Sign in to follow this  
soapmak3r

Possible DayZ origin story inspired by real event?

This happening yesterday made me think that this could be a cool origin story for DayZ...A meteor explodes in the atmosphere and some form of alien bacterial infection that effects cognitive functioning is released into the air...

Although, contaminated meat illegally put into the food chain could also be a more down to earth origin...Still culturally relevant at the moment.

• Like 1

the explosion and heat could destroy the bacteria, friction with atmosphere would destroy every carbon structure on its surface, for the inside it would have to be guarded by a verhy thick layer and the piece would have to be something like a solid metal full of cavities to hold a plethora of bacteria.

I am not a scientist, but your idea is possible but theres not a lot of stuff that comes through but is destroyed in impact, but theres still a possibility for that to happen and by some miraculous way for the bacteria to survive, it has happened before but they are almost always common bacteria, i think most of the time they are just aminoacids if we get lucky, but a bacteria would mean life beyond and probably that the theory for life generating from outter space is a possibility.

Its more probable for the cause to come from our planet

Why dont you just say the new strad of tuberculosis mutates and incorporates rabies? Improbable still

Look, its flawed and very improbable to happen, but we are making fiction so we could say it happened, it depends more on mod team to add journals indicating the origin and how UN tried to deal with it.

• Like 1

How about this then? :D

I actually think I heard another game is using this as their premise, can't remember which upcoming game though...

A form of BSE (mad cow disease) could be very plausible, but I think that was the premise from ZombieLand, but still a good one.

Zombie apocalypse lore can place its "origin" anywhere. Mutated virus, alien micro-organism, biological weapon, anything goes!

Personally, I like to have everything remain shrouded in mystery. Though long-running franchises always cave-in and "explain" things.

Of course, the devs will have their plan in mind, and Rocket's brother is a virologist, so they'll likely have a logical (if not entirely realistic) explanation for the outbreak.

But anything describing the story behind it should only every appear as hidden snippets of info. Never a fully-fledged backstory.

We all know newspapers get it wrong IRL, and everyone likes to guess, so it'd be cool to have articles/letters/recordings of people's theories without ever giving a "this is fact" answer.

I think keeping a sense of mystery about the whole scenario whilst allowing the community to speculate would add to the overall experience,

Of course this is just my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm alone on this one. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

How about this then? :D

I actually think I heard another game is using this as their premise, can't remember which upcoming game though...

A form of BSE (mad cow disease) could be very plausible, but I think that was the premise from ZombieLand, but still a good one.

URGH.. that was creepy.

yeah, fungi is a good cause, but we would need breathers, and atmosphere would be almost unbreathable,

the game survarium is using this, but with the stalker zone thingy.

It does not creates zombies, but just more spores, in the xfiles series there was a similar thing wich created zombies but they got close to burst open in the face of the victim so this new host one would seek more hosts to infect, a cycle.

I think we could stay with bacteria, maybe saying that a space probe mad contact with aliens and it returned with the virus, maybe, the asteroid idea is not far fetched, it could happen, and science fiction dwells in the improbable.

@ Chabowsky i like your idea, the info snippets should be confusing and controversial, one denying each other claims, maybe someone can find a morse code telling the true story in a hidden lab? Dunno, one thing i know is that sometimes when writing a mystery about a murder, most writers only decide which character is the culprit only in the ending, so everyone could have been it, so why not use this ingame, most people would know most theories were wrong, but maybe theirs could be right, and thus people would choose their favourite and side with it

I think the most important thing is that we will never know which is the true and how well these flawed theories will be shown to the player. Like a board telling people to use a rebreather when outdoor to avoid spores, but we know there arent any, or are there?

If bacteria had it this easy to change the surface of the earth we would all have been long gone. That said todays human does have a weaker health than the ones had 20-30 years ago...why? We slept in baby beds painted with colors containing lead and the stuff we were playing with...we even chewed that stuff...omg we should have been dead over and over.