islipaway

Atmospheric open world spawns.

Perhaps this is already being planned but In order to breath some life into the wilderness areas I think it would be interesting to have some more random spawns in a similar vein to the crashed heli, but more varied. I think I'd best get my idea across with examples:

Along Roads -

Car pile up: Spawns car parts, and basic supplies with a few zombies.

Ambulance crash: Spawns medical supplies, very rare.

Cop Car Crash: Police zombies, low level guns, maps, radios (if that idea is followed up)

Along Coast -

Ship Wreck: Spawns a lot of medium level loot?

Ambient: Washed up tin cans etcs as suggested in another thread.

In Forests -

Hermit Camp: Spawns tent, campfire, basic supplies, small number of zombies.

The content of the spawns and what they are are unimportant, I just feel this sort of thing though not those exact examples could add a level of immersion, add danger outside of towns and some random spawns of better loot gives people a chance to evade those who camp the known spots.

It's a good idea in my opinion. It would have to be sort of spread out though, otherwise you'd just have people on constant circuits between points collecting massive amounts of loot without much interference.

Keep the spawn rate fairly rare but still possible. Would add a fair bit to the running around all the time and keep the whole exploring thing fairly fun and different.

In addition: maybe make the spawn points themselves random when/where they appear. So you don't know exactly where a car accident is at all times. Just to make it a bit more random even after playing for a while. Like a sort of loot point spawner that also spawns the models for cars/helicopters/hermit huts. Also, you wouldn't be so cavalier about breaking into a full run through forests and fields in the off chance one of the wilderness points ends up being spawned near you.

I imagine the crashed heli is a testbed for this kind of thing anyway, but yeah. Very rare spawns and with a low percentage of good loot, they are more about atmosphere than anything. I think along roads would be interesting as at the moment people avoid roads - they are open, they are loud...

I don't claim to understand how the spawning system works but the fact roads give you more speed makes me think they are an identifiable entity to the engine so spawning something near them at a random point isn't infeasible?

In addition: maybe make the spawn points themselves random when/where they appear. So you don't know exactly where a car accident is at all times. Just to make it a bit more random even after playing for a while. Like a sort of loot point spawner that also spawns the models for cars/helicopters/hermit huts. Also' date=' you wouldn't be so cavalier about breaking into a full run through forests and fields in the off chance one of the wilderness points ends up being spawned near you.

[/quote']

Kudos to the original post. I do think one of the team members or rocket mentioned that they are doing heavy randomization on car spawns etc.

Maybe in addition to a downed chopper or plane it would be cool to see heavy black smoke from the distance. This could attract other survivors.. or even bandits ;D. Would pimp up the tension.

In addition: maybe make the spawn points themselves random when/where they appear. So you don't know exactly where a car accident is at all times. Just to make it a bit more random even after playing for a while. Like a sort of loot point spawner that also spawns the models for cars/helicopters/hermit huts. Also' date=' you wouldn't be so cavalier about breaking into a full run through forests and fields in the off chance one of the wilderness points ends up being spawned near you.

[/quote']

Kudos to the original post. I do think one of the team members or rocket mentioned that they are doing heavy randomization on car spawns etc.

Maybe in addition to a downed chopper or plane it would be cool to see heavy black smoke from the distance. This could attract other survivors.. or even bandits ;D. Would pimp up the tension.

Excellent idea.

There are many areas of the map that are almost deserted, so a random spawn like this would help to spread players around the map more if they had a reason to venture into the quiet areas.