Sign in to follow this  
Cappy (DayZ)

As a old player, this mod is now too easy it un-playable

Think the game is too easy' date=' not challenged, not having a good time? You should probably keep playing it.

Oh, and post as much as you can about it.

[/quote']

FOR THE LAST TIME!!! The title of this thread is merely a parody on the thread titled ''As a new player, this mod is too hard its un-playable''.

i do not think the game is un-playable as it is, read what I've written ffs. all i do is give a few valid points that the game has gotten easyer.

You all seem to have mastered sarcasm, how is satire and parodies beyond your sense of humor

Blame the crybabies who were crying 24/7 on these forums after the 1.7.1 patch. The zombies before were easily avoidable in towns.

so i keep seeing the word simulation or real.... tell me in what reality zombies are real?

The recent hotfix made the game more user friendly and i think there is a good balance for all sorts of players new and old. I still think it needs work and from what ive seen its being worked on very regularly.

You have to remember this is still alpha and wont be right for a long time. Patients is good for things like this aspecially using the arma engine.

I believe small things like getting broken legs from glitching between rocks and glitching through roofs needs to be fixed before the zombies main los needs to be fixed. The zombies walking through closed doors and glitching through walls is a big point too. also the loot system needs major work whats the point of having hard zombies if you cant find anything but empty cans?

The recent hotfix made the game more user friendly and i think there is a good balance for all sorts of players new and old. I still think it needs work and from what ive seen its being worked on very regularly.

The recent hot fix made the game easier, and imho a step backwards, and yes this is an alpha and not perfect we all know this, however if no one was to provide feedback then there would be no progress and players and testers would be failing to do their duty/purpose.

Just had my first run from beach after being killed by a wc-door..(still makes me blush)

Anyway, trying to stealth as pre-1.7 allmost got me killed due to shady Crouch bug(!?) eye markers switch between 2-4 while walking, somtimes dropping to zero when standing still.

However, when being chased i did what ive read...

1. Get into a house

2. Wait for zeds

3. a) If having backdoor-use it

3. b) no backdoor? Rush through horde

Plz give a HORDE power to hold/slow runners so this aint possible

Some minutes later im in elektro, collecting hordes and ditching as i please, in the end of the session i got one zed after me, so i decided to climb a ladder to some large pipes.... LoS comes into play.... Heard of a sitting duck?

1. Aim down the ladder

2. Squeeze trigger

3. Decide to log off til next hotfix/patch

I love respawn w/o weps and new los IDEA!! But tune it down.. Make zeds slower so we can outrun them and THEN hide, i.e zeds too close=they will know where you are.

Maybe make them patroll area in outward circle/investigate whole houses.

so i keep seeing the word simulation or real.... tell me in what reality zombies are real?

You have to remember this is still alpha and wont be right for a long time. Patients is good for things like this aspecially using the arma engine.

I believe small things like getting broken legs from glitching between rocks and glitching through roofs needs to be fixed before the zombies main los needs to be fixed. The zombies walking through closed doors and glitching through walls is a big point too. also the loot system needs major work whats the point of having hard zombies if you cant find anything but empty cans?

Please go back to top of thread and read past the title.

And i haven't use 'real' or 'simulator' once,. you sure you have the right thread?

The recent hot fix made the game easier' date=' and imho a step backwards, and yes this is an alpha and not perfect we all know this, however if no one was to provide feedback then there would be no progress and players and testers would be failing to do their duty/purpose.

[/quote']

Thats why i posted my thoughts and dont think the zombie agro sould be changed until the basics are done right first, even though the zombies got easier ive had more fun with this than the zombies that see me when im prone on the other side of a wall or they see me before i can even hear or see them, yes i think the zombies need to be worked on and 1.7.1 was a bit to far if the zombie heads moved slower around then maybe it could work because then you can sort of work around it and move when they arent loooking. but yeah loot and other things need to be fixed before it gets harder.

And i haven't use 'real' or 'simulator' once' date='. you sure you have the right thread?

[/quote']

i read it in this thread and many others im not reading this thread again to find it but its there. and btw stop trolling forums its not cool.

i read it in this thread and many others im not reading this thread again to find it but its there. and btw stop trolling forums its not cool.

I have just checked the Op's initial post and those words do not occur in it. Please stop trolling the forums and double check what your post before posting.

1.7.1:

Sneeking was a great skill to master' date=' aggro was not lost, the tension was high, the fear was great. You knew that if you got aggro you would have to find a building and open fire. This would increase the aggro from the Zeds and reveal your position to others, not a situation you want to be in, but if you had enough ammo it was survivable, however it would eat into your resources such as ammo and medical supplies. You had choices to make, and situations that could arise that warranted carrying a lot of supplies.

1.7.1.1: post hotfix

Now you don't need to sneek, simply run into a building with multiple exits, turn and corner and your home free, aggro is lost. Unless your out in the open with no buildings there is no reason to fire your weapon at all and subsequently no reason to carry alot of ammo,. or even have the need for it.

People say its too hard starting without a weapon?? I say now you simply do not need a weapon, its only purpose now is to serve as a defense tool against other players.

How anyone could think the game is harder now is beyond me. Anyone who has given 1.7.1.1 a fair try with no preconceptions derived from the several rant threads that are about will come to the same conclusion.

For me DayZ has become dull and easy, shame on you all, and the dev team for listening to anyone but yourselves.

[/quote']

As fellow what you would call an "old player" (laughable) I think you are silly. Shame on the developer for TRYING SOMETHING OUT?!?!?!?

Its alpha...get real

READ THIS:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14753&pid=134552#pid134552

The recent hot fix made the game easier' date=' and imho a step backwards, and yes this is an alpha and not perfect we all know this, however if no one was to provide feedback then there would be no progress and players and testers would be failing to do their duty/purpose.

[/quote']

Thats why i posted my thoughts and dont think the zombie agro sould be changed until the basics are done right first, even though the zombies got easier ive had more fun with this than the zombies that see me when im prone on the other side of a wall or they see me before i can even hear or see them, yes i think the zombies need to be worked on and 1.7.1 was a bit to far if the zombie heads moved slower around then maybe it could work because then you can sort of work around it and move when they arent loooking. but yeah loot and other things need to be fixed before it gets harder.

And i haven't use 'real' or 'simulator' once' date='. you sure you have the right thread?

[/quote']

No you did not find it in this thread, or at the very least any of my posts.

Also one last point to make, I'm not trolling, I am the OP, Surely the posting in this thread would be about the points made by the OP, which you clearly haven't read, you are just picking out posts, and arguing,.. in a word, Trolling.

lol 15 year old virgins calling me troll after calling them troll. fuck you guys are funny get a life and i say dont give feed back anymore your comments are worthless.

Yes I agree it is too easy now. The Zombies are also very glitchy, sometimes after you 'hide' from them you can walk past them without them noticing you. I walked around Cherno all yesterday without worrying about Zombies, however got attacked three times by other players (one shot at me with a Crossbow, lol!). Thats why you still need a gun.

zombies need to be harder again, and players need just enough starting equipment (ex. 1 mag in the handgun) to deal with them until they find more/better equipment.

8 rounds in the mak:

-you might be able to kill a player if you dont miss.

-if early on while looking for gear you get cornered by zeds in a building, you might escape if you aim for the head/shoot strategically.

I didn't like the fast respawn of 1.7.1' date=' but liked the rest of it. Was more of a challenge but too early to whine. [/quote']

same here. though I wouldn't call even that a challenge. once you crawl and check where zombies go, it's all easy.

am I the only person who thinks z's need to present even more serious threat than in 1.7.1?

aside from instant respawn, of course

I'd wager money that if ammo didn't 'magically respawn' people would stop hanging out on the coast line and 'face stomping' zombies with their uber unlimited ammo military weaponry.

They'd have to spend more time sneaking / going to military zones.

1.7.1:

Sneeking was a great skill to master' date=' aggro was not lost, the tension was high, the fear was great. You knew that if you got aggro you would have to find a building and open fire. This would increase the aggro from the Zeds and reveal your position to others, not a situation you want to be in, but if you had enough ammo it was survivable, however it would eat into your resources such as ammo and medical supplies. You had choices to make, and situations that could arise that warranted carrying a lot of supplies.

1.7.1.1: post hotfix

Now you don't need to sneek, simply run into a building with multiple exits, turn and corner and your home free, aggro is lost. Unless your out in the open with no buildings there is no reason to fire your weapon at all and subsequently no reason to carry alot of ammo,. or even have the need for it.

People say its too hard starting without a weapon?? I say now you simply do not need a weapon, its only purpose now is to serve as a defense tool against other players.

How anyone could think the game is harder now is beyond me. Anyone who has given 1.7.1.1 a fair try with no preconceptions derived from the several rant threads that are about will come to the same conclusion.

For me DayZ has become dull and easy, shame on you all, and the dev team for listening to anyone but yourselves.

[/quote']

Well I can only agree in part, I actually, after dieing about 10 times in one day, ended up enjoying the new eagle eyed zombies brought to the table, I do think you should be able to lose them though if you get aggro, so have to disagree about that part but yeah, since 1.7.2 it seems that the zombies detection has been greatly nerfed sadly, also the dark night time issue has been fixed, allowing use of the gamma exploit once again, which I think is a shame, I thought it was much cooler to force the player to actually make use of things like flashlights and flares, but meh, I guess the casual masses kicked up a stink so rocket reverted. overall 1.7.2 seems like it got the carebear treatment in terms of difficulty :(

Agreed with the OP, game is easy mode again. All these 14 year olds crying swayed Rocket which discourages me slightly.

oh man we got ourselves a bunch of people who've beaten the game already! I guess the game is easy mode when all you do is server hop or stay out in the woods near the central cities where player populations are lower and DCing if you see a player.

Dont worry you pro gamers being that its alpha im sure next patch he ll arm the zombies with ak47s just for you.

oh man we got ourselves a bunch of people who've beaten the game already! I guess the game is easy mode when all you do is server hop or stay out in the woods near the central cities where player populations are lower and DCing if you see a player.

Dont worry you pro gamers being that its alpha im sure next patch he ll arm the zombies with ak47s just for you.

You sound butthurt that you suck at the game.

i think it was harder starting with a gun tbh, i can run through cherno and loose zeds with ease and im a new player xD

You sound butthurt that you suck at the game.

how would you define sucking? I've been having a blast surviving with other survivors, killing bandits, raiding stary or NW airfield.

In the end everyone sucks and gets killed. Only wow carebears (maybe you) care about what gear you're wearing and how pretty you look in your tents. Then you rage the forums when a makarov Commando puts two in your temple and steals your NVGs.