Sign in to follow this  
zetetick

A couple of Questions, for those in the know

Hi everyone

I'm new to DayZ (but have played ARMA for a while) and there's a couple of things I just can't figure out....

1: Everytime I start playing (even from scratch,after I've died) the thermometer icon is red and I cannot get it to go green (antibiotics/heatpacks/painkillers/sit by fire/ indoors/food)...Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?...is starting with Red thermometer icon normal ?

2: when I put the STATS TAB on screen (just below 'AMMO') it only says my name and how long I survived and what I've shot / Humanity score...shouldn't my blood-count be here ?....if not, does anyone know where the blood-count is shown ?

3: when I die and go to the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen it says "PRESS CHARACTER SELECTION KEY"....does anyone know what key this is ? also what it is called on the key binding list (ESC/ OPTIONS/ CONTROLS) ?

if there's any folks out there in the community who can help me with these answers I'd be grateful to you.

Cheers Guys :)

Hi everyone

I'm new to DayZ (but have played ARMA for a while) and there's a couple of things I just can't figure out....

1: Everytime I start playing (even from scratch,after I've died) the thermometer icon is red and I cannot get it to go green (antibiotics/heatpacks/painkillers/sit by fire/ indoors/food)...Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?...is starting with Red thermometer icon normal ?

2: when I put the STATS TAB on screen (just below 'AMMO') it only says my name and how long I survived and what I've shot / Humanity score...shouldn't my blood-count be here ?....if not, does anyone know where the blood-count is shown ?

3: when I die and go to the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen it says "PRESS CHARACTER SELECTION KEY"....does anyone know what key this is ? also what it is called on the key binding list (ESC/ OPTIONS/ CONTROLS) ?

if there's any folks out there in the community who can help me with these answers I'd be grateful to you.

Cheers Guys :)

1. The icon was changed to go from red to blue. If it's red, then that means your healthy.

2 The debug monitor (aka "stats tab") was replaced with a new one that only shows kills a humanity.

3 I don't know. Join a different server.

3. You need to go back to the lobby. Basicly you are rejoining the action =)

@Connor You have to press Scroll Lock key. Some servers have it disabled though.

Thanks for the replies

you've helped make clear a few things to me, so, no blood stats anymore, thanks Cole for the heads-up on the change to the thermometer, that was really bugging me (and all the old screenshots showed it as green)

I do have one final question tho' if anyone knows the answer...

Q: if you have a decent character with good kit by the end of a evening how do you make sure it's saved ? I found a quiet place and waited for the 'abort' countdown to finish and aborted but when I rejoined another server I was back at square one with nothing ! it says that it saves your characters stuff and stats even to other servers ( I did exit the game to desktop then went back later, is this where I went wrong ? )...it's Reealy disheartening when you've put the hours in and save someone only to have them disappear ! :(

Anyway, thanks again folks, any help or tips is appreciated :D