Sign in to follow this  
sinkatze

[SA] PvE-PvP events

Hello, so my idea of these events would be randomly around the map, lets say for example have a huge horde attack on a town, I mean kind of massive. To fight this horde attack, players would have to group up to fight them, yeah even bandits if not there wouldn't be a chance. If say the players win, everything goes back to normal, maybe add some kind of reward. If the zeds win, they would overrun that town and there would be another event to re-capture it from them with some organized attack.

By this happening it would design specific towns in the world marked as very dangerous (conquered by zeds), or safer, normal amount of zeds.

This idea would make the community stick their guns and fight together, but on the contrary if say the players beat the zeds in that town, you could almost guarantee bandits are gonna start doing their job, so it would become a pvp deathmatch town, fight to your death, or run to fight another day.

When these events occur, maybe they could be notified with a pop up like Wastelands or something, so other people know about it.

This example I gave would be a PvE event that could lead to a PvP situation, but other obejctives could be mainly PvP focus for a specific reward.

This example idea was taken from Guild Wars 2, an MMO, which mobs attack small towns and if you fail to defend, it becomes theirs, and then another event pops up to attack that town instead of defending it.

There could be a whole bunch of other ideas for some kind of event system like this, so spit out any idea you also have of what could be done.

Thanks.

Mankind is the worst beast lurking earths surface. Even when it means extinction they would rather fight among eachother rather than giving a helping hand... A PvE event would only invite the wrong kind of players and the PvE / PvP term shouldn't be used for the game imo because it's not the main part or it would not be a zombie survival rather than a zombie pvp pve survival...

• Like 1

the hordes of zombies have already taken over cities, thats why all cities have zombies, dont you get it? Cities are not safe anymore, and we are just expecting the features to let us build our settlements with nice farms away from everybody

I have to agree with Enforcer's sentiment.

The primary reason to be taking out zeds should be necessity in protecting yourself.

That's not to say that attacking mobs of infected aren't a suitable idea, just that they shouldn't be seen as a reason to PvE or an attraction for players.

Sort of a "kicked a hornet's nest" situation.

It'd be an obstacle of sorts, or a threat to your safety that HAS to be dealt with. Not a bit of fun for you to throw some bullets at, if you get what I'm saying.

There shouldn't be any indication of it, other than the fact that it's happening. And it should be a spontaneous thing. Not predictable, and not planned.