Michaelvoodoo25

SA and Mod compatability!

I was wondering if the two would be able to swap assets? Now, many of us love the mod because of all the variation maps and server differences.

The SA will have enterable buildings, my query is could we transfer the buildings and any other surprises into the mod? I cant see this being hard unless the coding is on another planet.

This would be another reason to keep Arma 2 handy! Just buildings would revamp Arma 2 missions think of all the fun we could have.

I was wondering if the two would be able to swap assets? Now, many of us love the mod because of all the variation maps and server differences.

The SA will have enterable buildings, my query is could we transfer the buildings and any other surprises into the mod? I cant see this being hard unless the coding is on another planet.

This would be another reason to keep Arma 2 handy! Just buildings would revamp Arma 2 missions think of all the fun we could have.

I am going to assume no, only because they are 2 different engines running them, so their assets will not be interchangeable.

I am going to assume no, only because they are 2 different engines running them, so their assets will not be interchangeable.

umm they aren't that different.... they have already ported Utes over from arma 2 into the standalone and you can already find the chernarus map in Take on helicopters game so I think it would be possible. Not only that but you can also use the vehicles from arma 2 in TOH and standalone is basically a upgraded version from that engine.

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

It is probably possible since all ARMA 2 maps were ported to ToH

umm they aren't that different.... they have already ported Utes over from arma 2 into the standalone and you can already find the chernarus map in Take on helicopters game so I think it would be possible. Not only that but you can also use the vehicles from arma 2 in TOH and standalone is basically a upgraded version from that engine.

Not an upgraded version, but a version optimized for Dayz.

I think probably not. I dont think the servers would take it what with all that new space to load and the like.

It would probs be a lot more heavier and the FPS would be 0 in towns.

Regards

Sorry for bad English :P