Sign in to follow this  
TehMikaL

Wanna start playing again, question tho! (new maps/worlds)

I see on DayZ Commander, theres ALOT of addon worlds.

Can someone whose familiar with them , gimmie a heads up on which new lands are the most polished, populated and funnest to play? (assuming u can only play on one new map/world at a time) Or is just the straight Cherno old school map/mod still the bestest!

Thanks guys.

Hi welcome back.

Personally I think the best of the new worlds is Taviana, it's a very big landscape (600+ sq KM) with many ore enterable buildings, more cities with better loot. It's not perfect and some areas arent as polished as they could be but on the whole its pretty awesome. A close second would be Namalsk though.

• Like 1

Hi welcome back.

Personally I think the best of the new worlds is Taviana, it's a very big landscape (600+ sq KM) with many ore enterable buildings, more cities with better loot. It's not perfect and some areas arent as polished as they could be but on the whole its pretty awesome. A close second would be Namalsk though.

Hey thanks alot man! Ill certainly give that one a try. Vehicles and such on there? Just like before , collecting tires/gas etc . cars and helicopters?

Also, can you only have one mod installed at a time? Im not quite sure how it works to play a different map! Perhaps i need to dig up a tutorial!

But I appreciate u taking the time! Kudos! :)

Also, one more quick question, are those new worlds made by just modders? Or does Rocket have a hand in it?

Edited by TehMikaL

Namalsk is rubbish.

Especially with the EVR crap and the bloodsuckers. Might be good if you get military weapons early on, otherwise you are screwed when bloodsuckers start to spawn and pile on you.

I absolutely hated Namalsk.

i love Namalsk, the EVR and bloodsuckers discourage PvP, and make's looting an APSI (Namalsk only) feel like x-mas.

Namalsk is that sort of map where you get fast rushes of adrenaline for the fact that military loot can be found within 20 minutes of every spawn point, the map is terribly small, making encounters very frequent with other players (PvP beware), there is actually coldness on the mountain, so finding a winter suit is mandatory, Since the map is small, vehicles are relatively easy to find. And bloodsuckers add to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-ish immersion of this seemingly post-apocalyptic place. There is also the secret weapon, basically an alien rifle that is similar to a rail gun, gauss rifle or whatever you might wanna call it. VERY RARE though.

In my opinion the two best maps are...

1. Lingor Island

2. Panthera

I'm for the PvP and those maps I always get my best fights in.

Namalsk is ok with the bloodsuckers removed, but other than that it's bleh. I recommend staying away from servers with bloodsuckers as it's just a joke. The bloodsuckers are invisible until they are within 5 meters of you, you can't out run them, and they don't die easily. Anyone who thinks bloodsuckers balance the game clearly has a poor idea of what gaming is supposed to be like.

thanks alot for ur replies guys! Seems alot of the mods are worth trying! im gonna start with Taviana and then namalsk ! And then thee others! again ty guys! :)