Mattitude777

Starting over

So by now most of you reading these forums have encountered "end game" so to speak. Have any of you gone "Sheesh, I'm kinda bored"? The following question may not apply to Psychobandits (bambi killers) and regular bandits, coz most of em get kicks out of shouting "Hasta la vista, madarfaykar" and then shooting someone in the lip, but hear me out: Has anyone considered starting anew? Most of you are probably mentally screaming "BLASPHEMER!!!" And are ready to skip to flaming my post, but have you ever considered it? What if you had to commit suicide and just leave your corpse, your vehicles, your camp behind? I personally found the game more fun when there was less military loot involved. If you have restarted for whatever reason, lemme know, I'd like to see the different opinions on this topic

A friend and I frequently play together as "heroes" generally... We gear together, find vehicles and repair them, kill bandits every so often, yadda yadda.. But our quests always seem to end soon after finding our helicopter.

We will fly around Chernarus after fixing up the helo, giving new spawns rides to NWAF, NEAF, Stary Sobor, etc.. Anywhere really, acting as a taxi for people. It's actually good fun helping people. We like taking the risk of playing with complete strangers, and some people actually turn out to be pretty friendly.

However, sooner or later, some tragic event unfolds and we lose the helicopter, one of us dies or we lose a bunch of gear, and it leaves us sort of "half the men we were", so to speak. So in the end, we decide instead of just finding maybe a gun and a ghillie suit along with a car to be right where we were at, we're going to just jump in a crowd of zombies or jump off of the firestation roof, spawning new characters and have the fun of building up anew.

A lot of people hate the whole looting process up until you get your end game loot, but I actually kind of enjoy it. It feels nice to start fresh, taking things slow, and not excessively worrying about "Who is going to steal my UAZ this time".

• Like 1

I found it interesting to have several 'lives' in parallel on different private servers. My avatars are at different stages and when I am bored with one, I switch to the next.

Also interesting to try different tactics, locations, paths and meet/talk with more players.

Like Garblax, I find the initial collector phase the most interesting one.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_
  • Like 1

I dont mind keeping my character, but bandits and zeds have quite the contrary opinion on that subject.

Trust me, starting over again and again becomes boring, too!

I've done it before, but I gear up so quick now it doesn't work. :/

I usually can manage to find some sort of high-end military weapon (M16 or something of the sort), large backpack, plenty of food and medical supplies in under 45 minutes. So I'm just always usually an end gamer. Once I get all that I can hit up the NWAF and then what? I have an M4A1 CCO SD, Ghillie, and maybe a sniper in about 3 hours of starting. I still love the game though.

I've done it before, but I gear up so quick now it doesn't work. :/

I usually can manage to find some sort of high-end military weapon (M16 or something of the sort), large backpack, plenty of food and medical supplies in under 45 minutes. So I'm just always usually an end gamer. Once I get all that I can hit up the NWAF and then what? I have an M4A1 CCO SD, Ghillie, and maybe a sniper in about 3 hours of starting. I still love the game though.

1) Try getting that setup spawning at solnichniy, much harder.

2) How in holy hell can you find a ghillie, M4A1 CCO SD and maybe a sniper at the NWAF? I never find anything there, just a load of tin cans and M1014s everywhere. To have that much luck!

Is there a way that people manage these amazing hauls from one trip to he NWAF that I'm oblivious to? Maybe it's loot cycling and server hopping.

Sorry to moan, and I'm not accusing you of exploits here, it's just the NWAF seems a lot more risk than the worth of the stuff I usually find there.

Pfft, you make it sound like finding vehicles, helicopters and gear is difficult or something.

It's a grind and that is all it is. There is no fun in that...

But yes, considering every vehicle and helicopter i have ever been in possession of has been used for shenanigans (and inevitably exploded in big fireballs etc) and i am still alive with my fully geared -60,000 humanity 24/7 PvP bandit of doom... I am looking forwards to starting over. In fact i am urging everyone on the server i play on to kill me so i can start anew. Not because i am bored if having it all but because i am bored of the lack of action i see still.

Starting over means i get to use such lovely weapons as the makarov, Lee Enfield, Winchester and whatever else again. Though it probably wont take long before i kill another "try hard hoarder noob" out in the middle of nowhere and take his stuff.

EDIT:

Really, spending hours upon hours building bases, gathering vehicles of all sorts etc... What's the bloody point?

Just grab a weapon. Any weapon and go do PvP instead.

Edited by X0TCadde

I had to laugh at the first reply posted. I must admit that I share most of the feelings there. Lately DayZ has consisted of me:

1) Doing something retarded like walking in between two tents and running back to my corpse/base

2) Being shoved off the mortal coil by a bandit and running back to my corpse/base

3) Being chowed by a zed and running back to my corpse/base

4) Speeding down a long straight road only to have my lag decide to spawn a washing machine in front of me and running back to my corpse/base

See the main trend? But some niggling nerve makes me OCD in a way wherein if I decide to restart, I must kill myself, not have a bandit or hungry zed kill me, even if I'm planning to start from scratch. Darn you illogical brain! :/

I had to laugh at the first reply posted. I must admit that I share most of the feelings there. Lately DayZ has consisted of me:

1) Doing something retarded like walking in between two tents and running back to my corpse/base

2) Being shoved off the mortal coil by a bandit and running back to my corpse/base

4) Speeding down a long straight road only to have my lag decide to spawn a washing machine in front of me and running back to my corpse/base

See the main trend? But some niggling nerve makes me OCD in a way wherein if I decide to restart, I must kill myself, not have a bandit or hungry zed kill me, even if I'm planning to start from scratch. Darn you illogical brain! :/