Sign in to follow this  
lowkey

Zed spawn range

I think the zed spawn range needs to be changed. I know this has been talked about in other threads, but not in to much detail, or when discussing other zed aspects, so .

Current:

Zeds spawn at about 200m

A smart player stops outside spawn range and checks for zed spawn to see if anyone is in thee town.

Bandits sit outside spawn range waiting to see zeds show up so they know there is a player around.

What fun is that? I have played as a bandit, and with the spawn distance what it is, I can tell you it is not hard. I have also hunted bandits, and again, not hard due to spawn distance. I would give stratigies, but I beleive the player should figure those out themselves.

Suggestion:

Tie spawn range into veiw range. If you can see a spawn point, the zeds should spawn. The server already knows what you can see, or you would not see zeds from any range. As to the idea that this would tie up server resources? The servers are set up to support a set number of zeds, and this would not change that. It would make the game harder for all. Bandits/snipers would have to look for players, not spawns. Survivors would never know if someone was in the town or not. There would be alot more random encounters between players outside of the 3 main cities.

All said, I can not think of any downsides, so post them if you can as I would like to hear them.

Have you read any news at all? The spawn will be server side not client side as it is in the mod.

• Like 1