vibe

Day/Night cycle

Also night shouldnt be as fucking dark' date=' you should be able to navigate and see shit around you. Also theres aloooot of people who WORK and thus can only play during ingame evening/night i.e. pitchblackness.

[/quote']

Shouldn't be so dark? I actually recall hearing that rocket made night darker specifically for the mod as the arma 2 nights weren't dark enough. I had a little laugh when I read your post.

Also, I am one of those lots who work 5 days week duringthe typical 9-5. We have a few servers in our region that run on the opposite time zone. I rarely go onto them unless it's dayz night on the weekend.

Daytime tends to attract numbers, bandits and a lot of simlar minded players who think night shouldn't be so fucking dark and remind us all that they can't play at night, it's not realistic, and it's simply not fun.

Also night shouldnt be as fucking dark' date=' you should be able to navigate and see shit around you. Also theres aloooot of people who WORK and thus can only play during ingame evening/night i.e. pitchblackness.

[/quote']

Shouldn't be so dark? I actually recall hearing that rocket made night darker specifically for the mod as the arma 2 nights weren't dark enough. I had a little laugh when I read your post.

Also, I am one of those lots who work 5 days week duringthe typical 9-5. We have a few servers in our region that run on the opposite time zone. I rarely go onto them unless it's dayz night on the weekend.

Daytime tends to attract numbers, bandits and a lot of simlar minded players who think night shouldn't be so fucking dark and remind us all that they can't play at night, it's not realistic, and it's simply not fun.

You guys are all stupid thinking nights are PITCH BLACK.

NEVER has a night been this black as in Dayz or in Arma 2 for that matter.

Real nights do NOT look like this:

arma2oa2012052309163662.jpg

Youre a dumb dumbass if you think this is realism.

Okay you want to talk about realism? Here we go.

There are problems, clearly.

A. Night is unrealistically dark and nearly unplayable

B. Zombies can see you too easily in the dark

C. Servers are only really playable about 60% of the time (when it's light)

D. Servers get completely jammed and people are forced to play on foreign servers causing servers to stop letting people in and forcing people to play with high ping and flood servers where they don't speak the native language. (obviously talking about English/Russian here)

E. It's unrealistic to always play during the daytime. Part of the realism and part of the survival is playing at night. It should be part of the game.

So that's a LOT to tackle. We have 2 real main problems though. The night is unplayable, and that causes the second problem, server issues. Making people have to join laggy servers and making the daytime servers flood and not let people in.

First and foremost: 1:1 24 hour day/night cycle is fine. It's silly to change it. If I look out my window it should look like the game.

The night needs to be lightened. Having a sort of dark bloom effect making you have to adjust to the darkness is a great addition to think of implementing. there should be moon/starlight to light your path.

I'm not sure how people feel about this one, but consider giving zombie's eyes a slight glow at night so they're not invisible. Sort of like in Dead Rising. (note I'm not putting a whole lot of weight in this suggestion)

Give us something better to start with than road flares. It really doesn't make sense to start with flares, and they serve literally no purpose but to make you a target for humans and zombies alike. I honestly haven't thought of anything better, but that's what the forums are for :P

You should be forced to endure night at least once and a while. That's realistic. Dropping the zombie's awareness at night and giving more visibility when outdoors would be ideal. Indoors you should be forced to use a flare because of the sheer darkness. That should balance the visibility issue.

tl;dr night isn't playable and it causes servers to be only useful 1/2 the time. Visibility should be brought up only when not in a building where it should be pitch black. It's unrealistic to never experience night.

Everyone plays games at night. That's when they're out of school / finished work.

Noone, except for the very very few who have absolutely no life, has time to play games during the day.

-.-

This turns DayZ into a fanboy game.

We all end up playing on servers that are on the other side of the world, and the people on the other side of the world play the servers that are here. Everyone lags. End of story.

Time needs to be random on each server

[/quote']

You guys are all stupid thinking nights are PITCH BLACK.

NEVER has a night been this black as in Dayz or in Arma 2 for that matter.

Real nights do NOT look like this:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6600/arma2oa2012052309163662.jpg

Youre a dumb dumbass if you think this is realism.

Stop complaining and use your flashlight. In real life we can see in the dark because our eye's ISO climbs. Nights would be pitch black if it didn't.

They should keep the 24hr day/night cycle, but make the timezone random instead of fixed to the server location timezone.

i can not confirm the 24hr day/night cycle, 30 hours only darkness ( my server is running 30 hour nonstop )

script error or server error ?

how i can fixed the problem ?

That is nood good for new players ( not player friendly ) and the future of Dayz, i dont know, the admin need more rights

My 2p:

A shortened day night cycle would mean everybody getting the variety of day and night, rather than people always playing in the day or always playing in the night.

That would be more fun than people just picking a server so that they always have day time.

Night time gets a bit trying after a couple of hours. Does anyone actually play long sessions at night?

Yep,it makes for immersion when the night comes faster but breaks immersion when the server gets dark and you leave to find a bright server.Heck they should just have it so that time stands still and people choose what time they wanna play and be done with it since people will just server hop.Better idea,though it will never be implemented,is a 4 hour cycle and every server in world is on same time.Then make nights always spawn full moon.

It seems that with sudden huge abundance of servers, its now impossible to find a filled or even half full night time server. Everyone hops around until they find that daytime server they wanted... immersion broken the othrr way now :(

Btw, I remember a while back reading post by developers that it would be pretty much impossible to 'shorten' the time cycle, so that one is kind of out of the question I guess :(

how is the cycle determined? How do the servers know local day/night cycle times?

Is it through the servers time clock? or the timezone set in the server name?

sorry for res-erecting this old post