JamesMoore

Let's get a FC3 thing goin on with the lions and stuff...

Add some leopards that might attack you, or animals that actually react to having a player standing infront of them... What's not fun about walking through a forest with your friend and being ripped in half by a bear??? :D

I think DayZ needs to step it up a little. Zombies and :murder: :bandit: shouldn't and aren't the only things in our world, there's birds, and bears, things that you might think about before you walk into a forest at 1 in the morning with your friend. And why aren't there ever zombies in the forests? Sorry if this is cm:sp but i'm not very active on this forum.

its based in russia, why would there be lions and tigers, maybe bears, but still...

because its POST-Soviet Russia, the backwards jokes remain valid in post Soviet areas.

there's birds,

angry birds in dayz

so it has come to this...

Edited by h3retic

Not that much wild life that might want you dead in Chernarus, save for bears maybe. Maybe in SA, but if the zombie animations and general glitchitude is any indicator, I don't think bears have a real place. I do like the idea of a hostile that drops food though. SA for sure.

Sure there is wild animals, and even more so in a post-apocalyptic scenario (based on how long after the event of course) since wildlife would slowly crawl back into areas that have been previously occupied by humans.

But, would wildlife be more aggressive than usual?

Most predators in the wild will stay away from trouble. Bears don't smell you and instantly run after you to pad their K/D ratio :P If you are walking along, especially if you are jogging along, through the woods, most of the wildlife both herbivores such as deer, elks and so on as well as predators like bears, wolves, lynx, bobcats and so on would be loooooong gone. They hear you comming, they don't have an interest in you so they walk away from the noise.

Now, if you corner a wild animal, any wild animal, they'll of course attack. If you surprise a wild animal by crashing through a bush and staring in their face, it is very likely they'll attack if they are predators.

But for wild animals to randomly chase and attack players... I dunno... must be some famished animals then, like a very hungry wolfpack or similar to come after humans. Or do you propose to add infected wildlife?

Sure the current wildlife could be improved and given better AI to make hunting more of a task rather than "Oh look, 3 boars just walked over to my tent so I can kill them". TheHunter is an awesome hunting game and I really wish they had added some of the animals and AI from that game into DayZ. Obviously I don't expect a full-blown TheHunter copy within DayZ, but still... some elements would be good... like having deer in the game, but deer getting spooked fast by noise or smell (we already have noise indicators in DayZ).

In fact, all the wild animals should have a chance to get spooked. Sure, sheep and cows might not run, but rabbits (think they do already, or it's just that they run around like mad and random by default), boars and goats should run from players. Arguably, boars might attack and kill you but hey...

More wildlife would be good, but it would need to be implemented in a sensible way, and not just as wandering, braindead things to shoot. It's part why getting food in the game is so simple once you got hatchet+matches+hunting knife... so many animals and so easy to kill them... and loads of meat per kill.