-Guardian-

Combat Timer in 1.7.5, Worse now than ever before.

Thats not a simple fell down thats an seriosly emergency. Normaly you know your childs you can easy hear if it is a screem for mommy or a screem from pain.

Yeah, that's the hypothetical situation we're dealing with here - not the 'daddy can I have XYZ toy out from the loft' questions that aren't urgent, we're talking about something that genuinely warrants attention within 30 seconds - if something like that happens and your main concern is 'I just lost a couple of hours of gameplay', then you have serious priority issues.

Either way, mZLY nailed it - it's a necessary evil. A minor pain in the ass every now and then, but it stops combat loggers and despawners from cheating, so we live with it. I'm sure the funkier aspects of it will be finetuned out.

sadly combat loggers are right shift/P ing now out of game mostly :P

Dont make your child a sissy. Force him to solve his problems alone. This makes him a good human.

In gerneral spoken, not on your case, not against you:

I hate modern partens who are thinking their childs are the middelpoint of the earth. Thats makes childs sissys or douches.

Clearly you aren't a parent. Scenarios come up that require immediate attention, such as a personal experience I had just a few days ago where my 3 year old daughter decided to climb my glass shelved media tower in the living room and tip it over. Luckily she was alright, but there is no way I sit there and lecture her from the comfort of my desk. Do I coddle her when I do this? No, but I made sure she understood not to do that again and check for any injuries.

• Like 2

Yeah, but I assume that'll be fixed in time for the next update. I would have suggested simply leaving the character in-world for 30 seconds post-kick as a solution, but having been the victim of an AddMagazineCargo kick whilst running for my life through Berezino last night, I can now see the downside to that particular argument. :P

The main things about it that bother me are the buggy things, like when the gun in your HUD is green yet when you hit esc it says 30 seconds til you can abort for the next minute, and that when you sprint it makes you in combat. these combined have made me unable to abort for a couple minutes extra in situations i should have been able to.

Edited by -Guardian-

Yup, it's inconvenient but IMO necessary. It's the only way to stop people logging out to despawn zombies etc.

The combat timer, is a useless tool.

* It is not hard to get around it, people just "ALT+F4".

Until "BIS" solves the issue with people using "ALT+F4" to evade combat or death in general.

- The the combat timer might actually be useful.

---

If waiting 30 sec waiting, is too much for you, just stop playing DayZ.

* Legaue of Legends players plan ahead for hours to have available game time.

Since most matches can last from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.

Edited by Sobieski12

Sometimes you dont have 30 seconds mate.

Like the guy before me said, sometime things come up. if my kid fell down and started crying id like to be able to quickly log and tend to him. in that situation would you wait 30 seconds? sometimes 30 seconds seems a lot longer than it really is.

*(i dont have children, just playing devils advocate)*

Thats plain ole bad parenting... your argument is invalid. Kiddies must be duct taped before said video game is engaged... you aint got time to check if he's all right.

As for you saying to just Alt F4, the game wont let you whilst in combat. something they fixed in 1.7.4

I wish ppl would get this correct combat timer and logout timers are two different systems we have been over this so many times now.

Combat Timer -> Doing any action ingame.

Logout Timer -> Trying to logout within 6 meters of another player.

Logout Timer -> Trying to logout within 35 meters of a zed.

The logout timer is broke the timer is 90 secs not 30 this is a bug.

• Like 2

Which is why, as well as BBs giving infections, I am sticking with 1.7.4.4 until the Standalone.

• Like 1

Hi there. Now, if you can read, you will already know i'm here to talk about the combat timer that they 'fixed up' in the latest patch. Let me just jump right into it.

THIS THING IS SHIT.

Perfect example of something that was bad in the beginning, got a little better with the next couple patches, then was pushed too far and is just god awful now. You go into combat mode for just about anything that happens in the game. Zombie sees you from 100+ yards and you have the combat timer for the next minute or however long it takes you to lose him PLUS another 30 after that if you try to abort.

Oh you feel like sprinting? COMBAT TIMER COMES ON FOR THAT TOO.

I'm one of the people who wanted it to be fixed, but its just gone too far. I know i'm not the only one who has other shit going on sometimes and would enjoy the opportunity to log out within 30 seconds of sprinting through the goddamn forest. I think people have forgotten that whether or not its classified as a game, people play it as such. In my experience you can exit games when you choose. This is passed people trying to Combat log out of a firefight, and right on into you can never leave this game if youre remotely near a zombie, sprinting, vaulting, breathing, eating, talking, smiling, stretching, you get the point. I lost a fine character over the fact that something that would be categorized as an emergency at the time came up and i wasnt able to log off due to the fact a couple zombies were chasing me by a barn. i gave it about 15 secs, even tried to lose em in the pines, but the timer was still on and i had to go.

Now since this happened i've found out through other players a way to get yourself kicked from the game if you choose (Map - Units - Server Settings "Script Restriction") but dont you think just once this could be fixed instead of forcing people to use exploits to get satisfaction?

Just my 2 cents.

I agree, fully, 1.7.5.1 is the worst bullcrap ever. DayZ is now taken too far, and ruined. Since 1.7.4.4 things have gone to shit. 1.7.5.1 fucked it up 100%.

i only support the combat timer if you're about 5 or 10 meters away from a person or a bullet just hit near you (or shot near you)

like for example if i want to take someone as a hostage and i'm too far , i would fire a bullet and then he cannot leave , take his stuff and take him hostage (in no way i will do that since i play "hero" style , but i would , however do it to a bandit)

I cant even log out besides my buddy cause it says that i cant logout near another player :(

you only have to step 6 meters away, is it really that big a deal?

Wipe my butt daddy...Hold on son, daddy has to wait 30 seconds to log out. If Steve Weibe can do it, so can you.

Edited by Burt_Reynolds

Great another guy who used to log off to despawn zombies and now that he cant do it, he makes up stories like his kid falling lol, friking hilarious.

Nothing's wrong with 1.7.5.1. It's still the same glitches as we've always had, for christsakes people. The zeds (albeit fucked) have been made harder and all you do is sit here and whinge about it like the end is nigh, and that R4Z0R has betrayed you and all this crap.

HE IS WORKING FOR FREE, TO BRING MORE CONTENT AND LESS BUGGINESS TO WHAT IS ALREADY A FREE MOD. STOP GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME.

Nothing's wrong with 1.7.5.1. It's still the same glitches as we've always had, for christsakes people. The zeds (albeit fucked) have been made harder and all you do is sit here and whinge about it like the end is nigh, and that R4Z0R has betrayed you and all this crap.

HE IS WORKING FOR FREE, TO BRING MORE CONTENT AND LESS BUGGINESS TO WHAT IS ALREADY A FREE MOD. STOP GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME.

Sorry, but you're talking crap. Most people aren't complaining about how hard the zombies are, far from it. They're complaining about new features introduced that are either buggy or badly thought out.

As to working for free or not, personally I think there should be paid developers for DayZ, Bohemia have made a LOT of money with people purchasing Arma II and considering the mod is a test bed for the standalone (which they will make money from) they could at least invest something back into the mod.

I understand some peoples' claims, they sound fair. I like the system If the game worked fine the combat log timer could be almost the best option, but...Human skkidies, Zombie exploiters, door traps...

Anyway, my only problem is cheating. So, I follow an advice I red some time ago in these forums, just keep the window "Kill process arma2OA.exe" always on background, so that the only thing you need to do if a skkidie appears is just ALT+TAB and then ENTER.

Edited by Mitor

Honnestly I hate this. Literally hate this. I know DayZ is a survival game more so than a shooter, but come on! This is really limiting what you can do. Like putting a square box around a shooter, removing all functions. :(

Honnestly I hate this. Literally hate this. I know DayZ is a survival game more so than a shooter, but come on! This is really limiting what you can do. Like putting a square box around a shooter, removing all functions. :(

I'm not being sarcastic here or anything, I genuinely wonder: how do you mean? Please elaborate! :)

I'm not being sarcastic here or anything, I genuinely wonder: how do you mean? Please elaborate! :)

Im somewhat curious myself

Combat timer is perfect now have not had a combat logger disconnect on me so far.