should this also fool zombies to make cities hilarious places of pretending players meeting oneanother on the street?

AFTER 30 replies:

Whats the scoop on movement speeds of zombies? are the standing ones usually faster or slower than a sneaking survivor?

no really, how does a nonaggroed standing zombiewalk compare to a player shiftwalking right now?

Should this also fool zombies to make cities hilarious places of pretending players meeting oneanother on the street?

That is what we call a question. It is not ( as in NOT) a statement that it should fool zombies. Although there is a worthy discussion. For example if this was implemented only for players who dont wear a backpack and have to smear themselves with blood of a dead zombie for it then it seems kinda balanced to me.

(man in my head that sounds so fun. You are in a city and one of the zombies is following you suspiciously well...)

would be even better if zombiekilled players would also get up after death to have more backpack zombies.

Or just add zombies that look like players. in any case. more ambiguity please.

ALSO WHY CANT WE PLAY DEAD? I WANNA LIE DOWN AS IF I WAS SHOT.

get a message when the other player is checking out your body, he gets a message youre just pretending => its on!

"Walker" type zombies will sprint like fucking KENYANS if they detect you.

No stupid QTE events like other games.

Hoppers, the monkey like ones, will pickup the pace and crawlers will haul ass.

No stupid QTE events like other games.

Where did the QTE comment come from??

He's just saying there's no warning, they just T-1000 it at you and headbutt you with their mouths.

Having the ability to zombie walk would be an interesting way of attempting to camouflage yourself in the open. Though, I would say doing this should just decrease their sensory range on you, not eliminate it. Sort of like if you get too close they still smell you regardless of how good your thriller impersonation is.

While running:

Walkers = Kenyans

Hoppers = Walker's shamble speed.

Crawlers = Prone crawl speed.

"Walker" type zombies will sprint like fucking KENYANS if they detect you.

Hoppers' date=' the monkey like ones, will pickup the pace and crawlers will haul ass.

[/quote']

I meant normally as in when theyre not aggro'd. It would be easy to spot a human player in zombiewalk when theyre different speed than all the other zombies

I only see this as being another reason why people would either accidentally shoot each other.

That would be the risk you run in exchange for the increased safety of fooling the zombies with your shambling.

I dont think players kill other players "accidenially" all too often. The player in zombiewalk would also have good chance to spot players coming in and get out of the way. Although turning your head would identify you as a player.

So why does this thread not have 30 responses yet?

Tell me what makes this idea so shitty?

Why would lack of responses denote shitty?

Maybe it lacks responses as nobody disagrees and simply nods when they see it.

I only see this as being another reason why people would either "accidentally" wink wink nudge nudge' date=' shoot each other.

[/quote']

Fixed

Sneaking around zombies is easy enough, all this does is make it easier. Right now, you have to be patient to get the loot, crawl and slow walk passed zombies. What you want is a fun little animation you can play with, whilst also making getting past zombies easier. What if I don't want to look like a zombie while slow walking? Am I now forced to zombie walk? You're carrying a gun, what happens to that gun when you do your cute zombie walk?

Stupid idea. Why shouldnt everyone also turn into a zed so we can eat our brains! We are survivors not zombie actors.

Could your response not have been more respectful. Dismiss the idea, should you disagree with it, but do so without being quite so aggressive.

I got insulted a few times today cause of my suggestion, why shouldnt I do that?

Well (ignoring the ignorant) I thought the idea was more like an additional walk cycle. I wasn't picturing it as replacing the existing slow walk cycle. Though my way of picturing it might not be possible in a mod. Also, what happens to your gun when you do your cute ladder climb? It disappears doesn't it? Like there's some way of not holding it all the time built into the game.

I got insulted a few times today cause of my suggestion' date=' why shouldnt I do that?

[/quote']

Because you're not 12?

***I love this idea, as right now, players are instantly identifiable by movements. I don't think anyone walks standing up, we all walk crouched, so perhaps just replace the standing-walking animation with the zombie walk, and perhaps dropping visibility by -1 for doing the zombie walk.

Would be extra cool, if you could take zombie clothing to better hide yourself as a zombie. Then you could ultimately remove your backpack and pretty much look exactly like a zombie minus your gun... which I suppose you could hide in your on-player inventory, making you look nearly exactly like a zombie minus the fucked up skin/face... which, if you let someone marcov you to the face, might be something you could also change.

Would mainly be a PVP feature of course. and I think clothing is more important there. .. Since we all choose to wear white shirts in the Apocalypse so that we could bleach out all the blood stains I bet...

Many zombie movies include dressing up like zombies, or laying in a group of dead bodies to evade people or zombies. I think the engine would fully support this, if even they added zombie clothing as a % drop off zombies.

I am keen on the idea that players killed by zombies end up as AI zombies too.

This will discourage people from just picking their gear back up off their dead body.

Would be good if the hatchet attack animation is used with the weapon the player last had before being infected. That means you will get more dangerous zombies which can bludgeon you with a rifle.

doing much better on the 30 replies now. good

Hmm yeah, so normal slowwalk would probably be lost, or it would be something complicated like having an option to smear zombie-skin on you near a dead zombie after which your animation is changed, but I just think it would be awesome to just wander near cherno with your gun in the inventory and no backpack looking exactly like zombies and waiting for other players.

This would make zombies more scary, because they could actually be players.

and again. dead players should get up.

This is what it looks like when some insecure idiot who comments on how many replies he is expecting bumps his own thread, because he likes his idea and wants to hear other people tell him why it could actually suck.

sniff sniff ... do ya smell that? smells like ... A TROLL!

OH... and zombie walk , good idea. (i know, i said that before)

holding shift ... not such a good idea

I am keen on the idea that players killed by zombies end up as AI zombies too.

This will discourage people from just picking their gear back up off their dead body.

Would be good if the hatchet attack animation is used with the weapon the player last had before being infected. That means you will get more dangerous zombies which can bludgeon you with a rifle.

good idea