Sign in to follow this  
Reqz12

I get like 10 frames on DayZ?

well, I recently got Arma 2 and Dayz, and I played the Arma 2 campaign first, and i was playing with 0 lag on high settings, but as soon as i got on dayz, i joined a server, and i was getting like 5 frames, so then i put all of my settings to the lowest possible settings, and still only got 10 frames, so whats the problem? is it my internet? if so how can I fix it? please help! because I dont want to build a new expensive gaming computer thinking it will fix it when the problem was just my internet.

I have friends that complained about low fps when their internet was bad. If your system can run the game on single player I would bet your problem is to do with your internet,

Edited by ApriL

try going to a private hive server with not so many people on.

my fps drops if the server is full and if im in the city

try going to a private hive server with not so many people on.

my fps drops if the server is full and if im in the city

yea i did that and it runs fine, so i just cant be in big servers?

I have friends that complained about low fps when their internet was bad. If your system can run the game on single player I would bet your problem is to do with your internet,

is there anything i can do to fix it?

here are my specs if anyone is wondering, i know they're bad but like i said, the single player runs fine

AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics

AMD Radeon HD 7640G

5.6 GB RAM

1.9 GHz

dont use ultra low settings. that not use the vcard and use the cpu intead. try mid graphics.

yea i did that and it runs fine, so i just cant be in big servers?

you can, but i would recommend u white listed servers. on public servers you cant play for long, you will see tanks in cherno, electro on fire and jets everywhere, that's why the server lags so much.

is there anything i can do to fix it?

This is caused by certain servers that aren't restarted regularly or are poorly maintained. You can join high population servers, but you have to find a good one.

• Like 1

you can, but i would recommend u white listed servers. on public servers you cant play for long, you will see tanks in cherno, electro on fire and jets everywhere, that's why the server lags so much.

thanks god in my country we dont have this. free of hackers for months now.

here are my specs if anyone is wondering, i know they're bad but like i said, the single player runs fine

AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

AMD Radeon HD 7640G

5.6 GB RAM

1.9 GHz

If the 1.9GHz you refered to is your processor, that is your problem right there. The zombies you and others spawn in dayz use up your processor and when it hits max you will drop to an abysmal fps. You need a 3ghz quad core atleast to eliminate that. Also that guy above is right, lower settings are actually more demanding.

This is caused by certain servers that aren't restarted regularly or are poorly maintained. You can join high population servers, but you have to find a good one.

ok so pretty much what everyone is saying is the problem isnt my pc but its the servers? lol sorry guys i just want to know, btw my ping is 42 if that matters lol

If the 1.9GHz you refered to is your processor, that is your problem right there. The zombies you and others spawn in dayz use up your processor and when it hits max you will drop to an abysmal fps. You need a 3ghz quad core atleast to eliminate that. Also that guy above is right, lowest settings are actually more demanding on your cpu, as its using that instead of your video card.

If the 1.9GHz you refered to is your processor, that is your problem right there. The zombies you and others spawn in dayz use up your processor and when it hits max you will drop to an abysmal fps. You need a 3ghz quad core atleast to eliminate that. Also that guy above is right, lower settings are actually more demanding.

yes im talking about the processor, but it goes to 2.8 GHz whenever it needs to, ie when im playing a game.

ok so pretty much what everyone is saying is the problem isnt my pc but its the servers? lol sorry guys i just want to know, btw my ping is 42 if that matters lol

Your PC isn't that great, but you should be doing better, so yes, it's the server. Ping isn't what's causing it by the way. My internet sucks, so I play at around 300 ping at a stable framerate. My advice? Stay away from any servers that say "max vehicles!".

• Like 1

Your PC isn't that great, but you should be doing better, so yes, it's the server. Ping isn't what's causing it by the way. My internet sucks, so I play at around 300 ping at a stable framerate. My advice? Stay away from any servers that say "max vehicles!".

holy crap thanks alot man, those are the only servers i've been joining, and i lowered my preferences in dayz commander to servers with less players. thanks!

• Like 1

holy crap thanks alot man, those are the only servers i've been joining, and i lowered my preferences in dayz commander to servers with less players. thanks!

Just happy to help.

• Like 1